Welcome, Guest

Weekly Check In
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Weekly Check In 309 Views

Weekly Check In 06 Mar 2022 03:52 #378168

March 6, 2022---Day 1
Hi all, back after a long break.
To get straight to it: the filter on my computer ("Qustodio") while very effective at blocking inappropriate sites, for some reason also blocks most of GYE. Thus, the only was I can normally access all of GYE is, ironically, through an unfiltered user or device. However, I am going to try to see if I can update this "journal" every week through other means, and hopefully keep updates of my progress.
I just had a 41 day streak, which came on the heels of a 30 day streak, and though both ended, they're still nothing to sneeze at. Time to go start a longer one, with the help of Flight to Freedom! (FWF using F2F. Has a nice ring to it.)
Gut Voch to all.
"It ain't about how hard you hit.
It's about how hard you can GET hit,
and keep moving forward,
how much you can TAKE,
and keep moving forward.
That's how winning is done!"

Re: Weekly Check In 06 Mar 2022 10:42 #378172

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
FighterWithFire wrote on 06 Mar 2022 03:52:
March 6, 2022---Day 1
Hi all, back after a long break.
To get straight to it: the filter on my computer ("Qustodio") while very effective at blocking inappropriate sites, for some reason also blocks most of GYE. Thus, the only was I can normally access all of GYE is, ironically, through an unfiltered user or device. However, I am going to try to see if I can update this "journal" every week through other means, and hopefully keep updates of my progress.
I just had a 41 day streak, which came on the heels of a 30 day streak, and though both ended, they're still nothing to sneeze at. Time to go start a longer one, with the help of Flight to Freedom! (FWF using F2F. Has a nice ring to it.)
Gut Voch to all.

Can you be more specific about what "most" is?
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: Weekly Check In 06 Mar 2022 12:02 #378174

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back. May Hashem give you hatzlocha. Speak to the GYE tech chevra - many guys have Qustodio here.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Weekly Check In 19 Apr 2022 01:21 #380028

OK, it's been a while (but for good reasons).
I felt that to keep logging in and posting on GYE (as I originally said I would) was too risky, as explained below.
There are multiple users on this computer. All of them are filtered except for one (to be used as the administrator), which my parents don't see the need to filter because as far as they know, nobody but them has access to it.
But, as you probably have guessed, I found a way to get around that (and am working on a plan to convince my parents to filter the user without revealing too much).
However, the filter used on the rest of the computer blocks GYE as well for some strange reason, so ironically, the only way I can get on GYE is...unfiltered internet. 
Therefore, I deemed it too risky to go on GYE (seeing as how I would have to get onto this user to do that, which is unfiltered), and made the decision to try and stop cold turkey.
And while I haven't gotten to 90 yet, I was clean for 44 days straight, which is nothing to sneeze at. The lust increased as the weeks passed, but if it weren't for boredom during Bein Hazmanim, I feel like I could've gone even longer.
So if I can stay clean until the end of BH"Z (which I can), and then head back to Yeshiva on a high note, I think there's a serious chance I can get to 90 before the summer BH"Z starts.
To all those struggling right now: I used to fall several times a week. And yet, here I am having fallen only twice in the past 91 days (I had a 45 day streak before this one). It's doable, no matter what your situation is.
Don't lose hope. Keep fighting. 
A Guten Moed,
FighterWithFire
"It ain't about how hard you hit.
It's about how hard you can GET hit,
and keep moving forward,
how much you can TAKE,
and keep moving forward.
That's how winning is done!"

Re: Weekly Check In 01 May 2022 08:00 #380228

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
There is a portal to access GYE if your filter blocks the main site. Contact  Menachem for details
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes