Welcome, Guest

Falling On sundays!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Falling On sundays! 338 Views

Falling On sundays! 11 Apr 2021 21:27 #366681

• mo613
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey guys,
i need some advice. I been realizing a pattern, i keep on falling every Sunday. I have a filter and everything but some how i get around it. What do i do? 

Re: Falling On sundays! 11 Apr 2021 22:27 #366683

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
Is it just the name sunday? Is it because of boredom, waking up late? Tired?

Re: Falling On sundays! 12 Apr 2021 03:22 #366697

Hard to know because I don't know so much about you and what you do on sundays but my guess is you fall because your bored - while most days are full with either work/school/yeshiva or some other combo and shabbos is shabbos, sunday is kinda the empty day where theres a ton of time and not always enough to do to fill the time.

So my advice: fill the time. 

Ideally fill it with Torah because that always leaves you feeling good after and your learning something too. What I find helpful is different podcasts (because I don't have to do much) or "light" english sefarim which don't need much investment because I find these things easier and can easily spend hours and hours on them. Otherwise do a project - clean your workspace or work out or whatever (your choice) just ideally something that will leave you feeling good afterwards vs feeling nasty. For me something that would leave me feeling nasty is watching TV/playing video games because I don't feel productive afterwards and I realized i pretty much just wasted my time. 
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: Falling On sundays! 12 Apr 2021 11:20 #366708

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Mo613 wrote on 11 Apr 2021 21:27:
Hey guys,
i need some advice. I been realizing a pattern, i keep on falling every Sunday. I have a filter and everything but some how i get around it. What do i do? 

Maybe try this tool. For some people it works wonders!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Falling On sundays! 12 Apr 2021 12:40 #366711

• mo613
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much! I love that advice! Will try it next Sunday B”H!

Re: Falling On sundays! 13 Apr 2021 01:41 #366745

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
You can also try having your internet be shut off completely on sunday during the hours you are worried about. I'm not sure how to do it but some people have tried it (like to block their internet entirely late at night) and it helped.

Hatzlocha
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes