Welcome, Guest

Shmilu's renewed quest for purity
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 8150 Views

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 18 Jan 2010 18:45 #46670

• SoHard,YetSoRewarding
Alright, WWNBF. To each his own...
Last Edit: by .

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 18 Jan 2010 18:49 #46672

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm having a similar issue this week, some friends are taking me to a basketball game, they have awesome seats... but of course that opens you up to awesome shmutz views. What I do, is whenever the zonahs come parading out, I specifically start playing games on my phone. I may look crazy, but this way I know and the people around me know that I'm not an address for this kind of garbage....

It will still be hard... but at least that minimizes the nisayon....

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 18 Jan 2010 19:15 #46683

• SoHard,YetSoRewarding
Good pointer, HabaLetaher!

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 18 Jan 2010 20:02 #46696

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 18 Jan 2010 18:49:

I'm having a similar issue this week, some friends are taking me to a basketball game, they have awesome seats... but of course that opens you up to awesome shmutz views. What I do, is whenever the zonahs come parading out, I specifically start playing games on my phone. I may look crazy, but this way I know and the people around me know that I'm not an address for this kind of garbage....

It will still be hard... but at least that minimizes the nisayon....
Why don't you go for the gold. While your playing with your fone you can do hisboididus. Start taliking to H-shem, tell him how much you love him, and that it doesn't matter what kind of nesayon is placed before you, or what kind of memories flash through your mind, you will still be mekayem His mitzvos.
Who knows. Maybe in your zechus, another yid out there in Madison Square Garden will chap a hisorirus due to your being a tzaddik.

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 18 Jan 2010 21:09 #46718

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
I hear you KG, but I'm not so sure how well the hisbodidus things will work, sometimes when you shoot for too much you get nothing... I'm gonna just focus on getting that lil ball to hit the bricks and not land on the floor, but I'll give it a shot....

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 19 Jan 2010 01:39 #46796

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shmilu, welcome back!

Hope to hear from you as you move forward and upwards...I'm sure you already know how healing this forum can be, and how much support you can get - so let's do this! one day at a time...

Haba - when people know that you do that, it might seem weird, but very often they'll eventually start to respect you more.

And after all, we do need to have priorities in life, and smashing all those bricks is clearly close to the top!

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 19 Jan 2010 05:26 #46825

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, it is totally weird. I once was somewhere with my wife, and there was this super prust show going on with Half-nekkid chicks dancing azoy-vi a sheigitz (unfortunately today that could mean that I was visiting a public schools 3rd grade dance recital...) and I was literally facing the other way in a crowd over 1,000 ppl facing toward the prustness. People must have thought I was gay, I was crazy, who knows what... but inside I was roarring the whole way through!!!

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 19 Jan 2010 15:09 #46922

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
That's awesome!

I hope I have the strength to learn from you!

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 21 Jan 2010 12:21 #47433

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 19 Jan 2010 05:26:

Yes, it is totally weird. I once was somewhere with my wife, and there was this super prust show going on with Half-nekkid chicks dancing azoy-vi a sheigitz (unfortunately today that could mean that I was visiting a public schools 3rd grade dance recital...) and I was literally facing the other way in a crowd over 1,000 ppl facing toward the prustness. People must have thought I was gay, I was crazy, who knows what... but inside I was roarring the whole way through!!!
Now that is awesome. Now you also gave your identity away. your that shmu** that was blocking my view of all the goodies?? Huh??

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 21 Jan 2010 16:49 #47512

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
:D :D :D :D

You'll thank him later!

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 21 Jan 2010 19:34 #47561

• SoHard,YetSoRewarding
Day 3:
Okay with the eyes but struggling with the thoughts.

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 21 Jan 2010 19:40 #47563

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Step by step. Anything which you are able to accomplish in a day will be more likely to be lost in a day.

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 21 Jan 2010 20:27 #47578

• bardichev
FUGGED THE THOUGHT

TRUCK AWAY WITH THE EYES

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 22 Jan 2010 00:55 #47677

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Celebrate your victory with the eyes! Hopefully, the thoughts will follow, but either way - eyes is step 1.

Rock on!

Re: Shmilu's renewed quest for purity 30 Jan 2010 22:14 #49698

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shmilu?? You there?? Hello??

A gutte voch!
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes