Welcome, Guest

Slogging Through the Muck
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Slogging Through the Muck 23541 Views

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 28 Dec 2009 07:55 #38838

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Good job Haba!
If haShem gave you that test, He meant He has faith in you that you could pass it.
And, if He has faith in you, you can have faith in yourself. 
Last Edit: by moyo.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 28 Dec 2009 08:00 #38840

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Momo, for a second when I saw that you had responded to my post, I thought you were going to tell me in multicolored letters

YOU ARE SOMEBODY SPECIAL!!

Last Edit: by kobyb.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 28 Dec 2009 09:37 #38854

• onelife
  • Gold Boarder
good work haba.
just try to forget her,
falls usually  happen cuz triggers, this close to be such a rule : "no triggers no falls"
we must escape from those triggers as we escape from fire against our desire. 
for 90 days clean we have no alternative.
we are with you in that struggle, fight against the same enemy...

yeshar coa'h!!
Last Edit: by mendytheroom2.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 28 Dec 2009 13:22 #38911

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
It is, what it is... G-d put me in this world to be a fighter, so fight I will

Did you see yesterday's chizuk e-mail #667? Sometimes we have to let go of the "glorious fight"... We are sick, after all.  :-\
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by 99642709.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 28 Dec 2009 16:44 #39027

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
OneLife wrote on 28 Dec 2009 09:37:

good work haba.
just try to forget her,
falls usually  happen cuz triggers, this close to be such a rule : "no triggers no falls"
we must escape from those triggers as we escape from fire against our desire. 
for 90 days clean we have no alternative.
we are with you in that struggle, fight against the same enemy...

yeshar coa'h!!

I agree with you that no triggers no falls, but I can't just stop flying on airplanes.... or driving my car... or walking out of my door!!! This vast and beautiful world is teeming with triggers for the addicts like us!!!

Ain ma la'asot, we need to fight, we can't avoid all the triggers...

And wait a second, I'm not even sure I believe that no triggers no falls...  I think sometimes we just fall cuz of our inner trigger, the YH Yigger Higger!!

What do you think?
Last Edit: by hopefulreturn.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 28 Dec 2009 19:01 #39089

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Just keep thinking positive.  Just keep fighting and have a good attitude.  Keep your mind busy and the triggers don't pop up as much, that what seems to have helped me.
Last Edit: by yrtkinski.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 28 Dec 2009 22:29 #39166

• onelife
  • Gold Boarder
i agree with you HABA that "No trigger no falls"  is not absolutely.
but a lot of my falls happened because of triggers.
for us (the addicts) every trigger even a little is a sufficient reason for Y"H to tell you : "take your self alone with your computer and surf....since you have reason - you were triggered!!!"...    HABA you know that??

falls that were caused because triggers , cause you more falls even not because triggers.
triggers are just the beginning.

but as you said, its not the only reason for falls.

Last Edit: by raf98.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 28 Dec 2009 23:00 #39190

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Of course triggers arent the only sources for falls but they definitly dont help in this area. We have to try and keep away from the triggers. keep ourselves busy s even though theres all those things out there well be just to bust to get triggered. we cant remove them and we cant fight them but we could try and let them glide.
Last Edit: by DeletedUser11785.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 29 Dec 2009 04:27 #39272

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
I quit drinking coffee on a regular basis about Rosh Hashanah time, (no it was not my kabala for the year, that was that I should quit my addictions to cocaine, sniffing glue, drinking lemonade and staring at those 3D pictures), but I had a big 20 oz. cup a few hours ago and I'm just a bit bouncy, so bear with me!!!

I feel an enormous sense of hakaras hatov to the Ribbono Shel Olam for giving me the most incredible wife a person could ever wish for bli ayin hara.... she cares so much, loves me so much, works so hard for our family... B"H B"H B"H

For her alone I should be doing everything that I do here. She deserves every single bit of me and much much more, and to have even a bit of me focused anywhere else is so not fair....

I hope and I aspire that one day with the help of all of you here,that I will grow into being worthy of my wife and her love for me....

and  while I'm on my caffeine induced hyperism..... I really do appreciate everything that you all do for me so much, I'm now 12 days clean, almost 13!! I'm about to get K9 on my computers... and I feel so much better about myself for it. I couldn't have done it without you guys... so huge huge hakaras hatov to all of you.... May the Lord bless you all that you all overcome your demons, that you have lots of shekels, that those of you who are not married find a wonderful zivug, and those who are should have gutteh kinder and lotsa nachas, and to quote a great philosopher, may we all "Keep on Trukkin!"

Last Edit: by DeletedUser11862.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 29 Dec 2009 07:15 #39310

• onelife
  • Gold Boarder
hi Haba,
your problem an excellent wife married to a "bad" husband , is our problem too.
and since so, we are here to fix it Baruch Hashem, this is the first step and thats very good.

and hey, don't install the K9, guardyoureyes needs some money...  :D :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by sanfriend.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 29 Dec 2009 08:01 #39315

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm in a bad way... I already signed up for K9 and don't have it yet, cuz I haven't got my license yet. It's like the alcoholic who knows he's gonna be locked up in detox and he just wants to grab every last bit of booze... My YH is really trying to get me to do something I will regret before the filter is installed

NOOOOOO!!!!!
Last Edit: by jollyfox89.

Re: slogging through 29 Dec 2009 10:36 #39337

• loi-misyaeish
Amen, about finding a zivug hogun.
Last Edit: by syk3569084.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 29 Dec 2009 12:47 #39439

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 29 Dec 2009 08:01:

I'm in a bad way... I already signed up for K9 and don't have it yet, cuz I haven't got my license yet. It's like the alcoholic who knows he's gonna be locked up in detox and he just wants to grab every last bit of booze... My YH is really trying to get me to do something I will regret before the filter is installed

NOOOOOO!!!!!
haba letahor mesayin oso. Tell Hashem your Ba letaher and hell help you. try it youll see. And great for you for getting the k9. We have to realize we cant fight this all by our lonesome we need help. So step one; filter.
Last Edit: by roee514.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 29 Dec 2009 13:10 #39453

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 29 Dec 2009 04:27:

I hope and I aspire that one day with the help of all of you here,that I will grow into being worthy of my wife and her love for me....

Don't get so down on yourself. First, by working on the addiction you have made yourself "worthy" of your wife's love. Really now, love is defined by two people accepting each other regardless, as long as they don't physically harm the other.

Two, I bet she's not perfect either. Nobody is.

So, chin up. Tell yourself you are worthy of her love because you are a great person working on a bad habit. 
Last Edit: by shparent.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 29 Dec 2009 14:37 #39500

• onelife
  • Gold Boarder
Hey, Haba, what's happening here?  > > >
i've just seen your SOS call, i hope you are ok so far .... ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
you are not gonna fall!! for us!
if you haven't got the licence number yet, tell me by private or email, i'll give you mine, cuz i haven't used it so far.
i have another filter.
you can try to sign up to K9 again, maybe the first time was an error.
haba?? :'(  say something....

Last Edit: by aaronryan.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes