Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Day 0 245 Views

Day 0 19 Mar 2021 21:47 #365740

• thetimeisnow!
  • Current streak: 289 days
  • Senior Boarder
Hello again everyone! Some of you may have seen my first post yesterday and I appreciate all of the support I got.

This will be the beginning of my daily posts on the way to 90 days (and hopefully past that BH). I really feel like I can do this, especially with the accountability that posting generates, so please join me and take this challenge on with me.

Today I failed. Plain and simple. Nothing to hide.

My problem seems to stem from 2 things: 1) I am currently living in a dorm room without a roommate, so accountability is not there in a physical sense, and 2) my YH somehow convinces me that it isn't so bad for a gentile to waste seed, even though I always feel ashamed of myself afterwards and I know HaShem is repulsed by this act. 

So here's what I plan on doing to fix this: 1) spend as much time in the university library as possible and as little time as possible alone in my room. Less opportunities for my YH this way. 2) Update my taphsic method contract with HaShem. This way my YH can't convince me that what I'm doing isn't a sin because breaking an oath is definitely a no no for non-jews as well. This strategy has worked well for me in the past, its just that when the time comes that the current contract I have made ends, my YH ambushes me before I can renew it.

He plays smart. I have to play smarter.

So, I will come up with something and BH update you all tomorrow as to what it looks like. 

I know all of us desperately want to bring ourselves closer to HaShem, and HaShem wants this even more than we do. He is our biggest fan and He is rooting for us every second of our lives. Let's climb Mt. Everest together and make HaShem proud!
Last Edit: 19 Mar 2021 22:06 by thetimeisnow!.

Re: Day 0 20 Mar 2021 18:58 #365742

• Striving Avreich
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
I don't know if it's true, I have never used the Taphsic method, but my guess is that the reason the the Yeitzer Horoh comes back is because it was never dealt with in the first place. It's like expceting not to have any YH for food after Yom Kippur when half an hour ago I said that Hashem is everything and now I'm stuffing my face with yummy baked goods. The YH still has to worked on even if we aren't actively participating in the act.
I could be totally off, please weigh in if you have experience using this method and have something to say about this point.

Re: Day 0 21 Mar 2021 01:11 #365748

• thetimeisnow!
  • Current streak: 289 days
  • Senior Boarder
Yes, what you are saying is 100% true. However, the point of the taphsic method is to make it so that your YH will agree with you that it would not be wise to fall. If you have a YH for laziness and you swear to HaShem that you will run x miles within 24 hours if you have a fall, it will be a lot easier for you to say to your YH that it's not worth it!
Last Edit: 21 Mar 2021 01:11 by thetimeisnow!.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes