Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Basket Bread 209 Views

Basket Bread 03 Mar 2023 20:08 #392945

• vertigo1978
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Fresh Boarder
This is my first post and I hope it will be a catalyst for my growth.

I never really had bread in my basket due to numerous reasons.

The YH comes to me and he explains that the stale bread Hashem put in my basket will never make me happy. I happen to agree with him on this, and this is where my issue lies.

​However, what I am missing from he big picture is the fact that my bread is more than enough and it is the freshest bread one can ever ask for. It only feels stale now because I have not fully committed to only eat from the bread in my basket.

The analogy applies to trust in Hashem as well. If we rely on others in addition to Hashem then we are essentially not fully committed and our relationship with Hashem has holes in it as well. But if we are "all in" then Hashem is "all in" and He supports us because He knows that we know we have no other support.

Same with out bread, if we trust in Him that he will always provide exactly what we need, and we are all in with our trust, then we will merit the most precious bread imaginable.

On a personal level I need t internalize this and be "all in" and only then will the sea split!

Re: Basket Bread 03 Mar 2023 20:16 #392947

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the family! Nice post, my friend. Honesty calls out from all corners of your post. Stick around, and let us know how you are. We are all brothers here, we want to hear from you, so keep posting and KEEP TRUCKING!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Basket Bread 26 Mar 2023 19:09 #393920

• excellence
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome vertigo1978, 

Welcome to the best family ever!! Mind me asking is "bread in the basket" referring to ur wife? If yes maybe open a thread in BB forum. Also lot's of great threads to learn from there..

Re: Basket Bread 27 Mar 2023 15:58 #393974

• vertigo1978
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your response.

​Yes that is what it si referring to.

What is the BB forum?

Re: Basket Bread 27 Mar 2023 16:13 #393976

• monseyyid41
  • Current streak: 95 days
  • Expert Boarder
First of all, welcome. You can find many people here that relate to your struggle. To answer your question, on the forum homepage there is a section called Baalei Batim's forum, for married men only. Excellence was suggesting posting there as it seems like your struggle has to do with not having enough fulfillment at home. You can be more open there and get some guidance and advice from those of us that are married. 
Just as a general response to your initial post, I think you said it best that sometimes one only begins to appreciate the taste of his own bread when he stops looking for fresher bread elsewhere. The marriage obituaries are full of people who thought they could do better somewhere else, only to discover (too late) that what they had was actually more than enough. I wish you all the best and keep posting and sharing. We are here for you. 
My thread: Forum (guardyoureyes.com)
We are not all in the same boat, but we are all in the same lake. And when one boat is in trouble, the other boats in the lake can quickly come to his aid. Feel free to reach out to me to give some chizuk or to receive some. monseyyid41@gmail.com

Re: Basket Bread 27 Mar 2023 16:18 #393977

• vertigo1978
  • Fresh Boarder
Greatly appreciated!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes