Welcome, Guest

I bet you didn't even know what YOU did today!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I bet you didn't even know what YOU did today! 63 Views

I bet you didn't even know what YOU did today! 10 Jul 2024 23:47 #416843

So listen up!
Today is day #12 for me.
My plan was to go drive an hour n a half away to a trade show with my wife.
Circumstances changed and I had to go by myself.
I thought to myself even though in the past when I'm away I stop at a strip club this time I said to myself  'it will be different'.

However the show ended early, I had plenty of time on my hands
and I'm familiar with the area,
I am tempted, even drive by the place but I quickly realized - 
How am I going to explain this to "the guys". 
"Makes no sense - either you are serious about this or not - at least make the effort to put up a fight"

I drove right past, came home to a nice supper and the satisfactory completion of Day #12

To those of you who responded to prior posts and those that just read them..YOU all make a difference.
Knowing that you are there, actually concerned and struggling yourself - I felt a sense of obligation to the group.

Thank you.
It takes a village to raise a child!
Thank you for being this 68 year old childs village!

Re: I bet you didn't even know what YOU did today! 11 Jul 2024 00:19 #416845

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
baalteshuvawannabee wrote on 10 Jul 2024 23:47:
So listen up!
Today is day #12 for me.
My plan was to go drive an hour n a half away to a trade show with my wife.
Circumstances changed and I had to go by myself.
I thought to myself even though in the past when I'm away I stop at a strip club this time I said to myself  'it will be different'.

However the show ended early, I had plenty of time on my hands
and I'm familiar with the area,
I am tempted, even drive by the place but I quickly realized - 
How am I going to explain this to "the guys". 
"Makes no sense - either you are serious about this or not - at least make the effort to put up a fight"

I drove right past, came home to a nice supper and the satisfactory completion of Day #12

To those of you who responded to prior posts and those that just read them..YOU all make a difference.
Knowing that you are there, actually concerned and struggling yourself - I felt a sense of obligation to the group.

Thank you.
It takes a village to raise a child!
Thank you for being this 68 year old childs village!

WOWOWOW ! The  decision to change  is so freeing!! You are a HERO!!! 
KOT!!
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: I bet you didn't even know what YOU did today! 11 Jul 2024 00:26 #416846

• horizon
  • Gold Boarder
ahhh, the geshmak of being strong and doing what's right...
i'm sure tonight's was a real sweet dinner

טאטע טאטע טאטע איך וויל זיין, יא איך וויל זיין, א ירא שמים

my forum

Re: I bet you didn't even know what YOU did today! 11 Jul 2024 00:27 #416847

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
Amazing! 
What a victory!

Maybe, just maybe, with the exhilaration of success still abound...yake the leap and reach out to some of the special people here!
I'm telling you, you will not regret it!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
(I hope I'm not being too pushy...)

Re: I bet you didn't even know what YOU did today! 14 Jul 2024 11:36 #417058

Good Sunday morning 
So I have 2 threads, the first one is on the introduce yourself forum and this is my second 
I continue to experience success and a new perspective on my journey to sobriety from P&M
I'm a regular guy that went to yeshiva, Bais medrash and kollel, married with 7 kids and plenty of grandchildren, a fine upstanding and involved member of my Bais Medrash where I Daven.
No one knows of my double life except the GYE community and the one therapist who I've shared my struggle with.
As I've said before even with personal growth I was lacking a certain maturity to actualize my knowledge into action. I was missing the support and connectivity that I get from this community.
Some of you have reached out to me by private messaging and I appreciate it and have responded to you.
I still value my anoniminity so I'm a little uncomfortable with phone calls even through Google voice numbers but I'm sure that will also pass.
Each and every one of you, no matter where you are on your journey serve a purpose in the overall picture of Yidden in the battle of this terrible Yetzer Harah.
On a personal level you all help me know and feel that is real, it can happen and that if and when the time comes when I feel weak, alone, disconnected I can reach for my phone or computer and instead of connecting to my lowest part, the lowest version of myself..... I can reach out and connect to you or you or you and tap into resources and friends who will help me connect to the best higher version of myself.
Thanks so much for being there and fighting the good fight, leading the way and making it easier for me .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes