Welcome, Guest

bardichev's battle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: bardichev's battle 169991 Views

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Sep 2009 22:06 #18216

• Dov
  • Administrator
Dear everybody:
Not knowing where else to post this at this time but on the thread of my rebbe, reb b:
Please forgive me for doing too little or for doing too much. Surely I have done both many times. I regret being argumentative at times, perhaps even baiting or biting. I love you all, wish us all a quick refuah sheleimah, and hope that Hashem brings us all even closer by bringing the ge'ulah in our days. It is nice to imaging what it'd be like...Thanks for the support you all give and for the overflowing love from each and every one to have crossed my path on this forum. - Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by yankynuss.

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Sep 2009 22:47 #18219

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
This is not a goodbye, right? This is just a pre-Rosh Hashana request for "forgiveness", right?

If it's the latter, we definitely forgive you. But if it's the former, we'll NEVER EVER forgive you!!

No one has changed the face of GYE like you, REBBEREB=DOV (whatever that means). We've had a "Daily Dose of Dov" in almost every single Chizuk e-mail since you've joined us! Thank you for sharing your priceless wisdom with us... What makes it so precious is that you LIVE it, not just speak it... Keep sharing with us for many years to come!!   ;D

May you have a great new year of health, wealth, Nachas, Shalom Bayis, serenity, living with Hashem, sobriety, and freedom from BDS!

Thank you for changing our lives, Reb Dov!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by gyechizuk1.

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Sep 2009 23:00 #18222

• Rage AT Machine
dov wrote on 15 Sep 2009 22:06:

hope that Hashem brings us all even closer by bringing the ge'ulah in our days. It is nice to imaging what it'd be like...

This is not mine. They are the actual (slightly modified) lyrics of a punk rock song:

Father, can you hear me?
How have I let you down?
I curse the day that I was born,
And all the sorrow in the world...

Let me take you to the herding ground,
Where all good men are trampled down,
Just to settle a bet that could not be won,
Between a prideful father and his children.

Well you Guard me now for I cant see,
A reason for this suffering and this long misery.
What if every living Jew could be upright and strong?
Well, then I do imagine there will be

Sorrow, no more.

When all soldiers lay their weapons down,
Or when all kings and all queens relinquish their crown,
Or when the only true Mashiach rescues us from ourselves...
Its easy to imagine there will be

Sorrow, no more.

Last Edit: by Samdbs.

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2009 11:45 #18311

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
we did it- HE'S A FLAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay- took long enough!
and he still disclaims it before typing the lyrics- still work to do, people!

i love it!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by wanttobeholy4ever.

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2009 13:16 #18327

• Rage AT Machine
excuse me, i quoted words someone ELSE (an anarchist punk) wrote, which i felt were appropriate to the subject matter at hand.  I, once again, renounce flakism and flaketry in all of its forms and reject with conviction any attempt to flakisize me or my words.

ratm
Last Edit: by Josj123.

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2009 13:31 #18332

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I have an awesome song for RATM when he hits 90 days. So perfect for him.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Leavemealone.

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2009 13:50 #18340

• bardichev
THIS IS
GEVALDIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

YES REBBEREBBER=DOV

THIS IS NO GOODBYE
AND RATM I GUESS YOU ARE TEETERING ON THE EDGE OF FLAKINESS

Last Edit: by Sean120.

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2009 14:07 #18348

• Rage AT Machine
bardichev wrote on 16 Sep 2009 13:50:

RATM I GUESS YOU ARE TEETERING ON THE EDGE OF FLAKINESS

Okay, i just put on my waffle-makin-kickin-through-the-shins-orthopedic-doctor-martins boots; i colored a tat on my arm with my magic marker and im gonna go find me something to shatter and break...like the rambam suggests about ending up with a middle of the road trait, right? im sure maimonedes approves!
Last Edit: by Santo.

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2009 14:09 #18350

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
Rage AT Machine wrote on 16 Sep 2009 13:16:

excuse me, i quoted words someone ELSE (an anarchist punk) wrote, which i felt were appropriate to the subject matter at hand.  I, once again, renounce flakism and flaketry in all of its forms and reject with conviction any attempt to flakisize me or my words.

ratm

denial.......
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by .

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2009 14:23 #18354

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Just in case Reb Gaurd didn't get it yet I will try to make it a bit eisier to Chap.

Rebbe Reb Berr = Rebbe Reb Dov!

Yidish for Dumies
Doiv is a Berr.

Anyone that still doesn't get it is a lost case.
Last Edit: by AspiringToPurity.

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2009 14:24 #18356

• bardichev
waffle-makin-kickin-through-the-shins-orthopedic-doctor-martins boots

RATM

THATS FINE BUT PLEASE PUT ON A PAIR OF LOAFERS FOR ROSH HASHANA

THE DR MARTES DO NOT GO SO WELL WITH A SIUT

BESIDE THE SHVITZZING FACTOR

b
Last Edit: by Chadash.

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2009 14:26 #18359

• bardichev
Efshar Letaken wrote on 16 Sep 2009 14:23:

Just in case Reb Gaurd didn't get it yet I will try to make it a bit eisier to Chap.

Rebbe Reb Berr = Rebbe Reb Dov!

Yidish for Dumies
Doiv is a Berr.

THE HEILIGER BARDICHEVER ZTZ' WAS A TALMID (MIGDOILAI TALMIDOV) OF THE REBBE REB BER (OF MEZRITCH)

Anyone that still doesn't get it is a lost case.
OR A FLAKE  ;D
Last Edit: by nikk9999.

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2009 17:54 #18456

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
ok, droogs, many of you have wondered whether i am warming up to you flakes; maybe da maybe nyet, or so you think...allow me to be clear:
RATM has no tolerance for flakism. Any person calling for an act of flakiness in the name of RATM is hereby promptly excommunicated.  It is the civic duty of every GYE member to unconditionally condemn any act of flaketry perpetrated in the name of RATM. Any statement or post that has ties to flakists in any way, shape, or form, is hereby  universally condemned by RATM in the strongest terms.

uh oh!
do i have a footprint on my face?
one day at a time

Last Edit: by bitachon718.

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2009 17:54 #18457

• bardichev
bardichev

GEVALDIGGGGGG!!!

GUARD MAY I RETIRE AT LEAST TILL AFTER ROSH HASHANAH??
Last Edit: by officerdown.

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2009 18:06 #18460

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
bardichev wrote on 16 Sep 2009 17:54:

bardichev

GEVALDIGGGGGG!!!

GUARD MAY I RETIRE AT LEAST TILL AFTER ROSH HASHANAH??

This has to be a record.  You reached 1,000 posts on September 7th.  Now, 8 days later (I'm not counting Shabbos), you have 1,200.  That's a rate of 25 posts per day, or more than 1 per hour.

All right, I have the Guinness Records Committee on the other line . . .
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by Beeblebrox.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes