Welcome, Guest

Jew're Gonna Make It!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Jew're Gonna Make It! 2054 Views

Re: Jew're Gonna Make It! 30 Mar 2021 16:23 #366169

• bt again
  • Expert Boarder
36 days in a row! And 83 cumulative since I started the GYE tracker. I have had some major mood swings the past couple weeks, but I moved solidly out of them over yuntif. I really think that the accountability is making the difference here, as well as healthier changes in other areas of life. I am coming up on my longest ever streak (47 days).

Connecting with Hashem has been a big deal as well. I read in a book by Rabbi Twerski Z''L that he encountered an alcoholic who asked G-d every morning for a day of sobriety, and thanked Him in the evening for a day of sobriety. This is a simple step, and I'm sure many folks on this site are doing it already, but I started it at the beginning of my current streak and I firmly believe it has helped adjust my attitude for the better. Onwards and upwards!

Re: Jew're Gonna Make It! 01 Apr 2021 16:31 #366249

• bt again
  • Expert Boarder
Well, I feel terrible. I broke my 37 day streak yesterday because I was feeling depressed, which seems to be the biggest trigger for me. Making changes to my strategy is pretty important, so I will be adding another layer of accountability today, as well as seriously looking into picking up a hands-on hobby (thinking about knitting). If anyone has any other strategies, particularly for avoiding falls when you're depressed, please share. The good news is that in the past I've binged each time I fell, but so far I am avoiding that. 

Re: Jew're Gonna Make It! 02 Apr 2021 18:56 #366301

• DeletedUser825
  • Current streak: 109 days
  • Expert Boarder
I'm so sorry to hear about your fall, especially after such a tremendous streak. I can definitely relate to the depression trigger. My best suggestion is if you're feeling the urge, reach out to someone, whether it's a friend, family member, or brother here on GYE (I'm more than happy to talk with you whenever, just hit me up). You don't even have to talk about anything important- sometimes it just helps to shmuz with someone when you're feeling down. 
Also taking up a hobby sounds great! Maybe you could even sell your knit-work to get extra incentive and benefit from doing it.
Much Hatzlocha!
My thread: Let's get this party started

Who the heck is Benoni?

Procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow. -Gerald Vaughan

Re: Jew're Gonna Make It! 05 Apr 2021 22:02 #366385

• bt again
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

Glad to report I'm at 4 days. I had a refreshing yuntif and successfully kept this fall from turning into a binge, as has happened before. Lots of work to do this week and the weather is great, so hoping to use those to keep me busy.

Re: Jew're Gonna Make It! 11 May 2021 23:44 #368390

• bt again
  • Expert Boarder
Been a while, but I'd like to get back to updating this. I'm sitting at 32 days, thank you Hashem!
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes