Welcome, Guest

Back on the wagon - 90 days from today is YK!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Back on the wagon - 90 days from today is YK! 353 Views

Back on the wagon - 90 days from today is YK! 30 Jun 2020 18:05 #352015

• airmale613
  • Senior Boarder
So, I am back on the wagon after a shaky few months. Went to print out my 90 day chart and realized that if you start today, 90 days will be on Yom Kippur! Good time to start!

Re: Back on the wagon - 90 days from today is YK! 30 Jun 2020 19:22 #352020

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Being inspired is an amazing experience. Having the clarity to see what matters and what doesn’t is so empowering. But unfortunately, those feelings don’t last. Inspiration quickly fades, and it seems that we are back where we started.

The way to keep our inner fire strong is to read something that gets us excited every day. This cannot be stressed enough. If we want to live motivated, we need our daily medicine. We must devote a few minutes every day to reading and thinking about our awesome opportunity. We have to dream about becoming someone special. We have to think about how badly we want to become great, and then plan how we will win our battles and get there. We must make conquering our desires one of our highest aspirations, because winning difficult battles is the pinnacle of serving Hashem. We must frequently visualize ourselves overcoming these challenges and reaching greatness. This will make these feelings an active part of us.

In addition, we must celebrate our victories every time whether they seem big or small, as Chovos Halevavos (5:5) instructs. Over time, this changes our attitude toward challenges. We develop excitement about winning difficult battles, and we identify ourselves as people working hard toward that goal. Consistently celebrating our successes makes these feelings part of us.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Back on the wagon - 90 days from today is YK! 30 Jun 2020 19:56 #352024

• Pure
  • Current streak: 34 days
  • Junior Boarder
on YK we sit covered with talis and we promise to never ever sin again... 

Re: Back on the wagon - 90 days from today is YK! 01 Jul 2020 00:46 #352040

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
This is great advice! Can you give us a list of suggestions that we can read from every day that will get us excited to fight? And can you elaborate more on how we can celebrate our victories?
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Back on the wagon - 90 days from today is YK! 01 Jul 2020 06:09 #352061

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Captain wrote on 01 Jul 2020 00:46:
This is great advice! Can you give us a list of suggestions that we can read from every day that will get us excited to fight? And can you elaborate more on how we can celebrate our victories?

I guess this is what the daily chizuk broadcasts are for. If you are not signed up yet then you better do that now.

As far as how to celebrate victories, I would also love to hear some ideas. I find that celebrating with food is counterproductive.

I like to celebrate by posting about my success and being grateful for it, but sometimes it doesn't do the trick. 

Celebrating by giving in to any of my compulsive behaviors just messes everything up, but hey, everyone is different.

Lets hear some more good news.

All the best,
Wilnevergiveup
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes