Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Restarting 279 Views

Restarting 18 Oct 2021 00:41 #373374

• yankee
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I've seen a lot on here and I've realized that I only come when things aren't great. When it's going well I forget to come.
Just had a setback and pumped to get back.
If you had one piece of advice what would it be? Thank you!
חזקו ואמצו
אמר הקב"ה לישראל: בני! פתחו לי פתח אחד של תשובה, כחודה של מחט, ואני פותח לכם פתחים שיהיו עגלות וקרניות נכנסות בו.

Re: Restarting 18 Oct 2021 10:17 #373381

• Rebuild613
  • Gold Boarder
One of the tricks of the Yetzer Hara the ultimate enemy of man and he never sleeps and is in business for thousands of years is: after a victory and seemingly things are going well so we forget our vulnerability so we're not so much on the lookout, HE THEN PUSHES US OFF THE CLIFF.

it happened to me a few times over the course of decades and even though I'm now at 940 days clean and PLEASE G-D help me it should stay that way until the end of my life.

So one of the lessons I have learned is to stay connected with the GYE family even though it seems that it's not important any more.

comment's and suggestions are welcomed. 
Without feedback how can I improve
Demolished is my real name
Fool is my middle name

Re: Restarting 18 Oct 2021 10:38 #373383

Rebuild613 wrote on 18 Oct 2021 10:17:
One of the tricks of the Yetzer Hara the ultimate enemy of man and he never sleeps and is in business for thousands of years is: after a victory and seemingly things are going well so we forget our vulnerability so we're not so much on the lookout, HE THEN PUSHES US OFF THE CLIFF.

it happened to me a few times over the course of decades and even though I'm now at 940 days clean and PLEASE G-D help me it should stay that way until the end of my life.

So one of the lessons I have learned is to stay connected with the GYE family even though it seems that it's not important any more.

comment's and suggestions are welcomed. 
Without feedback how can I improve

If you ask me it's not a bad idea to stay in touch with people whose inside is the same as yours, even for the people who get better "for good."

Plus, if you stay in touch you can help others, and that action is irreplaceable. As they say in medicine: see one, do one, teach one.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes