Welcome, Guest

Slogging Through the Muck
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Slogging Through the Muck 23542 Views

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 25 Dec 2009 10:12 #37973

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
KEEP ON ROCKIN AND ROLLIN DUDESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Edit: by 4329.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 25 Dec 2009 10:53 #37985

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey ImTrying,

Thanks so much for the supersized post!!!

Just real quick, I  bicycled along the boardwalk today at sunset (not a pritzus becah, no worries), and was overwhelmed by the absolute beauty of the sun setting over the Pacific, painting the sky an entire palette of pastels. What can I say, G-d loves us, and all he wants is a life of beauty and harmony for all of us, we just need to reach out and grab it!!

Thanks again,
Haba
Last Edit: by azuelosn.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 25 Dec 2009 11:04 #37987

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow beauty at its best. Niflaos Haboreh. And in my old days when i was a biker i would say keep on pedaling.

Good Shabbos to you to.
Last Edit: by yosefdovid77.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 25 Dec 2009 11:56 #38002

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I'm not even sure what the threshold for a slip up or a fall is, maybe you can enlighten me...

See tool #8 on this page: guardyoureyes.org/woh/WOHRules.php

Don't wait for things to get tough. You know what you gotta do. Follow the instructions on this page: www.guardyoureyes.org/?p=24
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by lemey33.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 25 Dec 2009 12:45 #38006

• bardichev
As we say a frielichen shabbos

On shabbos "IT'S ALL GOOD"

Did you hear
boruch levines new cd?

LECHA DOIDEE LIKRASSSS KALAAA OY PNAI SHABOSSS NI-KABBILA!!
Last Edit: by dave5365.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 25 Dec 2009 20:24 #38099

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
habaletaher wrote on 25 Dec 2009 10:08:

I'm not even sure what the threshold for a slip up or a fall is, maybe you can enlighten me...

See guardyoureyes.org/woh/WOHRules.php, Rule #8.

[Whoops - I see that Guard already beat me to it!].
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by ebber077.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 25 Dec 2009 21:04 #38100

• Cleareyes613
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 9 - amazing!! Good luck and be careful with the weekend. 2 weeks is just around the corner.
Good Shabbos!
Last Edit: by 25yearsofstruggle.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 25 Dec 2009 23:43 #38104

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the Good Shabbos wishes... and the same to you or if your reading this it is probably Gut Voch cuz its already shabbos now in NYC and fo sho in Israel...

DAY 10!!!! 1/9th of the way there!!!

I know that I really need K9 and that is my goal for this coming week that once I get back home on Sun I should install it... So we're almost there... It is real hard to install it because you are stripping away your options and that takes a lot of commitment which I should have and need... but I'm still mustering up. Here's some commitment incentive;

If I don't have K9 on my laptop and home CPU by next Shabbos (vayechi) I will donate $100 to GYE! and $100 for each subsequent Shabbos up to a max of $500!

If that don't do it, I don't know what will!

A Gitte Voch!!

Leiby
Last Edit: by adina81.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 26 Dec 2009 16:03 #38105

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes it is a gutte voch.

Yes putting k9 on the comp is a really big step. it took me a number of falls to realize i need this. We have to come to the realization that we cant do this on our own and any way we can help ourselves, we must take that step. Why wait?? Just do it. And then although youll think twice about it afterwards, it will be too  late. Taking your time is really atzas hayetzer. Hell do whatever he has to to get you to look even if it means only once. So jump in. Its hpot, yes, but eventually it will cool down.

Hatzlacha.
Last Edit: by wannabebetter7.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 26 Dec 2009 17:14 #38119

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
haba,
"I'm not even sure what the threshold for a slip up or a fall is, maybe you can enlighten me..."
you do know!!
if you don't know its just beacuse the Y"H tells you that the site you are about to surf there is OK,
but deep in your heart you know whats good and whats not.

i tell you again its from my experience after B"H you install the K9, don't try to check if it works properly and block.
such checking is the first step to fall and it happens very very  quick.

we are all with you and we know you with us,
shavua tov from israel!
love you.
keep the good work.

Last Edit: by dannyhndz1.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 26 Dec 2009 22:47 #38163

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
habaletaher wrote on 25 Dec 2009 23:43:

Thanks for the Good Shabbos wishes... and the same to you or if your reading this it is probably Gut Voch cuz its already shabbos now in NYC and fo sho in Israel...

DAY 10!!!! 1/9th of the way there!!!

I know that I really need K9 and that is my goal for this coming week that once I get back home on Sun I should install it... So we're almost there... It is real hard to install it because you are stripping away your options and that takes a lot of commitment which I should have and need... but I'm still mustering up. Here's some commitment incentive;

If I don't have K9 on my laptop and home CPU by next Shabbos (vayechi) I will donate $100 to GYE! and $100 for each subsequent Shabbos up to a max of $500!

If that don't do it, I don't know what will!

A Gitte Voch!!

Leiby

I'm not so sure you need K9... I would suggest Rimon, which includes a Kosher server! (i.e. not just a client based filter, which can maybe be beaten if we try hard enough).

Also, according to your Kabala above, if you get Rimon and not K9 - we get $500!!  ;D

Just kidding
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by o0o0o.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 27 Dec 2009 04:51 #38187

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the chizzuk, and yes One Life, I really do know that any site that I even have a safek if it is considered a fall is probably a fall.

I'm away on a trip (I'm leaving sunny Cali for frigid NY tomorrow, BUMMER!!!) so I can't install everything but based on my kabbalah I should be k9ed up by the end of the week, and hopefully without any falls in the process.

Reb Guard, I don't live in Israel, so I won't be able to use the whole Rimon thing...

DAY 11!!!

Ya'll rock,
Haba

Last Edit: by jgoldstein21.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 27 Dec 2009 08:23 #38231

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YOU ARE SOMEBODY SPECIAL!!!
Last Edit: by bitulgamur.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 27 Dec 2009 09:12 #38296

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Please READ and VOTE on this new poll I just created over here: rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=1427.0
Last Edit: by sga123.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 28 Dec 2009 07:50 #38836

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
DAY 12!!!!

Gosh, flew back from the west coast today.... There was a very pretty girl sitting across the aisle from me, and I'm not the type to get delusions that she wants me or anything like that, but it is just DISTRACTING!!! IT GETS INTO YOUR HEADSPACE and it is really such a bummer. So unnecessary...

It is, what it is... G-d put me in this world to be a fighter, so fight I will
Last Edit: by sruli123.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes