Welcome, Guest

Damn 90 is a lot
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Damn 90 is a lot 345 Views

Damn 90 is a lot 28 Jun 2022 03:36 #382523

Hi
01 here,
Wanted to thank you for your support, and share that B”H I reached 1/3 of my goal.
Celebrating each milestone with extra Twizzlers (Peel off ones of course, not those ewy single threaded glue thingies! 

I’m still open for online chess if anyone is interested - it has helped me replace other rushes with a Kosher rush (if you haven’t yet, try 3 minute and 1 minute games. You’ll see!)

I still miss the sites and the people… some days I barely remember but other days are haaard…

But IY”H we’ll keep strong and hit 90.

And maybe then I’ll fall, but at least I will have proven to myself that I can do it. And even as of now, 1 month is huge - huger than I think I can currently comprehend.

And with that, my fellow fighters…

01000101 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110100 01110111 01101001 01111010 01111010 01101100 01100101 01110010 01110011 !
Attachments:

Re: Damn 90 is a lot 28 Jun 2022 07:38 #382534

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow, one month is awesome!!!
keep up the good work and enjoy the twizzlers!

Re: Damn 90 is a lot 28 Jun 2022 15:16 #382551

• kavey
  • Expert Boarder
Keep up the good work! Are you taking other steps other than filters and staying strong?

Re: Damn 90 is a lot 29 Jun 2022 00:26 #382577

• DeletedUser1224
  • Current streak: 399 days
  • Expert Boarder
Keep it going!! We’re all rooting for you and with hashems help you will get to 90 and beyond. 
If you are in the same situation as me, a bachur who’s fighting every day to break free, feel free to reach out to me at hopeful1245@gmail.com. I can use the chizuk from other bachrim and im sure you can use the chizuk as well. We are all in this together!
My thread on the forum

Re: Damn 90 is a lot 29 Jun 2022 02:49 #382584

Actually I didn't like the many side effects most filters have on devices, and I almost always found workarounds (I know a little too much about tech, little story coming at the end of this post), so currently I have zero filters, but B”H staying clean so far.

Story time: my brother wanted to use his Gmail on his phone and his filter was causing him issues, so he called me on WhatsApp video call and asked me if I can temporarily remove the filter, without him seeing how I do it, so he can use the Gmail, and then put it back, without him seeing how I do it.

And guess what? I (remotely) accessed his phone's screen (with his permission of course, I'm not that advanced yet!), and removed the filter in the time it takes to say "Shalom Alecha Rebbi"...

​Now, imagine I don't even need to remotely access the device I want to use...

------------------------------

As per other steps... nothing too much really. One thing that helped a ton was a therapist I am seeing telling me and acknowledging that it is SUPER hard to stay clean, and it's simply human.

​Another thing is that I know that if I get back into free stuff, I will very quickly get back into paid stuff - like I was - and then it can easily get out of hand, because besides wasting time (which messes up my schedule and therefore work hours and therefore money), it also kills my at my wallet, which is extremely destructive, as I have learned the personal and hard way...

One thing which makes it harder, is that I had finally found a much cheaper way, so it wouldn't have been as crazy, but I am sure it would only be a matter of time before they up their price, or before I am somehow not "satisfied" and end up spending more and more, again...
Last Edit: 29 Jun 2022 02:53 by DeletedUser1560.

Re: Damn 90 is a lot 29 Jun 2022 09:49 #382593

Celebrating each milestone with extra Twizzlers (Peel off ones of course, not those ewy single threaded glue thingies! 

Rookie mistake. The single threaded glue thingies are so much better
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: Damn 90 is a lot 29 Jun 2022 12:33 #382595

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
01 wrote on 29 Jun 2022 02:49:
Actually I didn't like the many side effects most filters have on devices, and I almost always found workarounds (I know a little too much about tech, little story coming at the end of this post), so currently I have zero filters, but B”H staying clean so far.

Story time: my brother wanted to use his Gmail on his phone and his filter was causing him issues, so he called me on WhatsApp video call and asked me if I can temporarily remove the filter, without him seeing how I do it, so he can use the Gmail, and then put it back, without him seeing how I do it.

And guess what? I (remotely) accessed his phone's screen (with his permission of course, I'm not that advanced yet!), and removed the filter in the time it takes to say "Shalom Alecha Rebbi"...

​Now, imagine I don't even need to remotely access the device I want to use...

------------------------------

As per other steps... nothing too much really. One thing that helped a ton was a therapist I am seeing telling me and acknowledging that it is SUPER hard to stay clean, and it's simply human.

​Another thing is that I know that if I get back into free stuff, I will very quickly get back into paid stuff - like I was - and then it can easily get out of hand, because besides wasting time (which messes up my schedule and therefore work hours and therefore money), it also kills my at my wallet, which is extremely destructive, as I have learned the personal and hard way...

One thing which makes it harder, is that I had finally found a much cheaper way, so it wouldn't have been as crazy, but I am sure it would only be a matter of time before they up their price, or before I am somehow not "satisfied" and end up spending more and more, again...

The desire to be close to hashem has to become stronger then the desire follow any forbidden temptations.  If you get to that point it may no longer be hard to stay clean. 
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Damn 90 is a lot 29 Jun 2022 16:56 #382617

• kavey
  • Expert Boarder
Hatzlacha! Rooting for you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes