Welcome, Guest

bardichev's battle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: bardichev's battle 169896 Views

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 15:43 #6462

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
To our Rebbe; 'The triple H': (Heilige Humble and Happy) Berdichev,

MAZEL TOV! I wish I could write something as beautiful and moving as all your other followers have, but just popping over to the mens side should tell you something of how important your posts are to me!

Your attitude and simcha throughout this growing stage is nothing short of incredible. A talmida chachama (!) Im not, but I am constantly amazed and inspired by the variety of sources you cull from as you encourage everyone to toyvel and metaher ourselves with you in Hashem's mikva of Mayim Chaim. From litvishe to chassidis and of course the 'basics'; you've proven yourself a leader for all Hashems children. Yes, even those of us on the other side of the mechitza!

Please keep the chizuk and divrei torah coming. You are a very fundamental part of GUE.

...PS I think you guys should start planning that get together! Here; in Yerushalayim. Mashiach is so close that this will be the perfect meeting place! A siyum of karbonos for Hashems holy warriors! We women will be jealous, but cheering you on long distance;-)
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: 17 Jun 2009 18:49 by eitan w.

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 15:57 #6466

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe I'm dense but i didn't realize until i read the heilege chizuk email fro Rabienu Guard what the Yom Tov was all about , I'm a little slow on the pick up today .
I sing for you the song D"REBBE ZOL LIEBEN A MAZAL TOV .....................UVCHAIN TZADIKIM >>>>>>>>UVICHIEN TZADIKIM YIREE VYISMUCHEE
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by maranatha.

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 16:02 #6468

• London
Mazel Tov Dear Bardichev, I am sure your Holy namesake is drinking a l'chaim in gan eden for you.  Keep cheering us up with you humor.  I don't want to ruin your big celebrations, a word of caution do not become complacent I did and fell and it's not pretty out there as you know, so keep doing what you need to stay on the straight and narrow.
Last Edit: 17 Jun 2009 16:05 by newlife.

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 16:43 #6474

• Dov
  • Administrator
Mazel Tov dear bardichever and I'd share a lechaim w/you but some folks are discussing working that out as we speak, apparently...
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by ezehugibbor.

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 16:48 #6475

• bardichev
the heiliger bardichever was atalmid of the rebbe reb ber(dov)

I will post one of my favorite Bardichever maaseshs soon

you will see that not all tzaddikim understood his mihalech ( but they all loved it)

lchaim my favorite schnapps

bourbon woodford reserve
scotch    glenlivet
vodka      none
arak        zachlawi
what else..
Last Edit: by freemenow.

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 16:53 #6476

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov! Mazel Tov!

I'm sure like the light of the day that just like you are "Praavening" a Yom Tov  L'Mato the same is true L'Malo up in heaven.

The Malochim are all joining in this Simche dancing around the Kisei Hakovoid and Hashem is singing "Chazi Chazi! Bonai Bonai! look at my Heiliger bardichiver how he fought off this Crewel Yetser Hora! and will fight on.

Look at my Holy Kinderlach says Hashem! specially the GYE family how Happy they are for one of there own at the milestone he reached.

The Heiliger Bardichever Reb Levi Yitschak (Sanegeiron Shel Yisroel) askes all the Bad M'Katrigim Have you ever seen a Jew be happy that he did an Aveiro for 90 days?! or even One Day?! or even just one Aveiro?!

The Answer is a clear NO! No Jew is Proud of his short comings!

But look at how happy we are with the Milchemes Hayetser. Look How Happy we are that we are Fighting & Wining the Evil One, One Punch at a time, Knocking him out once again.

Yes! we will be zoichen B'Koroiv to see the V'oso Hakodoish Boruch Hu V'Shochat L'Malach Hamoves ones & for all. Who if not us Yidin that put up the bigest fight yet I think, against the Menuvel.

bardichev,
Hashem should help you fight to the end. Keep on making us smile! And may we all have Hashem back us all the time with whatever we need until we will be zoiche to greet Moshiach Very soon in Yerushaleim.

P.S.
I'm sure we will have a special table or section dedicated to "The Fighters!" we shall meet one day! I can just imagine the smiles on are faces when we do.

Last Edit: by .

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 18:28 #6491

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
A hearty Mazal Tov to the Bardichever!
I am not worthy of giving advice to you, just a heartfelt request. Please never stop adding Simcha to this forum. It does so much good for all of us
Last Edit: by קדושה ברענגט שמחה.

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 18:35 #6495

• bardichev
yesss yes I need all the advice i can get

I might be out of the emergency room but NO-one is immune

hello did you drink aLCHAIM yet??
its woodford reserve

herring and kichel are being brought in right now!!

soon by you I wil do the kazatzka!!!

b
Last Edit: by Ivri Anochi.

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 18:54 #6501

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
The Heiliger Bardichever Reb Levi Yitschak (Sanegeiron Shel Yisroel) askes all the Bad M'Katrigim Have you ever seen a Jew be happy that he did an Aveiro for 90 days?! or even One Day?! or even just one Aveiro?!

Efshar Litaken, this quote brought tears to my eyes!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by needschizuk.

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 19:30 #6513

• bardichev
raskebehag come in for a lchaim

yosefyaakov veisse oder breineh??
bardichev

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 19:54 #6516

• aaron4
L'Chaim!!  I'll try some Woodford Reserve, why not?

Following E.L.'s advice on Bruce's thread, I'm posting a question on the one with the most action today.  I have gotten to the point where I can occasionally understand why "normal" people view p***n as repulsive (not all the time though).  I'm happy about that.  However seeing pretty women on the street, even with no further thought beyond the first glance, triggers lust in my heart.  It's automatic.  I try a number of things to combat this including:

* Thinking that they're people and as people, I really don't know them and have no interest in them
* Asking Hashem to grant them all the best and move on
* Trying to work the steps...admitting that I am powerless over lust, Hashem can deal with it, and I am ready for him to do so. 

Sometimes these work but as often as not, they only works in my head, not in my heart.

What else?  Advice, anyone?

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 20:13 #6518

• bardichev
you know aaron
i just thought of a gevaldigge gemara in meseches avoda zara ( i need to look up the blatt)

reb akiva saw the wife of turnos rufus harasha (the gemara says she was very pretty he did 3 thing he spat he laughed he cried

there are  many perushim in this gemara it is kai to learn it inside i will bl"n look up the blatt#

but lets take a lesson from this
we all see things that are triggerring before you mind starts going to the next level or the eyes star checking the whole matzhav..
do one of these 3 things
1spit remeber she is a tipah serucha and hey so are we
2 laugh it off say to the Y"h with this you going to bring me down withthis hah hah hah
3 cry for this beauty is only temporary ( and so is the trigger)

4 if it dont work buddy GET OUT OF DODGE!!!

habaa litaher missayin oso!!!

h&H
b
Last Edit: by yos.

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 20:18 #6521

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Dear Ahron,

I like the advice I saw recently from Pintele Yid about this. He writes:

I was walking home several weeks ago from a Shabbos simcha, when as a result of having to pick up my head to look at the color of the street light, I saw something that that I didn't want to see and it threw me for a loop. I saw that I was losing the battle so "in my mind", I invited myself to follow the "frum" lady home. When she took off her high heels, as a result of those treifa heels, I saw the most ugly bruises on the heels of her feet and I imagined that her feet stunk worse then the dorm rooms in yeshiva. I also try to imagine her as she was a walking skeleton. I think this is the deeper meaning of that Gemorah where if you are at the mercy of something you saw, then take it in and modify it to where you are totally disgusted by it. The Gemorah uses more "base" turnoffs and you can imagine the levels that work for you. Isha Chavis Melei'ah Tzoah...

This can help the automatic trigger for the first few seconds... Then it passes...

You know, lust is interesting. We see something and feel we NEED it. If we don't get it, we feel a taste of "death". It's so hard to turn away sometimes.
But 5 minutes later, not a trace of the desire remains. We can't understand what was so hard...

So if  we can just realize how our brains are TRICKING us when we see something, it will be easier to turn away.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 17 Jun 2009 20:20 by BenNoach.

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 20:23 #6522

• bardichev
rabboisai
here is the craziest part of all this

if you never felt this way ashrecha!

many times I feel the urge to go to a store or an area to SEE if my Y"H is still working( who ever experienced this knows what I mean)

HERE IS A GEVALDIGGE PSHAT FROM REB CHAIM SHMULEVITS

ain adam choteh alla im kayn nichnas bo ruach shtus??
we are all crazy we can plead insanity!!
the teretz is if you are drunk don"t get behind the wheel
DONT LOOK FOR NISYONOS!!!

its a long sugya but the HEILIGER GUARD "TRIGGERED " ME TO REMEMBER  THIS VORT

nuch a LCHAIM!!!
b
Last Edit: by blure.

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Jun 2009 20:40 #6524

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev,

Speaking about Drunk. watch out on all the L'Chaims your making! lol