Welcome, Guest

The Longest Road
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Longest Road 355 Views

The Longest Road 24 Dec 2021 05:05 #375224

8 Years.

​That is how long I have been actively battling. 

After failures over and over again, each time with a new tactics to overcome and beat this, I still fail. I am struggling with the confidence that I may never beat this because why should the next trick, the next shiur, the next neder, work? It's all been tried before and I need help. I daven to the Ribono Shel Olam and just when real progress is made, there is a setback. I don't know what to do.

Re: The Longest Road 24 Dec 2021 05:40 #375228

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
(Is this your first post?)

8 years is a long time.
I believe alot of guys here can relate to your struggle and frustration...including myself in some regard.

can you clarify if you've spoken to anyone about your struggle?
Filters?
How about accountability?

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Re: The Longest Road 24 Dec 2021 12:15 #375235

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry to hear it is going rough. don't give up. Hashem cherishes the thousands of times over those 8 years that you held back.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: The Longest Road 24 Dec 2021 14:15 #375239

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Sheva Yipol Tzadik wrote on 24 Dec 2021 05:05:
8 Years.

​That is how long I have been actively battling. 

After failures over and over again, each time with a new tactics to overcome and beat this, I still fail. I am struggling with the confidence that I may never beat this because why should the next trick, the next shiur, the next neder, work? It's all been tried before and I need help. I daven to the Ribono Shel Olam and just when real progress is made, there is a setback. I don't know what to do.

Welcome! Please check out these great free resources: 
ebook- The Battle of the Generation 
Audio series- The Fight

They help you build confidence and motivation. Among many other techniques and benefits.
See below in my signature for the links.

​Hatzlocha!
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge
Last Edit: 24 Dec 2021 14:16 by Captain.

Re: The Longest Road 24 Dec 2021 16:01 #375244

• 5Uu80*cdwB#^
  • Current streak: 1054 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome to this great community. I will share with you that I, too, had thought I tried it all. I thought I would never win this battle for good. Now I'm at over 100 days clean after getting on this site. I don't know anything about you except that you are a tzaddik for battling for 8 years, but I will tell you that one possible reason a guy could continue to have difficulties (like I did and like you are reporting) for many years is:
1. You are not guarding your eyes with absolute determination, be it ר״ל on the internet or the street or the office or weddings or anywhere. Every time you look at something inappropriate, even for a second, it can get seared in your brain making the next fall that much more likely.
2. Even if you aren't looking at things with your eyes, if you are fantasizing and imagining things and lusting after women and thinking about images, you will not be able to succeed. This is just a fact. Period. If a guy keeps on fantasizing, even if he never LOOKS with his eyes at anything any more, he is doomed to continue to fall time after time. Sometimes a guy can win the battle of not looking, but this point, i.e., fantasizing, his yetzer can tell him it's muttar for years and years. Meanwhile, he wonders why he keeps falling despite nedarim and trying with all his will power to stop. The answer is simple. You will never be able to stop as long as you think conjuring up imagery in the brain and fantasizing and lusting, even without looking, is muttar.

My advice to you, which I wish I had received years ago, is think carefully about the two points I have written above. I would be extremely surprised if you would report that you are guarding your eyes with absolute conviction AND you are 100% determined to never let yourself fantasize and lust and despite this all, you still find yourself continuing to fall.

Get active on this site. It has pretty much saved my life and hundreds of other guys' lives, too. We are here for you. And don't ever, ever, ever give up. It's worth any pain in the world to win this battle.
If you are wondering why you can't stop masturbating even though you're guarding your eyes, it's because you're fantasizing.
Last Edit: 24 Dec 2021 16:07 by 5Uu80*cdwB#^.

Re: The Longest Road 24 Dec 2021 18:09 #375247

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Get active on this site. It has pretty much saved my life and hundreds of other guys' lives, too. We are here for you. And don't ever, ever, ever give up. It's worth any pain in the world to win this battle.

Your entire response is great, but the above paragraph should be plastered on the walls of shuls in every community, with a phone number and web address for GYE.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: The Longest Road 26 Dec 2021 12:41 #375268

• omoh
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Junior Boarder
yup its rough! its a real fight! but my feelings are that this is the reason i was sent down to this world is to fight this battle i know that other people struggle for years to figure out why thay are here on this world but for me its clear its to fight this fight and hopefully to ultimately beat it!
Keep up fighting be cause if you don't fight you can't win! 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes