Welcome, Guest

Slogging Through the Muck
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Slogging Through the Muck 23544 Views

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 31 Jan 2010 03:57 #49755

• aryehtahor
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Gold Boarder
I actually don't remember off the top of my head. I will find out and let you know, Bli Neder.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 31 Jan 2010 06:50 #49802

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh, boy...we're getting political here!! :D :D

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 01 Feb 2010 05:12 #50090

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Everybody,

Sorry for being gone for so long, I have been super super busy, and that is why I haven't been posting, no other reason. Please don't worry, I was not offended by anything anyone here said, I really have to think about it a lot. One Life laid it in thick and I appreciate it, it is just hard to say I'm going to cut myself off from so much of the world. Reb Guard was talking about only going to seperate things for Chol Hamoed, that may be easy if you're chassidishe but if your from a family and place where everyone else is going to places (like the zoo, mind you, I'm not talking about someplace horrible) where there are going to be women who are not dressed kiderech hatorah, you can't just lock yourself away... but it is plenty to think about....

The Bad News: I almost fell. I had to ask Reb Guard a shailah on this one, and B"H B"H B"H, it was not a fall, only a slip, but it was a real mistake on my part. It was 5:30 AM and I had just finished learning and preparing a shiur and bam! So I really need to be more vigilant, and I will be looking into accountability software

The Good News: I'm at day 46! More than halfway there!!!

I'm probably going to be pretty busy in the next few weeks and will slow down a bit from my previous posting pace, but I love you guys all the same and appreciate so much what you're all doing for me, my life has changed dramatically since i've started GYE!!!

Thanks!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 01 Feb 2010 10:11 #50138

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
WOW WOW WOW!!
i didn't remember that i slowed the train (500 KM per hour  :D :D) and gave you to  get off from.  :D :D

05:30 AM its a time which the Y"H can work very "effectively", i assume that your wife was sleeping... :-\

this is classic case which you have to prevent yourself from.  not to be alone with the PC (K9 ??) at a crazy hours.

its a big temptation!!

we must remember that the Y"H even if we feel that its  a little take a nap, it always there wait to the opportune moment to attack.
he is so smart this EVIL.

hope you skip this slip successfully and continue with steve and me   to hit the 90.
you must learn from this GEVER.

we trust you.

Last Edit: 01 Feb 2010 11:21 by .

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 01 Feb 2010 16:29 #50174

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Haba -

Glad to see we're both back. Keep up the VIGILANCE!!

Back in my voyeur days, I used to wear sunglasses when I went out on trips with the family, so my wife and kids couldn't see where my eyes roamed. WRONGO!!

Now I see that I have to make sure to go without the shades, and stay close to my family, and always remember that I don't want my children to think less of me, and certainly don't want my wife to see me ogle. I prefer shalom bayis over a resentful and hurt spouse.

Somehow, when my Yiras Shomayim is weak, at least i can fall back on Fearing my Wife. And rolling pins. 
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 01 Feb 2010 17:19 #50189

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Haba - great to have you back! Keep moving forward, and mazal tov on passing the halfway mark to your first big step forward!

Remember that every day is valuable, every second is precious.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 01 Feb 2010 22:08 #50274

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Haba i just dont get it!! You go to the zoo and you have a chance to look at all those beautiful animals and you waste your time on looking at other women??? It just doesnt make any sense to me!!! Ok i guess i cant understand everything!!

:D

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 03 Feb 2010 00:07 #50777

• aryehtahor
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Gold Boarder
Yidster, the mishna brura on going to, for instance, basketball games (and other sporting/theater/mass entertainment events) can be found in siman shin zayin, sif tes zayin, mishna brura sif katan nun tes.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 05 Feb 2010 06:27 #51340

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow Aryeh Tahor,

I just checked the Mishna Berura you pointed too, and it definitely is a heavy hitter. I will cut and paste it here for anyone else who might be interested in it...

וכ״ש ההולך לטרטיאות וקרקסיאות [והם מיני שחוק כדאיתא בעבודת כוכבים דף י״ח] ושאר מיני תחבולות וגם בפורים אין מותר רק השחוק שעושים זכר לאחשורוש [מ״א] ובעו״ה כיום נעשה דבר זה כהפקר אצל איזה אנשים לילך לבית טרטיאות והכתוב צוח ואומר אל תשמח ישראל אל גיל וכו׳ וגם איכא בזה משום מגרי יצה״ר בנפשם ואחז״ל כל המתלוצץ נופל בגיהנם שנאמר וגו׳ ויסורין באין עליו שנאמר ועתה אל תתלוצצו פן יחזקו מוסריכם [ע״ש בגמרא עוד

I have to figure this stuff out, and talk it over with my Rebbi....

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 05 Feb 2010 07:36 #51345

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
It Is Beyond Of Also Why We Worry About Woman When There Is A Sun Grass Trees And OF COURSE TRUCKS. whatch For drunk chasidishe drivers.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 05 Feb 2010 09:40 #51368

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey haba thanks for the copy and paste. It was a good one! How you be my friend??

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 05 Feb 2010 19:16 #51491

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Habbaaaaaaaaaaaa..............

I'm gonna drink a l'chaim to you, kiddo.

Have a GREAT SHABBOS!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 05 Feb 2010 20:22 #51506

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep on trucking.  Have a great shabbos!!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 06 Feb 2010 21:08 #51551

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
HABA HABA HABA .........................

Good week mate!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 07 Feb 2010 04:35 #51643

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Have a great week!!  KUTGW!!
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes