Welcome, Guest

Slogging Through the Muck
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Slogging Through the Muck 23553 Views

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 17 Jan 2010 11:07 #46208

• Halevi
  • Fresh Boarder
OneLife wrote on 17 Jan 2010 11:01:

hi HABA,
i think the stars number depend  on the posts number on the forums.
the more posts on the forum the more stars.

i read your  description of your feelings, and wonder if it isn't known for me from somewhere... 8)

I thought that too but quickly realised it can't be right. There are plenty of people with far more posts than I that only have one star to their name. I prefer to think it's because I'm a special - a star you might say!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 18 Jan 2010 05:27 #46452

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
It is definitely not related to the number of posts, there are people with over 1,000 posts and only one star, so if anyone has any idea what those stars represent, please let me know!!

(PS Halevi, you are undoubtedly a superstar!!! Don't let nobody tell you otherwise!!)

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 18 Jan 2010 07:14 #46475

• Halevi
  • Fresh Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 18 Jan 2010 05:27:

It is definitely not related to the number of posts, there are people with over 1,000 posts and only one star, so if anyone has any idea what those stars represent, please let me know!!

(PS Halevi, you are undoubtedly a superstar!!! Don't let nobody tell you otherwise!!)

haha thanks mate. You're an even bigger one evidently!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 18 Jan 2010 18:43 #46669

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
So what is the deal with the stars by the name? Anyone?

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 19 Jan 2010 01:32 #46793

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to hear that you're feelign better - it DOES feel great to get all that garbage away, and out in the open, right?!

I think the stars are related to how many posts you've got, just like your member status, but I also think it got reset, or something, when Guard did the "married status" thingie.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 19 Jan 2010 05:19 #46822

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
Interesting... Although I'm married, and Guard never put that by my name???

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 19 Jan 2010 17:12 #46949

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
I think he said that whoever wants access to that part of the forum needs to email him, so he can be reminded of who's married. And that's why you still have all your stars!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 19 Jan 2010 19:46 #46983

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
This reminds me, I once heard of a Torah vs. Science conference in EY. First to speak was Dr. Jastrow, grandson of the dictionary Jastrow, a noted astrophysicist. He gets to the podium, and says "Look, my specialty is Astrophysics, I don't know anything about Torah. But what I do know is that the whole Torah can be summed up by this phrase: 'Do unto others as you wish others to do unto you.'" Then he gives a whole drasha about how the world came into existence without a Borei Olam. So now Kovod HaTorah is hurting.

Up comes a Rabbi to the podium, whose name I can not remember, who says: "Thank you Dr. Jastrow for that very entertaining theory. Look, I'm a Rabbi, MY specialty is Torah, and I don't know anything about Astrophysics. However, what I do know is that all of Astrophysics can be summed up by the following phrase:

"Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, How I Wonder WHAT You Are..."

Kovod HaTorah had the last laugh THAT time!!

Hang in there, everybody!! Haba, OL, Halevi, SB - I keep davening for youz guys!! KUTGW!!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 19 Jan 2010 21:43 #47027

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
HABA, i'd like to tell you that almost all your posts in all threads are very very funny.  :D
a lot of sense of humor is in them.

keep on such work, i enjoy from that.  :D :D :D

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 19 Jan 2010 22:37 #47048

• humanbeing
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for your 30 day B-day present...How can I too get the married status by my name?...I'm sure getting the status changed is alot easier than actually getting married...

The Great Statesman Winston Churchill was once in a conversation with one of his outspoken female critics...She said to him as she passed him his drink...."If I was your wife I would have put poison into your drink"...To which he replied..."If I was married to you, I would have gladly taken the poison!"

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 20 Jan 2010 05:45 #47128

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Boys,

It's day 35 today, and I did have a lil slip the other day, definitely not a fall, but a surfing-for-a-good-time type of slip up, the kind that really gets you nothing (especially due to the fact that I have two filters, both K9 and Bsecure), but you end up feeling bad about... sort of like becoming fleishig for one piece of turkey roll and then being fleishig for 6 hours. You get minimal pleasure, maximum pain...

Thanks OL for your compliment, I'm much obliged....

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 20 Jan 2010 14:24 #47186

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
We mentioned you in yesterday's e-mail. Let that give you a boost!  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 20 Jan 2010 16:44 #47269

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Haba - in a way, that's a good thing...it reminds us that that's always the case - worthless, fleeting pleasure, and the results are SO not worth it.

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 20 Jan 2010 18:59 #47305

• bardichev
slip falll

whatever

keeeeeeeepontruckinnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Slogging Through the Muck 21 Jan 2010 07:32 #47405

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
Ya'll should be super proud of me. I went to a basketball game, and brought a small gemara with me. Whenever the cheerleaders came out, I buried my face in the good book. I learned almost 2 blatt, felt a bit like a dork/weirdo frummie, but kept my eyes where they belonged! In the end I felt really good about it, b/c not only did I not look at the cheerleaders, I felt real good about myself so I didn't look at all the other stuff hangin out there that I shouldn't have been looking at. IT FELT GOOD, EVEN BETTER THAN WOODFORD!!!
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes