Welcome, Guest

I thought it was over
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I thought it was over 189 Views

I thought it was over 14 Jul 2022 23:12 #383388

• medly1234
  • Current streak: 21 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I first stated GYE after a few weeks I had a fall. I got intouch with a mentor who really helped me. I B”H made it to 127 days! Then I had a fall. Then another. I made it back to like 30 days then another fall. After that I never made it past 10 days without a fall. The worst part is I don’t feel guilty about falling anymore bc I know I can make it to 90 days again. Bc I did it already once. But I don’t seem to be able to get past this block. 

Re: I thought it was over 14 Jul 2022 23:57 #383391

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Here’s a theory
Perhaps you need to clarify for yourself the reasons you would like to stop. You need to have it very clearly in order to motivate yourself. If you keep rationalizing your falls you may have forgotten what was motivating you.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: I thought it was over 15 Jul 2022 14:06 #383411

• lchaim tovim
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Gold Boarder
 Hey,  unbelievable that you made it so far in the past but here's a question.

you wrote you don't feel guilty about falling any more because you know you can make it to 90 days again. If you didn't know you can make it to 90 days, would you then start feeling guilty all of a sudden? What does the number 90 have to do with anything?
Also, it seems like right now your stuck and can't make it to 90 so you should feel guilty but you don't because you once made it to 90.

I think you have to think about three things...

#1 do you want to stop

#2 WHY do you want to stop

#3 (assuming you answered yes to #1 and found your why) What behaviors are causing you to fall

B'hatzlocha
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes