Welcome, Guest

bardichev's battle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: bardichev's battle 170119 Views

Re: bardichev's battle 02 Sep 2010 15:19 #77647

• bardichev
slichos is coming

we gotta hayb zich for the last shabbos of the year

its kollel all shabsos hashana!!!!!!!!!!

Last Edit: by .

Re: bardichev's battle 03 Sep 2010 17:51 #77772

• bardichev
this is it

oy yoy shabbbbbos koidesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bardichev

gooood shabbos to all

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Sep 2010 16:33 #78145

• bardichev
a gitte gebentshter yoor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with all the love in the world

bardichev

Re: bardichev's battle 13 Sep 2010 09:45 #78244

• buzi
  • Fresh Boarder
bardichev wrote on 01 Sep 2010 17:58:

I WROTE THIS TO OVADIA

Hey Barditchev, I never saw this hemshech. Thank you and Dov.

I have a question for you.

In the context of Teshuva the seforim all talk about התקרבות אל ה'. Is that a “feeling” one gets of being close to HaShem or is it something more real/tangible?

Thank you.

Ovadia

Re: bardichev's battle 13 Sep 2010 16:58 #78264

• Dov
  • Administrator
The extent and quality of the relationship you end up with (with anybody, not just Hashem) depends upon what you you put into it.

If I connect with my wife mainly as my personal candy machine, I get a relationship with a candy machine. Wow....profound...meaningful...satisfying...not.

Same l'havdil with Hashem. He can be my personal candy machine, sometimes I gotta pay for it, sometimes for free....still, all He is to me is my machine. OK, the machine has my name on it...but it's still basically a machine. He didn't make life to be that way! Maybe that's the way it is for malochim and for the stars, sun, and moon ("koach ugvurah nosan bohem...") - but not for us humans (yeah, the creatures that drink Woodford, as Reb b would put it.. ;D). For us there is a real G-d there! He took us out of 'beis avodim' - slaves are like machines! But now, we are out of beis avodim because b'ni b'chori Yisrael! We are His kids now! (so darshens the Sfas Emess on those p'sukim)

So: we read the 13 middos and see just Who this G-d is! We want more than a candy machine? Then we gotta become yod'ey Hashem...whatever that means. Ask Yirmiyahu hanavi, who described it clearly and referred to His Rachamim.

And it takes time and work.

Same with the wife. Know her as a body....get fun, frustration, pain, desire, more pain...more lust...mazel tov. But after it is over, it's all just memories, nothing more. Nothing tangible....is that 'real'? Anyone can play 'husband' and 'wife'. Anyone can go through the motions and even say "I love you".

But when you don't stop at that, and work to know and appreciate who she really is besides a body, (and besides even a woman!)...now the connection can be real/tangible. And it grows, and grows. There can be joy, even when you are apart, cuz it's not an act and not just a memory.

That takes work and time. It all depends on what we want.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Bardichev's battle 13 Sep 2010 20:37 #78283

• loi-misyaeish
I'm about to drink a 'l'chaim in yerusholayim', with two holy guys of gye, it won't be woodford though. Take one too! It's on the big occasion of reaching ninety days after over a year, and hopefully many more good days to come. KOT! Loi-m

Re: bardichev's battle 13 Sep 2010 21:34 #78289

• bardichev
lichaim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Re: bardichev's battle 14 Sep 2010 09:25 #78308

• buzi
  • Fresh Boarder
dov wrote on 13 Sep 2010 16:58:

The extent and quality of the relationship you end up with (with anybody, not just Hashem) depends upon what you you put into it.

If I connect with my wife mainly as my personal candy machine, I get a relationship with a candy machine. Wow....profound...meaningful...satisfying...not.

Same l'havdil with Hashem. He can be my personal candy machine, sometimes I gotta pay for it, sometimes for free....still, all He is to me is my machine. OK, the machine has my name on it...but it's still basically a machine. He didn't make life to be that way! Maybe that's the way it is for malochim and for the stars, sun, and moon ("koach ugvurah nosan bohem...") - but not for us humans (yeah, the creatures that drink Woodford, as Reb b would put it.. ;D). For us there is a real G-d there! He took us out of 'beis avodim' - slaves are like machines! But now, we are out of beis avodim because b'ni b'chori Yisrael! We are His kids now! (so darshens the Sfas Emess on those p'sukim)

Wow Dov. That is profound.

So, if to me my daavening, learning etc only sems real when it gives me a good feeling, then HaShem is to me my candy machine, and therefore when it does not feel right i.e. I am not receiving my candy I go for the other candy i.e. acting out .

dov wrote on 13 Sep 2010 16:58:

So: we read the 13 middos and see just Who this G-d is! We want more than a candy machine? Then we gotta become yod'ey Hashem...whatever that means. Ask Yirmiyahu hanavi, who described it clearly and referred to His Rachamim.

And it takes time and work.

I confess that I now realize that I don’t know anything, except that if it is easy it is probably candy. I hope that I will soon understand what the real thing is.

Thank you Dov and thank you Barditchev. What I have received from both of you is priceless.

BTW I am trying to learn from this in my thread "another day"
Last Edit: 14 Sep 2010 12:40 by .

Re: bardichev's battle 14 Sep 2010 22:27 #78343

• bardichev
here is chizzuk i posted somewhere else

My good chaver

We say "keep on trucking"

Meaning keep on fighting keep on rolling keep on hitting the yh (yetzer hora)and if he hits you nu nu.. Just bounce back and hit him again and again

Ok now read this next paragraph slowwwly

You will never ever git rid of your YH

Sorry

You will ALWAYS have urges triggers and sad to say slip and even falls

So bardichev waht are you saying this whole battle is for nothing???

No no no and again no!!!

The job we have is to be engaged in the battle

That's our job

Its not our job to think and imagine the day being a retired general reading a stack of old battle books in a rocking chair and a cigar surrounded my medals and memorabilia

No it also not our job to say hey this is toooo huge foe me ill just chicken out and watch from the side

Yeah every once in a while I'll jump in

Neh! We need to be fully engaged. Full time.  At all costs. Day. Night. At work. On the street. In shul. At weddings. At the computer the blackberry. The everthingggg

You need to resolve that u are in it to win it. And winning means  STAYING IN THE GAME!!!

Keep on trucking

Bardichev

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Sep 2010 18:10 #78506

• bardichev
gmar chassima tova to all

remeber yom kippur is a day of tahara

we come clean

atta nosen yad laposhiim

keep on trucking see ya'll

after yom kippur

bardichev

Re: bardichev's battle 22 Sep 2010 15:41 #78944

• bardichev
gut yom tov to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

be happy with Hashem

be happy to be  yid!!!!!!!!!!!!

freilach!!!!!!!

drink woodford

eat cholint

be besimcha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

winning IS staying in the game

park your trucks

and put on your dancing shoes!!!!!!!!!!!

bardichev

gut yomtov

Re: bardichev's battle 22 Sep 2010 17:41 #78947

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
Good Yom tov Bards, Good yom tov to all.

May we all live in the shadow of G-d and always have true joy.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Oct 2010 15:40 #80023

• bardichev
ok chevra here goes

the trucker will be driving off the beaten path (its not related to the forum its personal)

i will be a bit out of the loop for the next while

please please please

stay in touch thru the pm

please keep the good spirit alive

only with simcha we will prevail

we are not here to become angels

we are here to be holier than animals

keep on trucking

git shabbos git choidesh

your best friend

who loves all of you ahavas nefesh

bardichev

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Oct 2010 19:30 #80067

• Dov
  • Administrator
Mir luven du, barditchever!

...is that yiddish, at all?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: bardichev's battle 11 Nov 2010 18:33 #84340

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
vuss macht der Admor Mi'HumbleHappy?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes