Welcome, Guest

My new 90 WAVE Goal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My new 90 WAVE Goal 239 Views

My new 90 WAVE Goal 13 Feb 2022 17:09 #377337

• polar bear
  • Expert Boarder
Hello my dear gye friends.

I'm gonna try something new today.

As I'm counting 10 days into my most recent streak, I found myself struggling today. It suddenly occurred to me that maybe I should be documenting 90 times I'm hit by a lust wave and I overcome it.

If successful, this streak will likely exceed far over 90 days since I'm not hit every single day by a lust wave.

Also, I might not succeed such a loooong streak.

But if I do, I can let you all know if I'm either lusting much less after overcoming 90 waves. Or possibly I'll find myself more capable of just letting the wave blow over as habit.

Here goes:

WAVE 1:
So right now I'm feeling... Who am I kidding, I'm not going into detail... I'm just going to share with you that there's an itch somewhere downstairs... I'll let you know by the end of today or by tomorrow morning what happened. Unless...

So I have mentioned how I approach my acting out urge the same way I do food, that both should be refrained from under certain circumstances, but are also permitted in the appropriate way. But there is a deference: You can die if you stop eating. You won't die if you don't have sex. You might feel REALLY hungry in that area, but you won't die. And the hunger will blow over on occasion.

Wish me luck!

Re: My new 90 WAVE Goal 13 Feb 2022 17:30 #377338

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
nice idea!
I once did something similar: 1000 Cumulative Clean Times Chart
guardyoureyes.com/forum/5-Announcements/346861-1000-Cumulative-Clean-Times-Chart#346861

Regarding the comparison to food...
Our sages have said: "There is a small organ in a man, if one feeds it - it is hungry, if one starves it - it is satiated"
As we learn to cut down more and more, we will find that "the less we feed it, the less we need it".

In the merit of saying "no" to yourself many times, Hashem will give you special divine assistance to ultimately find real freedom from the struggle.

The Gemara says: "Habah letaher misaayen lo - He who comes to be purified, they help him", and Chazal also say: "Biderech she'adom rotzeh leilech molichin osoh - in the way a person wants to go, they lead him". Why does the Gemara speak always in plural form: "they help him", and "they lead him"? The Maharsha explains that every effort a person makes creates an angel. And when the army of angels gets large enough, it has the power to help one overcome all the obstacles and lead him to where he wants to go!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: My new 90 WAVE Goal 13 Feb 2022 17:40 #377341

• polar bear
  • Expert Boarder
I'm wondering why gye only gives users access to a 90 day chart, why aren't there some other options for different types of strugglers?

After failing the 90 day chart a few times. I started my own chart where I need to be clean once a week. After 90 days of that, I started a new 90 days where I needed to be clean 2 days a week etc. Are there users on gye that can benefit from such a countup?
Last Edit: 13 Feb 2022 17:42 by polar bear.

Re: My new 90 WAVE Goal 13 Feb 2022 21:02 #377349

There's Life Beyond Addiction
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes