Welcome, Guest

Shlomo's Shlep to 90
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 18207 Views

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 12 Jan 2010 22:45 #45042

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
IT25 you just took the words right out of my... keyboard??
Last Edit: by .

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 12 Jan 2010 22:59 #45065

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
thanks for the help imtrying25, i just sent the email and the password should be safe soon enough.

anyone have tips on hisbodedus or time management?

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 12 Jan 2010 23:08 #45074

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo wrote on 12 Jan 2010 22:59:

thanks for the help imtrying25, i just sent the email and the password should be safe soon enough.

anyone have tips on hisbodedus or time management?
No prob my bud. hatzlacha.
Yiddle2 wrote on 12 Jan 2010 22:45:

IT25 you just took the words right out of my... keyboard??

yeah i seem to do that from time time you knwo. My fingers in my old age . cant seem to control them. Hmmmmmm

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 12 Jan 2010 23:12 #45079

• humanbeing
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Re:Time Management - There are constant courses on this theme given in every major city try Googling - Time management Course...Plus Time management Tips...Some people by nature are very kind and lovable just naturally not very good at Time management...With that said we can always improve on our nature...Continue you brave young man...You will be succesful

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 12 Jan 2010 23:14 #45080

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
there is a way to set the amount of time you can spend on the internet on K9. Its one of the settings. If you have any interest in this i can look it up and tell you how to do it.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 12 Jan 2010 23:15 #45082

• BecomeHoly
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Gold Boarder
Shlomo, Welcome :-)

What I've noticed, with myself, and with others on here... as soon as we decide to fight the Yetzer Hara, he suddenly goes into high level battle mode. Just like you will have withdrawal, the YH will also. HE DOES NOT WANT TO LOSE YOU! So guess what, he's stepping up his game. You will take a step to fight, and he'll take a BIGGER step! Every success of yours will be matched with a greater challenge of the Y"H. There WILL be a certain point where it won't be so bad.... but just like any withdrawal symptoms, they're the WORST in the beginning. What is happening is that you're a "newbie" soldier. The Y"H knows that and is trying to get you to give up. But once you pass the beginning, and become a soldier with experience, the YH will not seem so threatening... He will just be another soldier in the battle of life. But don't let your lack of experience fighting stop you from trying. Its important to just get past these few weeks and then it won't feel like "yea... but I fell this time because life was SO much harder this time than usual...."

We're here with you to help keep things in perspective. My rav once told me... there's nothing wrong w/ going to a movie.... just make sure you buy a seat for GOD. If you wouldn't want God sitting next to you when that pritzus comes on the screen... then maybe you shouldn't be watching the movie. When you're about to fall, make sure we all here at GUE get a seat next to you. Don't forget to tell us that we're expected to occupy that seat. Then maybe we can help you put into perspective for yourself whether we want to be sitting there in the first place... Because realistically, neither of us wants to be there... just sometimes we don't even realize what's happening.... so just make sure to remember... save us a seat!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 12 Jan 2010 23:45 #45092

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
First of all, wow!

You've been doing some incredible stuff - welcome to the forum!

As far as time management, there are two issues - one is planning things to keep busy, another is having things to do when you want some relaxed, chilled out time. You might want to make sure that you have a few books to read, or games to play, or music to listen to...or you can write poetry, or stories, or play an instrument (do you play any musical instruments?)...

The thing to focus on is continuing to grow - and you're certainly doing that, by seriously and honestly looking at your situation and figuring out how to grow - giving away the apssword to your filter is just one example.

Keep it up!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 15 Jan 2010 02:03 #45872

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
I just want to once again say thanks to everyone for the amazing help and support. These past couple days have been tough and you all have helped me immensely.

i found a great way to keep myself busy:  a new ipod touch. i just downloaded an app with the entire tanach (hebrew and english) and i also use the ipod to study tanya. and it also has my (kosher) videos and music so hopefully it will serve as a tool to further my yiddishkeit both when struggling with my Y"H and also when i study.

once again, i can only say boruch hashem that i found GUE and that everyone has been so helpful. 

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 15 Jan 2010 14:41 #45997

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to have you here!

And I'm glad that you've been actively looking for ways to move forward, not just avoiding the bad, but moving towards living and goodness!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 18 Jan 2010 20:27 #46703

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
i was hoping to never have to do this again, but i fell. again. i'm just ashamed and embarrassed. i can go 3 or 4 days, fall but then i feel like i'm back to square one. i've been working on areas that have been troublesome in the past (i.e. laws of the bathroom, internet use as a whole) but he keeps getting me in those areas or with the things that i leave alone and dont improve upon.

if i keep up these battle techniques and add on new ones, i know its just a matter of time before i can make it to 90 days and beyond, but first i gotta make it through these first weeks.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 18 Jan 2010 20:43 #46707

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo,

Stay on the forum on a daily basis. You seem to only come back here when you fall. Why not come back here when you succeed?

-Yiddle

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 18 Jan 2010 20:56 #46710

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
i actually do check the forum daily, often multiple times a day. i'm just not a very big poster  :-\.  my profile says i've spent 6.5 hrs on the forum. i guess that doesnt reflect the 7 posts i've had.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 18 Jan 2010 20:57 #46712

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
So why not post more?? People tend to post the good stuff not only the bad stuff... It really helps, well it has really helped me atleast!

-Yiddle

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 18 Jan 2010 21:03 #46715

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ooooohh too bad. Really sorry to hear about your last few days.
I think you should get an accountability partner or something. Even those of us much older than you would fall if we didn't have something protecting us, something reminding us of what we really want, and someone we know we'd have to answer to.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 18 Jan 2010 23:08 #46758

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
First of all, we say Fell, Shmell - because right now, your purpose is not to feel bad and guilty - it's to get up, and keep moving.

I'm gonna agree with Yiddle here - post more. One of the big things with this issue is that it's a big, private secret, like a monster in the closet, and holding that secret close and private eats away at us. Drag it into the light, and it becomes easier. Plus, you have a way to reach out and connect with lots of people who care about you, and want to help you.

It also helps when you have the opportunity to help others and give them chizuk!

It might help if you talk out the issues, figure out when and how the yetzer hora tries to get you...discuss ideas for avoiding it.

Have you read the handbooks yet?

Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes