Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: What happened 270 Views

What happened 16 Dec 2021 16:22 #375007

• medly1234
  • Current streak: 21 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I was clean for 20 Days B”H then my schedule got messed up and I fell then fell again and again the past 3 days. I was doing so good I don’t know what happened. Also I found a loophole in my filter that I need to fix asap. Please share some chizzuk to getting back into to it. I keep telling myself since I just fell I might as well fall again and start again tom. It’s a vicious cycle!

Re: What happened 16 Dec 2021 20:31 #375010

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Medly1234 wrote on 16 Dec 2021 16:22:
I was clean for 20 Days B”H then my schedule got messed up and I fell then fell again and again the past 3 days. I was doing so good I don’t know what happened. Also I found a loophole in my filter that I need to fix asap. Please share some chizzuk to getting back into to it. I keep telling myself since I just fell I might as well fall again and start again tom. It’s a vicious cycle!

First you need to celebrate the 20 clean days which are yours to keep forever. 
It's very common that when a person falls he feels that now he is in "falling mode" so he might as well take advantage of it and fall some more. The best thing is to draw a red line and say: "the past is gone, I'm starting now a fresh page - one day at a time". 
We are eagerly waiting to start celebrating more clean hours and days with you... Please keep the good news coming.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: What happened 16 Dec 2021 21:06 #375011

I heard a great idea from a shiur by Rabbi Moshe Weinberger. He asks why we it is that we call Yosef "Yosef Hatzadik." When we compare Yosef with Yaakov Avinu, we see that Yaakov was completely perfect in the area of kedushas habris. Yosef, according to some opinions, actually had a fall according to his level (although that's hard for us to understand). According to this opinion, when the Torah says that Yosef came to the house of Potiphar to do his work, he actually was coming to be with eishes Potiphar. He had decided he couldn't take her attacks anymore, and he came to be with her when she was alone. Rabbi Weinberger explains that on some level there was a pgam here. So, wouldn't it make sense to Yaakov "Yaakov Hatzadik" instead of Yosef since he was the one who was perfect? 

One way to answer this question is that Yosef became Yosef Hatzadik through the way that he responded to his slip. When Yosef tried to flee from eishes Potiphar she grabbed him by his clothes. We see the root of the word for garment (בגד) shares a root with the word for shame. We can read it as she tried to grab Yosef by his shame. "You already came here to see me anyway, clearly you're a low life, you should just go though with what you came here to do." Yosef doesn't let her grip him by his shame. He leaves behind his בגד and flees. He doesn't let eishes Potiphar convince him that he is a low life. Yes he made a mistake (on his level), but he is still Yosef. In this way he becomes Yosef Hatzadik. We all have an eishes Potiphar in our life. We're all incited to just give up our mission as a Jew. The key is in those moments is to say I'm still a Jew and to get out of there, not to be caught by your בגד. Yes I slipped up, but I still have my mission ahead of me and I'm committed to it. That's the nature of Yosef Hatzadik, and that's why we call him by that title. You can do this! שֶׁבַע יִפּוֹל צַדִּיק וָקָם

Re: What happened 16 Dec 2021 21:57 #375012

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks. Beautiful Vort.  
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: What happened 19 Dec 2021 13:39 #375062

• medly1234
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the vort! It’s very true 

Re: What happened 19 Dec 2021 13:40 #375063

• medly1234
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the feedback! B”H I’m on my fourth day right now!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes