Welcome, Guest

I could use some support
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I could use some support 404 Views

I could use some support 17 Nov 2021 18:45 #374367

• fightinghard
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I need help on 2 accounts...
1) I am trying to learn to get past my perfectionist and low self confidence behaviors, which involves celebrating victories. so I want to share my win last night with yall...
I was at a wedding, ( which is always hard enough for watching my eyes, especially cuz im in shidduchim...) and as i was waiting in line to get a bracha from the chosson, one of the waitresses was clearly trying to get my attention to get me to stare at her... killer challange.
but BH, managed to fight hard and not "take the bait"!!!!!
2) I am struggling though cuz my highs are short lived... im tired and feel anxiety again, especially cuz i lost my earbuds at the wedding (and im not exactly rolling in cash here...) and now i wanna fall again...
bless all those who respond over here to one or both points!!

Re: I could use some support 17 Nov 2021 21:16 #374369

• ybird
  • Current streak: 304 days
  • Gold Boarder
hi, keep on youre a good worker, hashem is very proud of you, he loves you so so much he even wants to PERSONALLY test you if you love him too, and you passed the test!
Be proud of yourself!!!!
YBird
*** READ THIS***
You may see a low number of clean days, but don't forget to add 700 days to it, YES! you're reading it well, Seven Hundred plus  amount of days

Re: I could use some support 18 Nov 2021 12:17 #374393

First of all - shkoiach on that win! Amazing work!
For your second point I would just like to clarify - is the high you are referring to the one you get from falling, or succeeding?
I am not trying to be a sober me - I am trying to change me.

I'm not here because I fell once, I am here because I sometimes want it to continue forever

If you are looking for me on the teen forum, I turned 18 and can no longer access it. Feel free to contact me at strugglingwithmyself613@gmail.com - although probably use a separate email and don't put your name on it, so as to keep safe.

Re: I could use some support 18 Nov 2021 18:35 #374400

• fightinghard
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Fresh Boarder
thnx for all the support!
yeah, the high that im getting is from my victories, they are only short lived...
like i fell again last night...
uch...

Re: I could use some support 18 Nov 2021 18:40 #374401

Hi fightingHard, 

It's a huge inspiration that you overcame the challenge at that wedding. I know you're feeling a bit tired/anxious, but times like these are like precious rungs on a ladder. They're a chance to redefine how you respond to feelings of exhaustion and be strong in kedusha even through challenges. You've got this!!
Last Edit: 18 Nov 2021 18:40 by committed_togrowth.

Re: I could use some support 19 Nov 2021 11:44 #374421

• bego
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi

This message is a little harsh - don't read further if that might upset you. 

She wasn't trying to get you to look at her. Honest. And I know you'll say she was. But she wasn't. Really. And even if she was (because I'll concede this does happen on VERY rare occasions that people doing their jobs have nothing better to do than think about some random guy watching them), she wasn't really doing it for anything other than fun. 

Basically, the issue here, perhaps, is an approach to women. They're not play things (talking to myself here). They're not some vapid empty headed toys that compete for men to look at them. They're people. Some for sure want men to look at them. Just like men do. But if they're working, it's unlikely (unless it's THAT type of working but hey, that's going well off topic). 

So honestly, work on that first. Respect women. Respect yourself. Much will flow from there. 
I came.
I saw
I conquered.
I failed. 
Too much I. 

Re: I could use some support 19 Nov 2021 13:38 #374424

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
fightingHard wrote on 17 Nov 2021 18:45:
1) I am trying to learn to get past my perfectionist and low self confidence behaviors

perhaps it was actually both of those self-admitted attributes of you that created that fantasy that she was "truly" trying to get your attention. add a sprinkle of lust in there and it is a perfect recipe.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: I could use some support 29 Nov 2021 13:43 #374650

fightingHard wrote on 17 Nov 2021 18:45:
2) I am struggling though cuz my highs are short lived... 

It might be something to think about not relying on that high of motivation. I know from my experience, that I have started and said to myself I will not fall! but then I do, a few days later. 
Maybe writing up a list of the positives and negatives of falling, and the reasons you want to stop - so it becomes more clinical, rather than based on emotion. Because emotion will change, but logic will always be the same. 
Please let me know what you think!
strugglingwithmyself
I am not trying to be a sober me - I am trying to change me.

I'm not here because I fell once, I am here because I sometimes want it to continue forever

If you are looking for me on the teen forum, I turned 18 and can no longer access it. Feel free to contact me at strugglingwithmyself613@gmail.com - although probably use a separate email and don't put your name on it, so as to keep safe.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes