Welcome, Guest

Slogging Through the Muck
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Slogging Through the Muck 23554 Views

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 21 Jan 2010 08:36 #47409

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So basically your saying "Who cares who won the game, there was a massive kiddush H-shem there which totally stole the show".
That's awesome, really awesome.
I can see those two particular blatt being far more valuable than many mesechtos.

Alright, now all you gotta do is bring a Zohar to the next game you're at....  :D
Last Edit: by .

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 21 Jan 2010 12:17 #47431

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 21 Jan 2010 07:32:

Ya'll should be super proud of me. I went to a basketball game, and brought a small gemara with me. Whenever the cheerleaders came out, I buried my face in the good book. I learned almost 2 blatt, felt a bit like a dork/weirdo frummie, but kept my eyes where they belonged! In the end I felt really good about it, b/c not only did I not look at the cheerleaders, I felt real good about myself so I didn't look at all the other stuff hangin out there that I shouldn't have been looking at. IT FELT GOOD, EVEN BETTER THAN WOODFORD!!!
Sorry!! Not mekabel!!! There aint nothing better than a shot of woodie!!! And thats that!! >

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 21 Jan 2010 16:52 #47513

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
(reading zohar)..."so, this seems to be instructions for making a zonah disappear..." Hmm...

Next day newspaper headline "Sudden riot at MSG..."

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 21 Jan 2010 18:10 #47529

• bardichev
What are cheerleaders??

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 21 Jan 2010 18:28 #47536

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev wrote on 21 Jan 2010 18:10:

What are cheerleaders??
waddya mean?? They are all those little girlys screaming and jumping outside your ice cream truck, hoping to get a lick of that cone of yours.

I want it, no no i want it no its mine nu uh its mine im gonna tell my tatty hes a policeman well my tatty is a fireman and he holds girantic ladders well my tatty is a ice cream man, uh sonny is your name baby b??

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 21 Jan 2010 19:07 #47554

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder

What are cheerleaders??

:D

Exactly!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 21 Jan 2010 20:00 #47566

• bardichev
imtrying25 wrote on 21 Jan 2010 18:28:

What are cheerleaders??
waddya mean?? They are all those little girlys screaming and jumping outside your ice cream truck, hoping to get a lick of that cone of yours.

I want it, no no i want it no its mine nu uh its mine im gonna tell my tatty hes a policeman well my tatty is a fireman and he holds girantic ladders well my tatty is a ice cream man, uh sonny is your name baby b??

u 2 guys are funnier tham me!!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 21 Jan 2010 20:31 #47581

• bardichev
OK FREE ICE CREAM FOR ALL THE KIDS

CHALAV YISROEL

YOSHON CONE

OHH DUVI

YOU HAD FLAISHIKS FOR LUNCH

HERE NEM AH ICES!!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 21 Jan 2010 21:23 #47595

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 21 Jan 2010 07:32:

Ya'll should be super proud of me. I went to a basketball game, and brought a small gemara with me. Whenever the cheerleaders came out, I buried my face in the good book. I learned almost 2 blatt, felt a bit like a dork/weirdo frummie, but kept my eyes where they belonged! In the end I felt really good about it, b/c not only did I not look at the cheerleaders, I felt real good about myself so I didn't look at all the other stuff hangin out there that I shouldn't have been looking at. IT FELT GOOD, EVEN BETTER THAN WOODFORD!!!

HABA, you are the cannon!! ;D ;D

im sure you feel your spiritual ALIYA , as you clean for very long time so far BLI AIYN HARA TFU TFU TFU  .

the next time, say a few of holiness names and cause  some girls disappear ... you can also burn them by your mouth ... :D :D :D

LOVE YOU MAN !!!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 21 Jan 2010 23:45 #47651

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev wrote on 21 Jan 2010 20:31:

OK FREE ICE CREAM FOR ALL THE KIDS

CHALAV YISROEL

YOSHON CONE

OHH DUVI

YOU HAD FLAISHIKS FOR LUNCH

HERE NEM AH ICES!!

Nah papa i rather wait der zexe shoo'is fer der ice cream!!!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 22 Jan 2010 00:27 #47671

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Oops - With all the joking, I may have forgotten to say how incredible you are...which you already know, of course, but I'm just reminding you!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 22 Jan 2010 10:25 #47752

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
silentbattle wrote on 21 Jan 2010 16:52:

(reading zohar)..."so, this seems to be instructions for making a zonah disappear..." Hmm...

Next day newspaper headline "Sudden riot at MSG..."

SB, precious!!! I can't wait for the day!! If I would have used that at MSG, I would have taken out 30% of the crowd before I even got to page 2!

Hmmm... Zeir anpin, dachakal tapuchin kadishin... raza diyichuda shilimta...

Suddenly people start disappearing with a barely audible POP! and before you know it the arena is mostly empty and Haba looks up and says in a Steve Urkel voice "Did I do that?"

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 22 Jan 2010 10:27 #47753

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry!! Not mekabel!!! There aint nothing better than a shot of woodie!!! And thats that!! >
[/quote]

Oy, IM25, I'm afraid your absence has addled your mind a bit... wait! You mind was addled before you left!

Have a shot of Woodie on me my dear friend.

Pull another stunt like that leaving us again, we may just put you in a barrel of W and pull a moridin vi'ein ma'alin on you!!!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 22 Jan 2010 10:41 #47759

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 22 Jan 2010 10:27:

Oy, IM25, I'm afraid your absence has addled your mind a bit... wait! You mind was addled before you left!

Have a shot of Woodie on me my dear friend.

Pull another stunt like that leaving us again, we may just put you in a barrel of W and pull a moridin vi'ein ma'alin on you!!!
[/quote]Is this an official calling for an early purim?? Im into that. So long as you provide the drinks.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 22 Jan 2010 16:30 #47803

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
You brought a tremendous amount of kedusha there...and who knows - maybe being in your proximity will help them be better and dress a bit more tzniyusdik...anything's possible.

Keep on rocking, Haba, and have a great shabbos!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes