Welcome, Guest

bardichev's battle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: bardichev's battle 170158 Views

Re: bardichev's battle 04 Apr 2010 05:58 #60124

• bardichev
KEEP ON SINGING!!

(The truck is parked for yom tov )

Last Edit: by .

Re: bardichev's battle 04 Apr 2010 20:38 #60177

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
OIY YAIO SHEVEI SHEL PESACH- does not have the same ring. any other suggestions?
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים

Re: bardichev's battle 04 Apr 2010 20:41 #60178

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov, we where jumping off the Empire State Building till we found GYE and Reb B.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים

Re: bardichev's battle 04 Apr 2010 21:10 #60179

• bardichev
Krias yam suf

The end of paRroiy

Gevaldigggggggg

Kol dodi doifeyk pischu leeeee

Kol oiydeee doifeyk pichu leeeee

Kol

Dodi

Dofek

Pischuuuuu leeee

Bards

Re: bardichev's battle 06 Apr 2010 21:13 #60224

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Why did Hashem tell Moshe to tell Pharaoh that the Jewish people just wanted to just leave "derech shloshes yamim" to serve Hashem - and made it sound like we would come back? Pharaoh sent spies and when they saw that we kept going after 3 days, they came back to Pharaoh and told him "ki barach ha'am" - they were running away. Why did Hashem have to play tricks with Pharaoh? Why couldn't he tell him to let the yidden go - straight out? After all, Pharaoh had no choice in the end, either way!

Answer: Hashem wanted to leave Pharaoh with the illusion that he was the one who let the Yidden out in the end... even though he didn't have a choice, but still it says "vayehi bishalach Paroah es ha'am"... Pharaoh thought he was the one letting them go. So it still wasn't bishleimus. It had to be clear that it was Hashem 100%. That is why Hashem played this game with him, so he should think he still had some "control" - and then he would "change his mind" and chase the Yidden - and only then Hashem was able to show that it was Him 100%.

The lesson we learn from this is that the addiction won't let us go, no matter what, until our ego gets hit so many times over the head (10 makkos) that the ego/Yetzer Hara himself agrees to let the person leave the addiction. However, this is still not bishleimus as long as we think that "we" (the yetzer or "ego") is the one who let us out of the addiction. So it may work for a while, but then "Pharaoh" / the addiction will come chasing back after us again. n other words, as long as we left the addiction because "we" decided to, but without a complete awareness that it is Hashem who got us out, ultimately it will not hold. It will chase us down again, because we still think "we" are in control somewhat. Like Paraoh believed he was the one to "agree" to let us out.

Only when we either (1) stand before a rock and a hard-place and see that we are truly powerless or (2) recognize this on our own, will Hashem split the Yam Suf and take us out truly and fully - "Hashem ish milchama, Hashem shemo".
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: bardichev's battle 07 Apr 2010 03:22 #60244

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
I sang the litvishe kol doidie. I felt my soul wanting out of the binds of  this addiction. kol doidie doifaik pischu LEE!

Re: bardichev's battle 07 Apr 2010 05:18 #60250

• Dov
  • Administrator
You come to Casa del Bard to say you sang a litvishe niggun? Are you chracked? Have you had too much Woodford?

Obviously not.... ;D

Love you, brother.....
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: bardichev's battle 07 Apr 2010 05:22 #60251

• Dov
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 06 Apr 2010 21:13:

Why did Hashem tell Moshe to tell Pharaoh that the Jewish people just wanted to just leave "derech shloshes yamim" to serve Hashem - and made it sound like we would come back? Pharaoh sent spies and when they saw that we kept going after 3 days, they came back to Pharaoh and told him "ki barach ha'am" - they were running away. Why did Hashem have to play tricks with Pharaoh? Why couldn't he tell him to let the yidden go - straight out? After all, Pharaoh had no choice in the end, either way!

Answer: Hashem wanted to leave Pharaoh with the illusion that he was the one who let the Yidden out in the end... even though he didn't have a choice, but still it says "vayehi bishalach Paroah es ha'am"... Pharaoh thought he was the one letting them go. So it still wasn't bishleimus. It had to be clear that it was Hashem 100%. That is why Hashem played this game with him, so he should think he still had some "control" - and then he would "change his mind" and chase the Yidden - and only then Hashem was able to show that it was Him 100%.

The lesson we learn from this is that the addiction won't let us go, no matter what, until our ego gets hit so many times over the head (10 makkos) that the ego/Yetzer Hara himself agrees to let the person leave the addiction. However, this is still not bishleimus as long as we think that "we" (the yetzer or "ego") is the one who let us out of the addiction. So it may work for a while, but then "Pharaoh" / the addiction will come chasing back after us again. n other words, as long as we left the addiction because "we" decided to, but without a complete awareness that it is Hashem who got us out, ultimately it will not hold. It will chase us down again, because we still think "we" are in control somewhat. Like Paraoh believed he was the one to "agree" to let us out.

Only when we either (1) stand before a rock and a hard-place and see that we are truly powerless or (2) recognize this on our own, will Hashem split the Yam Suf and take us out truly and fully - "Hashem ish milchama, Hashem shemo".

Yowee. What else can be said? Thanks, Guard.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: bardichev's battle 07 Apr 2010 06:09 #60256

• bardichev
Dov=Rebberebber

THAT IS THE NIGGUN!!

Ahhhhhhhh

Gevaldiggggggg

Yes it is sung with much dveykus in many a chassidishe bais medrash

Dvaykus BaHashem

It is all one

The roads to get there may be varied but the goal is the same

Going back to guards pshat

I want to add a grain of my own

Re: bardichev's battle 07 Apr 2010 14:06 #60283

• the.guard
dov wrote on 07 Apr 2010 05:22:

Yowee. What else can be said? Thanks, Guard.

Here's "what else" 

After the spiritual "high" of Pesach / Kriyas Yam-Suf, getting back to regular life can be rough for an addict. Immediately after kriyas Yam Suf, it says that the Yidden went for three days into the desert and that there was no water for the people to drink. This place was known as "Mara" - meaning "Bitter". Often, after breaking free from life-long habits and desires, one goes through a stage of "withdrawal" where he may feel "dried out". "And G-d showed Moses a branch and he placed it in the water and the water became sweetened". The Aitz or branch, refers to the Tree of Life which represents "G-d and his Torah". As one progresses on his journey to sexual purity, he is able to connect with G-d and the Torah in ways he was never able to before. It is this spiritual connection, this branch from the "Tree of Life", that sweetens the desert waters and replaces the lust and self-gratification that he had become so accustomed to, with the truly life giving waters of spirituality, sobriety, joy and a true freedom.

Without this "branch" from the Tree of Life, the journey in the desert of sobriety remains truly "bitter" and one may end up returning to Egypt - "on the path that I told you that you shall not see again" (Devarim 28:68).
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: bardichev's battle 07 Apr 2010 18:43 #60311

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
guardureyes wrote on 07 Apr 2010 14:06:

Immediately after kriyas Yam Suf, it says that the Yidden went for three days into the desert and that there was no water for the people to drink. This place was known as "Mara" - meaning "Bitter".

Who am I to dare to try and correct the words of the Heilige Rabeinu Guard. I will just ask, Wasn't the first place they went to after kriyas Yam Suf MIDBAR SHUR?

Remeber what Rashi says on the words Banos tzoado alei shur at (the original) Yosef Hatzadik? Shur means 'looking'. Klal Yisroel entered a place that was empty of bad sights, the desert is a true VIEWer's Paradise! No need to worry about improper sights.

As we Exit the Yom Tov of Freedom, we are no longer bound to the whim of the Yetzer horah. We do not have to live our lives the way HE wants us to. Our eyes are not under HIS control anymore! As far as HE is concerned we are walking in a desert. [The millions of HIS slaves surrounding us notwithstanding.]

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Apr 2010 02:47 #60382

• Dov
  • Administrator
bardichev wrote on 07 Apr 2010 06:09:

Dov=Rebberebber

THAT IS THE NIGGUN!!

Ahhhhhhhh

Gevaldiggggggg

Yes it is sung with much dveykus in many a chassidishe bais medrash

Dvaykus BaHashem

It is all one

The roads to get there may be varied but the goal is the same

Going back to guards pshat

I want to add a grain of my own

Nu, eppes a link for poor me - how does the niggun go? And furthermore, nu?! Where's your "grain" for guard's pshat? Did it ferment into biurbon or something? We are waiting, here!

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Apr 2010 03:22 #60393

• bardichev
The niggun is
REB BORICH BER ZATZALs niggun

Dov this niggun

Will make anyone a bAal hergesh!!

Ok the grain

The grain

Oyyyy the grain!!!

Gevaldiggggg

Why did we tell Pharoa we were just leaving for 3 days

Let me ask nuch a kasha??

Why 10 makkos?

Why krais yam suf etc?

Why couldn't we just leave mitzrayim at makkas dam

Why do we count sefiara??

The Tertz is

The yidden in mitzrayim

Had no idea what chayrus was

So the first level was YETZIA exodus

That gave the yidden a TASTE. Of freedom

Now they knew what freedom was

(If you ever watched shawshank redemption you understand the mashal)

BY krias YAM SUF it was shira chadasha shibchu geulim!!

They we FREE PEOPLE

Says the heiligeh kedushas levy

Every shabbos is mein olam haba

Why

To give us a TASTE of what OLAM HABA is

Dame thing with pesach

Hashem could have just swiftly punish the Egyptians and catapulted us to Har sinai

Yet we would. Never. Yearn and want freedom

Om paysach we get ultimate freedom

A taste

And Hashem does not let that taste stay forever

We work all the days of sefira to bring back that TASTE

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Apr 2010 12:18 #60410

• the.guard
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 07 Apr 2010 18:43:

guardureyes wrote on 07 Apr 2010 14:06:

Immediately after kriyas Yam Suf, it says that the Yidden went for three days into the desert and that there was no water for the people to drink. This place was known as "Mara" - meaning "Bitter".

Who am I to dare to try and correct the words of the Heilige Rabeinu Guard. I will just ask, Wasn't the first place they went to after kriyas Yam Suf MIDBAR SHUR?

We went for 3 days in Midbar Shur until we came to Mara. i.e. The first while we think we'll be Ok in the desert, but we quickly start to feel the "bitterness" of not using the "medication" and need to replace it with the Eitz Hachaim ASAP or we'll go back to Mitzrayim.

Re: bardichev's battle 09 Apr 2010 03:05 #60507

• Dov
  • Administrator
bardichev wrote on 08 Apr 2010 03:22:

The niggun is
REB BORICH BER ZATZALs niggun

Dov this niggun

Will make anyone a bAal hergesh!!

Ok the grain

The grain

Oyyyy the grain!!!

Gevaldiggggg

Why did we tell Pharoa we were just leaving for 3 days

Let me ask nuch a kasha??

Why 10 makkos?

Why krais yam suf etc?

Why couldn't we just leave mitzrayim at makkas dam

Why do we count sefiara??

The Tertz is

The yidden in mitzrayim

Had no idea what chayrus was

So the first level was YETZIA exodus

That gave the yidden a TASTE. Of freedom

Now they knew what freedom was

(If you ever watched shawshank redemption you understand the mashal)

BY krias YAM SUF it was shira chadasha shibchu geulim!!

They we FREE PEOPLE

Says the heiligeh kedushas levy

Every shabbos is mein olam haba

Why

To give us a TASTE of what OLAM HABA is

Dame thing with pesach

Hashem could have just swiftly punish the Egyptians and catapulted us to Har sinai

Yet we would. Never. Yearn and want freedom

Om paysach we get ultimate freedom

A taste

And Hashem does not let that taste stay forever

We work all the days of sefira to bring back that TASTE

Tremendous! Thanks and if you soon can give me two things I'd be even more tsufloigen with simcha: a link for that niggun, and the address for where der zaideh writes that about Shabbos. Thanks, Rebbe.
Last Edit: 09 Apr 2010 03:07 by .
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes