Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 32129 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 31 Jan 2011 15:31 #95051

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm back Mr. Pickle.  hope your good as always!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Mar 2011 04:35 #99681

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
hi guys.

Just checking in to let you all know i'm alive and well. Over worked, but well.

Beracha V'Hatzlacha from the Pickle-man.

Gut Voch and Gut Chodesh!!

Steve
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Mar 2011 05:34 #99695

• bardichev
Steeeeeve??

Sounds so familiar

Steeeeve??

Hmmmmmmmm...

Re: Steve's Journal 07 Mar 2011 22:39 #100040

I miss you steve! but playing your voice over in my head gives me chizuk...

Re: Steve's Journal 07 Mar 2011 22:53 #100045

• bardichev
who ish shteeeeveeeee??

Re: Steve's Journal 09 Mar 2011 04:35 #100263

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Steve!

Re: Steve's Journal 09 Mar 2011 15:34 #100314

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Honestly, Mr. Mouse, you dont need re-runs, you can hear me on the airwaves anytime you want, 8:30-9:30 on AM. In fact, i'd love to have you make a cameo appearance! The airlift is waiting. (But dont expect to be paid).

Bardyboy, thanx for taking out the SIN in my name and replacing it with a SHIN. Nicest kick in the pants i've ever had…

Noya, thanx for saying HI. I'd rather be a Pickle, at least i can remain whole. But it's good to have friends to fall back on if i ever get into a Jam.

Words to the wise:

Always look up toward your Father in Heaven. Unless there is a flock of birds above you, in which case you look down, and watch your step.

No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: Steve's Journal 09 Mar 2011 15:36 #100315

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Hi, Steve! 

Re: Steve's Journal 04 Apr 2011 03:47 #103066

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Still alive. Still Kicking. Still can't believe i havent acted out in 475 days.

NOT TO SAY I HAVENT THOUGHT ABOUT IT. That's when i know i'm weaker in my recovery, that i'm slipping a little and have to go back to basics.

But I'm happy to report I passed a test last night that used to be impossible to live thru in the past without succumbing to temptation. Chasdie Hashem I lived thru it in a way that shows me my 'bechira point" has moved up a notch, and that particular circumstance will not be triggering to me anymore.

As the BBook says, if we remain spiritually fit, we can go anywhere where free men go without fear of succumbing to our addiction.

On another note, we are just 4 days away from docking into Port Freedom after our 17-18 week 12-Step cruise. And what a ride it has been! We have the most amazing crew of valiant sailors who are still sticking it out, bravely going into the 12th Step Stretch. They are truly an inspiration to me.

Steve.

Re: Steve's Journal 05 Apr 2011 16:54 #103187

• Dov
  • Administrator
Fantasico amiko!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Apr 2011 06:40 #103305

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Just checking in.  Sounds like you're doing really great there.

--Eye.

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Apr 2011 15:53 #103366

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hi Gang.

I'm excited about our docking the ship tomorrow after 17 weeks in another Voyage to Recovery in our DC Freedom Flotilla. BH, we've all had a tremendous amount of growth and clarity of perspective. I am so fortunate to be a part of this chevra.

Looking forward, the next 'cruise' will be leaving port either Monday, May 2nd or May 9th. Everyone is welcome to join - stay tuned for any updates in schedule or times of the calls.

I also want to point out a beautiful vort i wrote here before last Pesach, and the link to that Journal entry is below.

Kol Tuv - Steve.

www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=1372.msg59734#msg59734

Re: Steve's Journal 27 Apr 2011 16:51 #104552

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
A Zeesa Isru Chag to everyone!

Still hanging in here, unfortunately not so much time to visit here in the Forum.

Just staying thankful for each day clean. I definitely see that when I have ANY degree of anxiety, the desire to lust even in simple 'girl-watching" ops sneaks in. And now that spring is hear, the potential triggers are coming out of the woodwork. But like the ants that appeared in the kitchen due to the surprise heat on Acharon Shel Pesach, the trick is to SPRAY FIRST!! Cover the perimeter on the outside they they don't get in in the first place.

Sam Ting mit loost. The 12 Step Program teaches us how to become Spiritually Fit, and when I am, the triggers can wiggle by and i just won't care to focus on them. not white knuckling, boys, but BLESSED INDIFFERENCE. And I'm SOOOO thankful to Hashem for giving me of His strength to become Spiritually Fit!!

KOL TUV,

Steve

Last Edit: 28 Apr 2011 19:56 by .

Re: Steve's Journal 28 Apr 2011 19:55 #104640

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hi Y'all!

Hope your Yom Tov was filled with blessings and yeshuos from all your personal 'Mitzrayim"s.

Rav Dessler points out that LOVE is created by GIVING, not by taking. The more we GIVE to someone, the more we love them. So when in the Shema Yisroel we are commanded to love Hashem, how can we get there? By GIVING to Hashem. But how can we give to He who owns EVERYTHING? We read in Hallel - "What can i give to Hashem for all His kindness to me? The cup of salvation I will raise, and praise the Name of Hashem." All I can give back to Hashem is MYSELF - to try my best to be a good eved and son to him, and to "raise the cup" of my salvation by publicly praising him for his goodness and kindness to me.

To wit, I am overly thankful to Hashem Yisborach for this delicious milestone he has helped me reach, for by the Grace of G-d I have just reached 500 days clean and sober from the Big Bad M. And of course, I COULD NEVER HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT THE BOOSTER ROCKETS OF MY HIGHER POWER, YOU GUYS IN THE CHEVRA & THE GYE FORUM!

Every day is still a struggle to keep my eyes and my mind pure, but it's the struggle of recovery, B"H, and very rarely white knuckling (but to be honest, sometimes I have to get thru it that way still). B"H it's a reminder that I'm falling asleep at the wheel, and need to get back on course via Hashem and the Program Tools, before i careen off the highway and over the cliff.

May we ALL be zoche TOGETHER to give Hashem Yisborach the ultimate gift, to serve him with Kedusha and Tahara, to elevate our souls and fulfill His will always.

Kol Tuv,

Steve

PS - Next 12-Step Conference Call cycle is set to begin Monday, May 16, BEH"Y. Please join us for G6!!

Re: Steve's Journal 07 Jun 2011 07:52 #108286

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
How are you doing, Steve?

--Eye.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes