Welcome, Guest

bardichev's battle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: bardichev's battle 169895 Views

Re: bardichev's battle 12 Jun 2009 17:28 #6160

• bardichev
REGARDIG MAKING YOU ALL LAUGH

I AM HAPPY IT IS MY MISSION IN LIFE

HERE IS AVERY CHASSIDISHE VORT
OF COURSE FROM THE HEILIGE BARDICHEVER ZECHUSI YAGE ALEINU

LHAGID SHVACHO SHEL AHARON SHELO SHINA( ahaons in praised for not deviating)

THE QUESTION IS SIMPLE WHY AND HOW CAN HE CHANGE ANYTHING HE WAS COMMANDED BY HASHEM??

SAYS THE HEILIGE BARDICHEVER "ICH" (ME) LEVI YITZCHAK ( he would refer to himself in first person ,little bardichev does it too)

VOLT IBERGEDRIET DE MENIORAH ( I WOULD HAVE TURNED OVER THE MENORAH )OUT OF SHEER EXCITEMENT OF DOING THE MITZVAH I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO CONTAIN MYSELF

AHARONS PRAISE IS HE TOOK ALL THE EXCITEMENT AND INTERNALIZED IT AND DID THE MITZVAH CORRECTLY!!!

humble and happy
gut shabbos

bardichev
lover of all YIDDIN!!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: bardichev's battle 12 Jun 2009 18:34 #6163

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Holy Holy REbbe,
For  this this last post re the difference between lust and desire, this shiur is worthy for  Reb Chaim Brisker himself :D :D. so now besides being the Rebbe and Chief Badchan  of GUE you are also from here on the Rosh Yeshiva Of GUE.
Very well written!!!!!
A lictiger shabbos  my dear friend
NB
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by levtahor90.

Re: bardichev's battle 12 Jun 2009 19:04 #6167

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm glad I was siting in a chair when I just read up the last few much anticipated posts.

"Laughter "IS" the Best Medicine!"

I have a feeling that the bardichever will have a very uplifted Shabbos knowing he cheered us all up.

The posts were getting a bit heated up the last few days for what we were used to, but I'm happy to see how we were all able to come together like adults & go into The Heiliger Shabbos with Sholom & Happiness.

bardichev,
I'm sure you know the story with Eliyohu Hanovi when he saw these 2 Badchonim he said they have a big share in the world to come for they make people happy.

Eshrecho!

Yes, Reb Dov, we can get sooooooooo much further with happiness. only, the hard part is how to get there when we are down.

I have a suggestion if I may.

we should set up a Page Dedicated to "Simche" which will include previous humorous posts a new ones of cores as well as tips how to generate "Simche"

If I may elect bardichev with the permission from Reb Guard and the rest of are GUE family to be in charge of it.

P.S.
bardichev,
Don't think I will let you get away with such a short explanation about "Lust & Desire". you will take the time to go into full detail over the next week. So get to work.

Shabbos Shuloim UmVoiroch
E.L.
Last Edit: by fiena nieas.

Re: bardichev's battle 12 Jun 2009 20:03 #6171

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Regarding what you said that Hashem didnt mean for the Torah to make life difficult.

There's a known Mushol about a guy arriving at a hotel and tells the bellboy to bring his luggage to his room. When the bellboy gets to the room the guy sees that the bellboy is sweating very heavily so he asks him, why are you sweating like this? The bellboy replied, your luggage is soooooooooooooooo heavy. So the guy tells him, If you are sweating then you got the wrong luggage because I only had a light carry on.

The Nimshal is very simple, If the Torah seems to difficult & to hard to live by then we are not flowing the Torah that Hashem gave us to live by.
Last Edit: by nkf.

Re: bardichev's battle 13 Jun 2009 22:09 #6194

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
THat Moshol is from the magid of Duvno, and it's based on the pasuk "Lo Osi karasa yakov, ki yagata bi Yisrael".

It's so nice to see Efshar Lisaken and Barditchev. I think they are setting up a special room in Shamayim for these two heilige Yidden to dance their way into eternity together!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: bardichev's battle 14 Jun 2009 14:47 #6239

• bardichev
the kotzker said this mashal of the dubno maggid are one of thee that were aid with ruach hakodesh( I don't remember the other 2 sorry)
Last Edit: by life is too short.

Re: bardichev's battle 14 Jun 2009 15:17 #6241

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
This moshol brings tears to my eyes whenever I say it over. I always feel that if more people would know, really internalize this principle of the holy dubno,  less of our children would be "on the fringe" or "off the derech" r"l.
When a person takes on chumros that are not appropriate for him (as per the rules of the mesilas yesharim in mishkal hachasidus "chumros habah lidiey kuloh" ) that is why rav miller ztal used repeat ad nuseam how important is to have a rov to discuss.
IF ITS HEAVY WITH GUILT AND ANXIETY, OR TIRESOM AND BURDENSOME THEN  ITS NOT JUDAISIM, PERIOD END Of STORY.

Wow that felt good I have a lot of issues with this and needed to get this of my chest.
Sorry for the rant, just ny two. Cents!!! Take it or leave it!!!
Nb
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by ybachur.

Re: bardichev's battle 14 Jun 2009 22:22 #6261

• Dov
  • Administrator
This moshol bears repeating and I have told it over many times, may Hashem help me remember when I need it! I usually tell it over to guys who express frustration w/the program and it seems they may be "working the steps" too rigidly, too slowly, or writing too much for their own good. On the other hand, it is also gives freeing relief to some guys who look at the steps as some kind of "giant mountain" they could never climb, so they give up or procrastinate (forever). The steps are not a religion, not an "Ol" and clearly cannot work at all w/that attitude! Sure, it is uncomfortable to face the truth and may be hard to finally do what needs to be done, but it is never complicated.

My sponsor told me that if I'm working the program but still unhappy, I am probably not working it right! My Higher Power should actually be doing most of the actual work! My responsibility (to myself) is to simply work the steps in order to become willing to let Him remove my kin'ah, ta'ava, and kavod that lead me to alleh mishigassim and make life miserable. On the other hand, what a privelege it is to be sober even when the chips are down and I am feeling sad for some reason!

PS. For those interested in traditional AA stuff w/this approach, you may like the six CD series (or lttle AA book based on them), "A New Pair of Glasses" by Chuck C, an AA "elder". He was about 75 years old when he gave the original weekend series. Chuck clearly and repeatedly demonstrates through sharing his experience - not lecturing - principles like: admitting what my problem really is; knowing(not just having emunah - see RMBM) that G-d really is in charge of outcomes and learning what it means to actually live that way; understanding and accepting that G-d is truly and completely on our side unconditionally and forever; not taking myself too seriously and why humility makes self-pity very difficult; making peace w/the yesod that the whole point of life is: what I give and not what I get out of it; and other stuff basic to recovery. I cannot approach these yesodos as mitzvos/obligations at all, but as derech eretz: simple, enlightened self-interest. They are not madregahs for an addict, rather, they are a recovering addict's oxygen, the bottom line minimal requirments for functioning, as he explains. Living w/them makes staying sober possible. He has no religious agenda and, in fact, clarifies a difference between religion and the steps that I find helpful. Though he (annoyingly) mentions christian verses two or three times (having been raised that way), another frum guy has told me that the religious ideas he expresses there are apparently based on Torah. I skip that stuff because it doesn't feel right anyway..boundaries are a good thing...yeah, I know some people may take issue with me about this whole suggestion, but it helped me so I'm passing it along and sincerely hope no one is offended.

PS. For me, the ikkar of Torah and mitzvos come after the steps. In asimilar way, my wife has told me that she considers the day I got sober the best day in our lives, much better than our chasunah day, and the new start of our marriage. I myself, changed my name from a choser to a moleh spelling since starting to recover b'Eezras Hashem. Yes, a yid must try to be moser nefesh to do the Torah and mitzvos while he is still very, very ill. But once we are no longer regularly and naturally doing things that endanger his life, are chayav misah bidei shamayim, Kareis, are just plain nuts, etc., it seems to me that our responsibility - rather, ability - to keep the mitzvos is elevated because we are more awake. We probably never fully awaken, except for tzaddikim...
Similar to the RMB'Ns shittah regarding mitzvos in Chutz La'aretz. They of course apply there and are precious (and in some specific respects may be the most precious), but the ikkar kiyum of mitzvos is in Eretz Yisrael, he holds.
May Hashem help us care more about doing His will than ours and accept living His will with a whole heart!

PPS. BTW, Yes, Yiddishkeit Is an "Ol", yoke. But remember, Hashem healed all of us completely before he gave us the Torah. He then put the mountain over us to send the message that it is an "Ol" that needs to be accepted. It was important that we were no longer "sick" at the time of taking on such a responsibility.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: 14 Jun 2009 22:34 by ICanDoIt.

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Jun 2009 14:12 #6277

• bardichev
hey dov
I thought debating was soooo last week

bardichev

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Jun 2009 16:11 #6292

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Reb Dov,
Is That your Chidush about Hashem Healing us before he gave us the Torah?

Because I think its a Gevaldiger & True Vort.

E.L.
Last Edit: by kickinit81.

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Jun 2009 16:15 #6293

• Dov
  • Administrator
Sorry friend! But wait loosee, I can esplain: I started with the simcha inyan and got wrapped up in the religious business! Hey - I'm old, give me a break! Anyway, have a great week to all!!

Dear Efshar - Maybe.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by abraham6944.

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Jun 2009 16:19 #6294

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Dov, thanks for the great post, as usual! Can you post a link to this great 6 CD series? I want to share it with everyone...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by aawic613.

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Jun 2009 19:38 #6309

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Heiliger bardichever,

"Debating" is healthy as long as the "Farari" Got some Breaks on them! lol
Last Edit: by Daniel111.

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Jun 2009 19:40 #6310

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
also we have to seriously discuss the "Simcheh" Page I was talking about last week.
Last Edit: by anonymous7777.

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Jun 2009 22:19 #6326

• Dov
  • Administrator
don't be so serious about simcha! (sorry)
Last Edit: by Therealme.
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes