Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: A Massive fail 3609 Views

Re: A Massive fail 20 Oct 2022 13:30 #386584

• teshuvahguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I’m confused, Hopeful2022. In this post you say you will be alone with a phone and computer. In your recent previous post you said you were getting rid of the problematic cellphone. What happened with that? For me the computer is not a problem. I won’t use it because my wife does as well and I’m afraid I will leave some sign there of what I was doing. My sole problem is the cellphone. If you didn’t get rid of your smartphone, then what happened? No judgement, just curious because I cannot seem to bring myself to give up my iPhone. I have 1000 excuses why I need it. 

Re: A Massive fail 20 Oct 2022 15:53 #386587

• kavey
  • Expert Boarder
guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/381609-Kaveys-Journey?limit=15&start=30#383515

Here are some short posts from my trip a few months ago. HHM was instrumental and I recommend reaching out to him.

A trip is an opportunity to take the advances you've been making to the next level. Seize the moment. You won't regret it.

Re: A Massive fail 21 Oct 2022 10:19 #386604

• NewAgain
  • Senior Boarder
I have ordered the Fig Phone, and it should be arriving any day now. I have kept my iPhone for my trip to Israel next week. I convinced myself that I "needed" it for the trip. Having my plane tickets, the Gett app, What's App, and Google maps, Hotel reservations etc... Traveling across the world, I don't feel comfortable without my iPhone. That may just be my Yetzer Hara talking, but that is how I am feeling at the moment.

When I get back, I hope to be able to dump the phone.

Re: A Massive fail 21 Oct 2022 10:26 #386605

• NewAgain
  • Senior Boarder
I don't know if that is possible, even if I did, but I don't have anyone I trust to know my problem.

Re: A Massive fail 21 Oct 2022 10:32 #386606

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hopeful2022 wrote on 21 Oct 2022 10:26:
I don't know if that is possible, even if I did, but I don't have anyone I trust to know my problem.

So block caller id and call someone up to help you make a safety plan for your trip. Guys do it all the time BH successfully. 
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: A Massive fail 21 Oct 2022 10:35 #386607

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
Hopeful2022 wrote on 20 Oct 2022 08:35:
Heading to Eretz Israel next Sunday. It has been about 3 years since my last visit. I am going alone, without my wife and as anyone who has read my posts know, when I am away from her is when I get into trouble. I am trying to come up with a strategy for my trip. I will be alone in hotel rooms with an unfiltered cellphone and computer. 

Do I just give up and admit that the two weeks I am away are going to be filled with smut and filth? That is such a disgrace to the land that I love so much. Or will HaShem give me the strength to stay clean while I am away? 

If that is what you are convinced will happen in Eretz Yisroel, maybe just don't go.....

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: A Massive fail 21 Oct 2022 10:36 #386608

• NewAgain
  • Senior Boarder
I went to that link and check out his recommendations, and I think a lot of them might help. I have a full schedule each day, and I am hoping by the end of each day, I will be so tired that I will just pass out in the room. A big reason for this trip is to reinvigorate and inspire me to live a higher and cleaner life. When I came back from Israel my last time, I came back a different person, and I am hoping for the same this time.

​Living in a non-observant area, it is extra tough to stay clean, not just from P+M but from the temptation of non-kosher food, honoring Shabbat, and many other issues. I am the "Religious" one in my extended family, and I take that responsibility seriously. I want to set an example for them to hopefully improve the quality of their own lives. Maybe I should stop worrying about them and just concentrate on me.

Thanks for the link!!

Re: A Massive fail 21 Oct 2022 10:40 #386609

• NewAgain
  • Senior Boarder
I wouldn't say "convinced". It is more that I am fearful that may happen. My track record alone in a hotel room isn't good.. but maybe this is the challenge HaShem is putting me into. If I come back clean from the trip, That would be the greatest motivation ever to remain clean.

Re: A Massive fail 21 Oct 2022 10:45 #386610

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
So make a serious plan for the airport, the airplane, the hotel room, and all other challenging areas. Make a plan about being connected to your home on a regular basis, and the list goes on.   Call a chaver from here to be accountable to. If necessary, block caller id... Look at your PM (private messages on the site)

Re: A Massive fail 21 Oct 2022 10:46 #386611

• NewAgain
  • Senior Boarder
One of my friends that I am visiting, I may be able to tell him of my struggles. We talk on Zoom every few days, but being physically with him might be an opportunity to tell him about it. He has told me about the struggles that he faces when he comes to America for business. We never discussed P+M, just about all the filth that is around here. He lives in a religious settlement in Judea and he tells me how easy it is when he is home. He will rarely travel to Tel Aviv for just that reason.

Re: A Massive fail 21 Oct 2022 11:08 #386612

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe call him before your arrival so you know you will be accountable from the start of your trip.

Re: A Massive fail 21 Oct 2022 13:49 #386616

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
wish you well; wish i'd have something positive or productive to say; i was never successful with this, perhaps because no proper plan was made - too haughty, keep us posted please, you may inspire the road warriors.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: A Massive fail 27 Oct 2022 13:18 #386830

• kavey
  • Expert Boarder
How's it going in the Holy Land? What did you end up doing?

Re: A Massive fail 27 Oct 2022 15:47 #386837

• NewAgain
  • Senior Boarder
I am not leaving until after Shabbat on Sunday night. My Fig Phone arrived and is coming with me. I am looking forward to 10 spiritual, uplifting, and clean fun days and nights.

Re: A Massive fail 27 Oct 2022 15:54 #386839

• kavey
  • Expert Boarder
Nice! 
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes