Welcome, Guest

Help613 Starts out
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help613 Starts out 2279 Views

Help613 Starts out 30 Dec 2009 17:08 #40117

• help613
Hi

I just signed up to this site and have no idea what is going on or how it works. The few post i did read through seem to me that all ppl
using this site are married couples. I am a 24 year old yeshiva bochur struggling tremendously over all kinds really bad aveyros...
Throughout the past few years i have done stuff which are so bad i feel hardly any1 would do them. the main problem is if you see me i look
like a real yeshivish guy who has no such prob. and thats y no1 approaches me and tries to help me out of this massive prob.

Dose any1 have any good advise ??? thanks so much in advance
Last Edit: 07 Apr 2010 17:06 by .

Help613 Starts out 30 Dec 2009 17:11 #40119

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
help613,

WELCOME!!
you have come to the right place.
first, maybe start your own thread.
when you enter the wall of honor board, click on start new topic and tell us about yourself and we'll be there for you!
also, there are handbooks with a lot of good info.
im sure youll see the links shortly...
Last Edit: by radiantunicorn60.

Help613 Starts out 30 Dec 2009 17:46 #40133

• Dov
  • Administrator
Hi Help613!
How about we get together sometime and share battle scars? We'll have a little competition. I bet mine are far worse than yours, you bet that yours are...etc....
Participating in GYE may be a giant step you can take to finally take good care of yourself. It's nice to know you care about yourself enough to actually do something!! That didn't come easy for me, at all. In fact, the person I tried hardest to keep away from was myself!  And it seemed clear to me that I had best keep others away from the truth about me, too! More secrets!
My frum persona, like yours, hid a mountain of secret sick behavior, and hid a mind that was totally preoccupied. I was either planning my next adventure or worrying like crazy about when I'd screw up next.
It was miserable.
If I had any advice to you it would be to:
1- Stick with it. The beis hamikdash wasn't built in a day (or a month, or even 90 days).
2- We tend to whine (me too), cuz it hurts - that does us no good. Sympathy feels nice but could just be encouragement to make no changes. Staying the same is clearly not why you have come here. Just share the facts about yourself and you'll get better.
3- Consider being consciously grateful to Hashem for 1 minute sometimes, right before shacharis, mincha and/or ma'ariv for giving you this website and for all the opportunities you will have for freedom from future pain as you get better.

You are far from alone. Real far.
Hatzlocha Rabba!
- Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by empoweredzebra81.

Help613 Starts out 30 Dec 2009 18:05 #40140

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
help613 wrote on 30 Dec 2009 17:08:

Hi

I just signed up to this site and have no idea what is going on or how it works. The few post i did read through seem to me that all ppl
using this site are married couples. I am a 19 year old yeshiva bochur struggling tremendously over all kinds really bad aveyros...
Throughout the past few years i have done stuff which are so bad i feel hardly any1 would do them. the main problem is if you see me i look
like a real yeshivish guy who has no such prob. and thats y no1 approaches me and tries to help me out of this massive prob.

Well youve definitly come to the right place!! Welcome aboard. No we have bochurim here too. ut many of us are suffering for awhile many through are teenage years. So hang around. Youll get lots of chizuk. youll also get tips on how to help yourself with your problem. Hatzlacha. And know we are all here for you.
Last Edit: by jubilantkoala56.

Help613 Starts out 30 Dec 2009 18:12 #40146

• habib613
Last Edit: by Simpsonsam.

Help613 Starts out 30 Dec 2009 18:15 #40149

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Habib. Was actually in middle of posting there.
Last Edit: by holinessiskey.

Help613 Starts out 30 Dec 2009 18:17 #40150

• habib613
yeah... now i see!
sorry!
Last Edit: by bbb111.

Help613 Starts out 30 Dec 2009 18:56 #40178

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
help613 wrote on 30 Dec 2009 17:08:

Hi

using this site are married couples. I am a 19 year old yeshiva bochur struggling tremendously over all kinds really bad aveyros...

Dear Help,

Please go to the thread you started for a whole string of royal welcomes!

rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=1453.0
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by DeletedUser12817.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes