Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting Again 103 Views

Starting Again 07 Apr 2024 06:14 #411357

• pureheart
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • Fresh Boarder
After a very long time of basically giving up on trying to make a change, I am making a conscious decision to get back on track. I am also trying to improve alot of other areas in life right now (schedule, eating, exercise). I am hoping that by creating a successful environment for myself, I will have less reason to find myself looking to "escape". I am still nervous b/c most of my day is computer-based and falling is just one click away.

Re: Starting Again 07 Apr 2024 12:07 #411361

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
pureheart wrote on 07 Apr 2024 06:14:
After a very long time of basically giving up on trying to make a change, I am making a conscious decision to get back on track. I am also trying to improve alot of other areas in life right now (schedule, eating, exercise). I am hoping that by creating a successful environment for myself, I will have less reason to find myself looking to "escape". I am still nervous b/c most of my day is computer-based and falling is just one click away.

Great decision to get back on track, we hope it will be with huge success!
What is your plan on dealing with the fact that most of your day is computer-based and falling is just one click away?
Do you use accountability software like www.webchaver.com/ ?
Do you have someone to reach out to when you have a tough moment? 
As they say "failing to plan is planning to fail..." 

We hope to hear great updates from you!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 07 Apr 2024 12:08 by davidt.

Re: Starting Again 08 Apr 2024 06:37 #411410

• pureheart
  • Fresh Boarder
It's a real question. I have always found a way of finding alternatives but that doesn't mean to give up. 
The real issue is that as of right now, I am not sure the new charge on the credit card is one that I can hide. I think my wife is not open for that conversation. I think it will do more damage than anything else to say right now that there is a struggle. It might be taking the easy way out to not confront the topic but thats the case right now. 

Re: Starting Again 08 Apr 2024 11:32 #411413

• shmuel
  • Current streak: 578 days
  • Platinum Boarder
pureheart wrote on 08 Apr 2024 06:37:
It's a real question. I have always found a way of finding alternatives but that doesn't mean to give up. 
The real issue is that as of right now, I am not sure the new charge on the credit card is one that I can hide. I think my wife is not open for that conversation. I think it will do more damage than anything else to say right now that there is a struggle. It might be taking the easy way out to not confront the topic but thats the case right now. 

No need to make it about a struggle. It's the right thing to do regardless of struggles.

Re: Starting Again 08 Apr 2024 17:14 #411433

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome! Ah, what a beautiful name, Pureheart! Great ideas you have there
In Yiddish there's a saying "oifen ganav brent de hittel", which basically means that we think everyone realizes why or what we are doing. Like Shmuel said, having a filter is basic common sense, even for those that don't struggle. There's no need to 'have that conversation' about a filter. You can just say that you were inspired, want to be a good example, etc. If you have a family then you MUST put a good filter, whether you struggle or not. Just keep calm and confident and tell her you feel this is a good thing to do, a zechus for someone, etc.
And, keep on trucking!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Starting Again 10 Apr 2024 06:47 #411530

• pureheart
  • Fresh Boarder
This all definitely makes sense. Thank you for the push to make it happen. I am going to see how I can approach it in a healthy way. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes