Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Start Anew 179 Views

Start Anew 22 Jul 2022 04:49 #383704

• chasid613
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I did it, I fell. My entire being felt numb and sad, until I realized the words of the holy Rebbe, Rebbe Nachman of Breselv. "There is no such thing as despair." At the end of the day, hasHem is recreating the world every single second of the day. It's never to late to have a "Rosh Hashana" moment of sorts. I got up a week ago and started doin tikkun haklali and started reading the Garden of Purity again. If you believe you can break, you best believe you can fix. I've started doing more hisbodedus and it's been working for a couple of weeks. I've also taken the eitzos in Sichos Haran of not being able to think two thoughts at once. Thanking g-d for my thoughts and unhooking from them altogether. Does anyone have any good eitzos to share with me? Some community members have recently made fun of me for deleting my social media, but I feel as if it's helped me ten-fold. 

Re: Start Anew 22 Jul 2022 13:33 #383713

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
You might want to check out these great free resources:
ebook- The Battle of the Generation
Audio series- The Fight

See below in my signature for the links.
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Start Anew 22 Jul 2022 14:25 #383718

Kudos to you for deleting social media!
Being mocked by your peers for doing so makes it much harder, but the benefit from cutting out this cancer from your life far exceeds anything it pretends to offer.
We get only one chance at life.
This is not a rehearsal; it's the real thing.

Father, help me live sober Today.

Re: Start Anew 22 Jul 2022 14:30 #383720

• lchaim tovim
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Gold Boarder
chasid613 wrote on 22 Jul 2022 04:49:
I did it, I fell. My entire being felt numb and sad, until I realized the words of the holy Rebbe, Rebbe Nachman of Breselv. "There is no such thing as despair." At the end of the day, hasHem is recreating the world every single second of the day. It's never to late to have a "Rosh Hashana" moment of sorts. I got up a week ago and started doin tikkun haklali and started reading the Garden of Purity again. If you believe you can break, you best believe you can fix. I've started doing more hisbodedus and it's been working for a couple of weeks. I've also taken the eitzos in Sichos Haran of not being able to think two thoughts at once. Thanking g-d for my thoughts and unhooking from them altogether. Does anyone have any good eitzos to share with me? Some community members have recently made fun of me for deleting my social media, but I feel as if it's helped me ten-fold. 

Been there regarding the social media. Pay no attention as hard at it is. Deep down, alot of them know that you're right for deleting it and this just the way they quiet their conscience.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes