Welcome, Guest

I guess I'm doing this...
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I guess I'm doing this... 287 Views

I guess I'm doing this... 07 Jul 2020 07:20 #352303

Here goes nothing. Going to get through the next 90 days by hook or by crook.

Re: I guess I'm doing this... 07 Jul 2020 13:30 #352309

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi, yes! if there's a will there's a way!

Here are some practical tips to make it to 90 with the help of Hashem:

- The key to this battle is avoiding triggering situations and putting up the necessary fences to help protect you from falling.

- Do not even start "acting out", thinking that I'll be able to stop before I fall. It's a ploy by the yezter hara. Even if I resist now, it will fester and grow stronger, until eventually I cannot hold back anymore.

- Utilizing the resources on GYE:
  • Reading the daily chizuk emails
  • Posting on the forum and reading/responding to other people's post
  • Reading and Reviewing the GYE handbook. This is an incredible handbook!

- Chazal tells us that when one davens for his friend, he will be answered first. Daven to Hashem to help all the members of the GYE community to overcome their challenge. Perhaps this is something we as a whole can adopt.

Keep up the good work!

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: I guess I'm doing this... 08 Jul 2020 02:45 #352328

Thank you!

You write: "Do not even start "acting out", thinking that I'll be able to stop before I fall. It's a ploy by the yezter hara. Even if I resist now, it will fester and grow stronger, until eventually I cannot hold back anymore."

Can you explain what you mean by this? I think I instinctively get it but not sure I do.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes