Welcome, Guest

Work in progress
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Work in progress 15654 Views

Re: Work in progress 11 Apr 2024 17:33 #411619

Thanks, good to be here. A little about myself: I am 23 single and currently dating. I am finishing college this year and work and learn in the mornings. On average slip a couple times a month but have had great streaks. Looking to be involved here which I think is crucial to stay strong

Re: Work in progress 11 Apr 2024 18:15 #411622

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
inprogress... wrote on 11 Apr 2024 17:33:
Thanks, good to be here. A little about myself: I am 23 single and currently dating. I am finishing college this year and work and learn in the mornings. On average slip a couple times a month but have had great streaks. Looking to be involved here which I think is crucial to stay strong

Welcome to GYE! (I see you've been around for some time but just started posting) 
How about starting your own thread for your journey? 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Work in progress 11 Apr 2024 18:20 #411624

Great idea, I just started it.. Chizuk were all in it together is topic

Re: Work in progress 15 Apr 2024 11:16 #411838

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Update buddy?
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Work in progress 07 May 2024 18:29 #412747

• cande
  • Platinum Boarder
VEHKAM!
we need you live on the forum,
please inspire us
your dear תלמיד, קאנדי
Last Edit: 07 May 2024 18:29 by cande.

Re: Work in progress 07 May 2024 20:46 #412760

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
cande wrote on 07 May 2024 18:29:
VEHKAM!
we need you live on the forum,
please inspire us
your dear תלמיד, קאנדי

thank you for the encouragement.  the truth is that i try to check in every day.  It has been bli ayin hara quite a busy year and i haven't had the downtime to focus on writing.  I do hope that i can get back to that one day soon.  

I still read the Battle of the Generation regularly, albeit at a slower pace than before.  i don't know how many times i have read it... i lost count.  I still wear headphones whenever i am walking in the city.  bh i feel like i am acquiring zchusim every day.... 

If i can be of help to anyone reading this please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I try to respond, but if i don't respond you can reach out again.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Work in progress 29 May 2024 19:31 #414353

• vehkam
  • Platinum Boarder

I alluded to the following letter in my posts two years ago. I did not post it on GYE at the time because at the time it was too personal.  I am posting it now in case it is beneficial to someone else out there.   I worked hard on this letter together with my therapist to make sure that it did not leave any room for doubt that the relationship was over.  She did respond to my letter to ask if this is goodbye for good and  I responded to her kindly but firmly that it was over forever.  

This is going to be a difficult text for me to write.

The past six months have been transformative for me.  When I started this process I was no longer sure who I really was and who I wanted to be. I had compartmentalized my two worlds for so long and had no vision of what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.

I decided to take a break from all the counterproductive activities and the fantasies that I had thrown myself into. I did not really believe I would be successful.  Some people believed in me. You were one of them. Your support was so important for me.  Since I have known you, you have always been kind and looking out for me.  Especially over these last few years you have helped me recognize more of my strengths then I knew I had. 

For the past few decades,The hypocrisy of the life I was living (for whatever reason) caused me to put up inner walls and suppress any true connection to the passion that I really have for the religious tenets and values that were passed down to me by my parents and their parents and grandparents before them.  Over the past six months I have been able to reconnect to the ideals of my youth.  I genuinely had thought that side of me was gone forever. 

It is hard to describe the freedom and inner peace that I now have.   I no longer have secrets.  I no longer have to guard my phone lest one of my kids notice an errant text or picture that I forgot to delete.  I don’t have to lie about where I am going or who I am meeting.  I can be truthful to myself and to the people around me.  I am happier and emotionally healthier then I’ve ever been.

Over the past six months I have slowly deleted every contact and password to anyone and anything that has to do with the secret life that I lived for 35 years.  Occasionally I will get a random text from someone and I respond to let them know I am no longer in that world and I wish them well.  Those texts are now few and far in between. 

I hope you understand that I say all this with absolutely no judgment of anyone but myself.  I believe that good people can be found in all places within all type of lifestyles. 

Here is the hard part and I imagine this may be painful for you as well.  The lifestyle that I am dedicated to cannot be reconciled with an emotional attachment to a woman other than my wife (hopefully I will have one, one day!).  Yours is The only contact I have left from my secret world . I did not delete you. You were not a fantasy.  You were a true friend.  I spent time with my therapist discussing and preparing.  I will miss you but now is  the right time for me to say goodbye. I will never forget what you have done for me.   I wish you  the most success and happiness possible.  I pray that you will see this letter to be genuine from my heart and that you will wish me the same.

This is as bittersweet as it gets

My name

vehkam7@gmail.com

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Work in progress 29 May 2024 22:03 #414357

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Crying. 

הורית דרך תשובה לנו
וקווי ה יחליפו כח ואתה עולה כנשר למעלה עד שמי מרום,  
גבור ורב להושיע 
נא ישפות לך חיים חן וחסד וכנהר שלום 
כנפשך הטוב

ונא, אל תעזוב אותנו ותהי לנו לעינים …

מאן דבעי חיים ברחמים

Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com
Last Edit: 29 May 2024 22:04 by chaimoigen.

Re: Work in progress 30 May 2024 01:00 #414363

vehkam wrote on 29 May 2024 19:31:

I alluded to the following letter in my posts two years ago...

Thank you for sharing that, vehkam. Your story continues to inspire me. That was a beautiful letter. I know you aren't looking for feedback about it especially because this is from two years ago, but it really touched me how you showed your friend such sensitivity and held up who she is as a person and what she meant to you and at the same time created that boundary for your healing or your "freedom" and "inner peace."

Re: Work in progress 09 Jun 2024 03:52 #414894

• vehkam
  • Platinum Boarder

repost.  Shabbos was yom hameyuchas…

Yom HaMeyuchas

I don’t remember hearing that term before.  Over the years it is likely that I did hear that the 2nd day of sivan is called yom hameyuchas but it just didn’t mean anything to me. So I don’t remember.

Today, I received a few messages referencing yom hameyuchas and I did not know what it was about.  Then, during lunch, I came across a post that explains – today is the day that Moshe Rabeinu relayed the message to klal Yisroel from hashem.

וִֽהְיִ֨יתֶם לִ֤י סְגֻלָּה֙ מִכָּל־הָ֣עַמִּ֔ים כִּי־לִ֖י כָּל־הָאָֽרֶץ ... ואַתֶּ֧ם תִּֽהְיוּ־לִ֛י מַמְלֶ֥כֶת כֹּֽהֲנִ֖ים וְג֣וֹי קָד֑וֹשׁ

My heart filled with emotions of gratitude and joy that I am able to finally feel that I too am a part of this גוֹי קָדוֹש  To feel that hashem is lifting me up. That is taking me out of my personal mitzrayim… To feel that ahava that he has for us, his chosen nation… to be part of a group of mevakshim that will keep getting up no matter what and no matter how many times we fall!  A group that is anonymous but is comprised of Chassidim & Ex Hasidim, Litvaks, Sefardim, Ashkenazim, BTs, FFB, young bochurim and seasoned adults…. All working K’ish echad b’lev echad to better ourselves and each other in Kedusha.  And I say ashreinu ma tov chelkeinu….

We are truly hashem’s treasure.

When I said birchas hamazon after lunch, I noticed the third HaRachaman – and this is my bracha to all of us, that hashem should always be glorified and honored through us -

הָרַחֲמָן הוּא יִשְׁתַּבַּח לְדוֹר דּוֹרִים, וְיִתְפָּאַר בָּנוּ לָעַד וּלְנֵצַח נְצָחִים, וְיִתְהַדַּר בָּנוּ לָעַד וּלְעוֹלְמֵי עוֹלָמִים.

vehkam7@gmail.com

Re: Work in progress 09 Jun 2024 12:26 #414901

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I just went through the thread. 
Again.
The only thing I can say is Thank you for the chizzuk this thread provided
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: Work in progress 28 Jun 2024 13:24 #415986

• vehkam
  • Platinum Boarder

This thought is in honor of my birthday a few days ago. (all birthday wishes happily accepted!)

I was recently bothered by a question.  In the bracha of ברך עלינו  in which we are davening for parnassa I noticed that the focus seem to be on the שנה  .  I wondered why didn’t chaza”l formulate a bracha that is more directly asking for a bracha for our parnassa.  Why put the emphasis on “the year”.  In addition, the bracha as written seems to focus on crops and produce. The brachos of shemona esrai are timeless, most of us are not farmers any more, why would a bracha for parnassa be written specifically related to crops?

I had another question.  If any of us were to formulate one standard bracha to daven for (absent a specific crisis) it would most likely be a bracha for Hatzlocha, Gezunt, Parnassa & Nachas from our children.  That is the most typical bracha given today.  Yet we don’t really see such a request in shemona esrai. There is Refa’ainu, but that is for someone who is sick.  There is parnassa in ברך עלינו, but the rest seems to be missing.  The typical place where people would include these requests is in שומע תפילה  or before taking three steps back, but it is not included in the standard brachos that chaza’l formulated.

None of these questions are earth shattering, but still they had me thinking....

I want to suggest that in the bracha of ברך עלינו there is possibly another meaning beneath the surface.  There is only one thing on earth that we continually count by years.  We count the years that we are alive.  Every time we pass our birthday we note the completion of a year and the beginning of another year.  We don’t do that with anything else.

When we say ברך עלינו את השנה הזאת  we are asking hashem to bentsh this year of our life!  All of the brachos we would want our included in this. Perhaps this is why chaza'l put the emphasis on the year, rather than just a wording that would refer directly to parnassa.

ואת כל מיני תבואתה refers to everything this year produces, all the fruits of our efforts and labor, our children, our ruchniyus our parnassa – everthing that we worked for this year.

ושבענו מטובה And fill us from the goodness – let our hearts be full of nachas.

When we say in closing that hashem is טוב ומטיב, this is similar to the bracha we make for good wine. טוב refers to the grapes which are end product by themselves, מטיב is when the end product is further blessed by hashem and produces wine.  So too in ברך עלינו, Tov is a reference to our children and ומטיב is a reference to the product of that טוב – namely our grandchildren!

This past year was arguably (to my knowledge) so far, the best year of my life.  As I begin a new year I ask hashem ברך עלינו את השנה הזאת ....כשנים הטובות לברכה.  May it be a year of even more growth, may it be a year of hatzlocha, gezunt, parnassa and nachas for me, and may I in turn be zoche to bring nachas to hashem.

repost.  in honor of my birthday....
vehkam7@gmail.com

Last Edit: 28 Jun 2024 13:25 by vehkam.

Re: Work in progress 28 Jun 2024 13:50 #415990

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy birthday!!!! Ad 120 in the best of health, bikedusha uvitahara!

Re: Work in progress 02 Jul 2024 20:54 #416269

• vehkam
  • Platinum Boarder

Please note the following Is geared for people that have had serious falls and have already tried filters many times etc without positive results.

When I resolved to fight this battle I sensed that something was different this time.

I didn’t think I could be successful. I no longer remembered what it was like to be clean and my closest friends that I confided in were non Jews of the opposite gender.

And Yet I felt more committed to change than ever.

I was extremely wary that the inspiration would not last.  Especially if I was faced with an attack of desire by the yetzer hara.  I felt that if I put on a filter my desires for what I could not have would immediately awaken.

Given that my struggle had gone way beyond viewing forbidden images on my phone, the danger of falling in person would also be greater if the phone was not available for less serious forbidden activities. (I did speak to someone high up at gye to confirm that what I was doing made sense).

So I decided that I was not going to filter my phone at all.  I did not delete any accounts. I did not get rid of any access.   I told the yetzer hara that everything was still available to me- there is no need to attack.  And I kept myself incredibly busy for the next few months.  I went into offense mode.  Listening to shiurim or music anytime I had a free moment.  In the car, in bed, on the way to work. There was no open time for fantasizing.  Still no filter.

During this time I slowly reconnected with hashem.  I used music to become more emotional and I used the emotions to connect to davening.   Everything else I was doing is spelled out earlier in my thread.

Bh I never needed the filter. Eventually I did put one on but I hope to never test it.

The benefit of this method was that I did not have the constant yetzer hara to figure out how to access my desires. It was all available if I really wanted and my mind wasn’t working overtime to find loopholes.

I was able to clarify and work on what I really desire which is a connection with hashem.  I treat that relationship like any intimate relationship.  Constantly looking to renew the commitment and freshness. Constantly looking to show my devotion.  The more you put in the more you receive.

I caution again that having no filter is almost always not advisable. However, for a small percentage of people it may be a method that works.

I hope no one ever needs to use this method

Best wishes

Vehkam

vehkam7@gmail.com

Last Edit: 02 Jul 2024 21:00 by vehkam.

Re: Work in progress 02 Jul 2024 20:59 #416270

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
vehkam wrote on 02 Jul 2024 20:54:

Please note the following Is geared for people that have had serious falls and have already tried filters many times etc without positive results.

When I resolved to fight this battle I sensed that something was different this time.

I didn’t think I could be successful. I no longer remembered what it was like to be clean and my closest friends that I confided in were non Jews of the opposite gender.

And Yet I felt more committed to change than ever.

I was extremely wary that the inspiration would not last.  Especially if I was faced with an attack of desire by the yetzer hara.  I felt that if I put on a filter my desires for what I could not have would immediately awaken.

Given that my struggle had gone way beyond viewing forbidden images on my phone, the danger of falling in person would also be greater if the phone was not available.  (I did speak to someone high up at gye to confirm that what I was doing made sense).

So I decided that I was not going to filter my phone at all.  I did not delete any accounts. I did not get rid of any access.   I told the yetzer hara that everything was still available to me- there is no need to attack.  And I kept myself incredibly busy for the next few months.  I went into offense mode.  Listening to shiurim or music anytime I had a free moment.  In the car, in bed, on the way to work. There was no open time for fantasizing.  Still no filter.

During this time I slowly reconnected with hashem.  I used music to become more emotional and I used the emotions to connect to davening.   Everything else I was doing is spelled out earlier in my thread.

Bh I never needed the filter. Eventually I did put one on but I hope to never test it.

The benefit of this method was that I did not have the constant yetzer hara to figure out how to access my desires. It was all available if I really wanted and my mind wasn’t working overtime to find loopholes.

I was able to clarify and work on what I really desire which is a connection with hashem.  I treat that relationship like any intimate relationship.  Constantly looking to renew the commitment and freshness. Constantly looking to show my devotion.  The more you put in the more you receive.

I caution again that having no filter is almost always not advisable. However, for a small percentage of people it may be a method that works.

I hope no one ever needs to use this method

Best wishes

Vehkam

Runing towards instead of running away. This was also how I finally unlocked a lasting change - with Hashem's help. 
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others
Time to create page: 0.81 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes