Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31539 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 14 Dec 2010 17:16 #89042

• bardichev
177 Guests, 47 Users (3 Buddies)

Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 14 Dec 2010 17:21 #89044

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
ok, bardy, 2 cryptic posts, and I'm lost. And I thought I understood Bardspeak.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Steve's Journal 14 Dec 2010 17:23 #89047

• d_teddybear
  • Current streak: 94 days
  • Fresh Boarder
bardichev wrote on 14 Dec 2010 17:14:

.

i'm speechless

Re: Steve's Journal 19 Dec 2010 05:30 #89670

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Good Voch, y'all. Very inspiring Shabbos. And the calls this week were phenomenal!! We really have a great bunch of guys on the early Bird cruise ship. I am so looking forward to growing together with this chevra. As Guard says, we are GROWING THE ARMY OF HASHEM!!

Two questions were asked this Shabbos -

1) Girls are bentched that they should be like the Imahos, Sara v'Rivke, Rochel v'Leah. Why don't we bentch our son's that they should be like the AVOS? Why did Yaakov Avinu insist on Ephraim and Menashe over the AVOS?

A) We Yiddin face our greatest challenges in this world either when things are going GREAT, and we are on top ("Yeshurim grew fat, and kicked"), or when things are going poorly for our neshamos and we are surrounded by Tumah. Ephraim and Menashe conquered BOTH nesyonos: They were sons of Royalty, and were surrounded by galus Mitzrayim, yet grew up faithful and connected to Hashem, worthy of becoming Shevatim themselves. That's what we Jews need when we go thru history.

2) If that's the case, why are girls NOT given the same beracha? After all, don't they have the same tests of emunah we guys do? Don't they need the berachos of surviving both Golus and Prosperity?

One A) Girls are not given that beracha cuz THEY DON'T NEED IT. Women are naturally more spiritual than men are, as they are inclined toward an emotional connection to all of life. It was the noshim tzidkonios that never swayed in Mitzrayim. Women are gifted this way. What they DO need is a beracha for MIDDOS TOVOS, those special qualities (chesed, anavah, vatronos and hodaah) of the Imahos, and and TORAS IMECHA, the loving way they implant their emunah into the children.

So we see a profound diff between genders. Men's challenges are EXTERNAL, in how we interface with the WORLD. Women's challenges are INTERNAL, in how they interface with THEMSELVES and their home. And now we understand more the Chazal that the union of marriage COMPLETES a MAN (not both), cuz WE men need to learn from what the women have, and they DON'T need to learn from what we have, cuz they have that already.

We men, especially us addicts, have gotten so caught up in externals that we neglected our emotional and spiritual connection to LIFE. We have reacted to the trials and tribulations of life with PAIN, because we forget that life is not supposed to go OUR way, it's going HASHEM's way. "Rabbos Machshavos B'Leiv ISH (not Adam), v'atzas Hashem hi sakum." We think it's up to US to put food on the table, to pay the mortgage, and we live with constant anxiety.

We need to fulfill the blessings of Ephraim and Menashe, and connect to Hashem by ACCEPTING his control of our lives and doing our BEST to build our kesher with Him. All the while staying clean from the enticements of pritzus and immorality, which we here at GYE are all striving for.

THEN we need to learn to be humble, GIVING, other-focused, ballei vatronos, and creatively looking for ways to be considerate of others. That's why we get married, to have a life's partner upon whom we can PRACTICE these middos and refine our character.

However, if you're still single, it's not an excuse to wait until you're married to become a nice guy….

Have a GREAT VOCH!

No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: Steve's Journal 19 Dec 2010 05:48 #89672

• d_teddybear
  • Fresh Boarder
to add to this, there are women who are s-addicts as well. but their addiction is sourced in emotional issues not lust.
steve this was so interesting= something to think about,..

Re: Steve's Journal 19 Dec 2010 12:43 #89683

• bardichev
Shteeeve

That was so profound

Its good u didn't keep it in the jar

It would havr gotten
"Far-pikkelt"

Re: Steve's Journal 19 Dec 2010 12:49 #89685

• d_teddybear
  • Fresh Boarder
bardichev wrote on 19 Dec 2010 12:43:

It would havr gotten
"Far-pikkelt"

and wrinkled. ichsah!

Re: Steve's Journal 20 Dec 2010 04:13 #89773

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
well, you two, don't just sit there like a LUMP on a PICKLE!!

'"Get thee to a Cannery!!"

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! I'm SOOO funny!!

Re: Steve's Journal 20 Dec 2010 14:56 #89795

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
good morning everyone!!

Have a GREAT WEEK!!

Re: Steve's Journal 22 Dec 2010 14:27 #90219

• an honest mouse
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
beautiful vort steve!

Re: Steve's Journal 24 Dec 2010 18:35 #90689

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Wishing all my heilige friends at GYE a delicious, Kedusha filled Shabbos Koidesh (ala Bardspeak…).

Let's keep looking for those A&W's - they are the Gateway to realizing how much Hashem is close to us and a part of our lives.

Re: Steve's Journal 26 Dec 2010 04:26 #90725

• Dov
  • Administrator
Happy pickle, Shteve!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Steve's Journal 27 Dec 2010 04:40 #90835

• bardichev
Shteev is it shnowing?

Make shure to shovel dee (12) shteps. It can be shlipperry an den shomevun vill shlip and datsh a shakunak

Shank you

Bardit-shev

(In shnovy bardshtown)

Re: Steve's Journal 27 Dec 2010 15:02 #90892

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
This aint just snow. this is NEIS-city. Besides the 2 ft fall and 4 ft drifts, the wind has been at work carving absolutely BEAUTIFUL miniatures of the GRAND CANYON around the trees and cars. Hashem is the worlds most excellent artist. Those stupid geologists who think all that strata means the world is billions of years old - look what H' can do in one night with snow! Whadayathink? He could do the same with the earth, just as easily.

Anyway, I'm very thankful i have kids who love to shovel while I have my coffee and host the Call. But now my excuses are over, so i gotta go pitch in.

hey Bards - any specials on Snow Cones today? And no jokes about lemon ones, OK?

Re: Steve's Journal 27 Dec 2010 16:36 #90898

• d_teddybear
  • Fresh Boarder
hahaha american's are such wimps - CANCEL THE SCHOOLS BAR THE DOORS WE GOT 2 FEET OF SNOW AAAAAAAAAAA rofl lmbo! i love u guys, come chill w/ me in my igloo
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes