Welcome, Guest

Brain fog and how to focus when withdrawing
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brain fog and how to focus when withdrawing 237 Views

Brain fog and how to focus when withdrawing 23 Oct 2022 17:23 #386664

B"H I'm about 3 days into consistently avoiding looking at women in real life or in photos / the internet (this is how I've interpreted the best way to get started guarding my eyes). I'm having waves of desire coming and going (similar to fasting). This is not actually an unpleasant feeling but I quite enjoy it and consider it a blessing from Hashem. One issue is I'm not sure how to be productive or focus on my work while this is going on. What is some advice? Should I just expect to be experiencing withdrawal pangs for the next 30 days? It's hard for me to think so this post might not be the clearest

Re: Brain fog and how to focus when withdrawing 25 Oct 2022 04:42 #386753

B"H no more brain fog for now, increased focus esp for Torah study

Re: Brain fog and how to focus when withdrawing 28 Nov 2022 16:57 #388429

• chancy
  • Current streak: 822 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi,
just saw this thread and i want to comment. i hope someone will check this.....
I have been having issues with brain fog for a long time and it started when i stopped looking and indulging in shmutz. 
I have no been able to get out of it. and its killing me! The only thing my mind wants to focus in on sex. The only time i feel clear is when i see something that i desire, then my hyperfocus kicks in. and of course i dont give in., but this is causing me lots of pain. 
Im guessing that it has to do with some form of ADHD. But i would like to hear if anyone else has any insight for me?

Re: Brain fog and how to focus when withdrawing 28 Nov 2022 17:05 #388430

Hi,

Try to redirect and focus your thoughts onto something else. Get involved in something that will occupy your mind.
Hope this helps
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes