Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31547 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 23 Jun 2010 04:37 #71777

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
I'll be the one that smells like a crunchy, classic vlassic.

Keep the hairs outa your nose, and you'll know when i get back.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 23 Jun 2010 09:41 #71788

• zalmandovid
  • Current streak: 8 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hatzlacha with all your work Steve!

Re: Steve's Journal 23 Jun 2010 13:07 #71809

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
KUTGW!!  Hope all is well with my favorite pickle.

Re: Steve's Journal 23 Jun 2010 16:55 #71833

• Yechiel
  • Current streak: 98 days
  • User
Steve, we'll be cheering you on (and you better not read this till July 1  >).

Re: Steve's Journal 23 Jun 2010 19:54 #71865

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hi guys!! I just HAD to post this today!!

Just wanna let y'all know that I did a face to face 9th step meeting today with a disgruntled client who never wanted to work with me again. On the phone first, I apologized for my part in not coming thru for him in the past, explained that i wanted to make amends, and asked him "what can i do to make it right". He was quiet for a moment, then agreed to meet with me and give me another chance. I davenned, my wife davenned, our kids davenned, I begged HKB"H to take away my fear, which was chocking me, and Hashem responded!! Now looking back, I realize I HAD NO FEAR during our meeting, and I wasnt haughty and over confident, I was just myself. Wowie!!

When we met, i showed him what BH was a winning proposal for him, and apologized again, and showed him how I was trying to make it right by all the work i did for the proposal after he had cancelled the job (that was real chancy, and I was prepared to lose all those hours).

Anyway, BH he warmed up to me, liked the proposal, and asked me to draw up a contract so he can give me a down payment. HASHEM IS GREAT!!

May Hashem give me the strength and fearlessness to pull this off,  and if the product sells well, then I will IY"H have months worth of similar products to create for him. At least now I know how I'm paying my July mortgage!!

And may our Father in Shomayim bless ALL his heilige children with siyatta d'shomaya, parnose tovah u'nikiyah, and yishuv hadaas to learn His Torah HaKedosha with menuchas hanefesh.

Thank You, Hashem, for this beracha for me and my family. May it be your will that all of my deeds be pleasing in Your Eyes.

Amen. Kein Yehi ratzon.

Now, back to the tar pits....
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: Steve's Journal 25 Jun 2010 06:36 #72128

• Dov
  • Administrator
More hatzlocha to you Reb Steve! Lucky to come away with an amends out of the way!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Steve's Journal 25 Jun 2010 06:50 #72136

• bardichev
Shteeev'eleh

Treren in dee oigen

(Tears in the eyes)

I am so happy for u

If you read this on july first

I said goood shabbos

Bardy

Re: Steve's Journal 01 Jul 2010 15:44 #72735

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
I'm BAAAAACK!!

I'm keeping it short right now, tho. I had typed a real nice post, and just before i hit "post", the GYE site went off my server for a few minutes and i lost it. HEY GUARD, what about a back-up system while we type?

Anyway, it's all a test. Missed you all, hope to spend a little time each morning and again at night here if i can.

Have a GREAT DAY!!

Re: Steve's Journal 01 Jul 2010 17:03 #72746

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ouch. Big hug, bro!

But the lesson you just shared with us is significant, as well!

Re: Steve's Journal 01 Jul 2010 17:58 #72753

• bardichev
Steve??

Steve???

Sounds sooo familiar

Hmmm. Steve. Stevve?

Where do I know that name from???

Re: Steve's Journal 01 Jul 2010 20:25 #72770

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
I am glad you back also. Welcome home again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים

Re: Steve's Journal 02 Jul 2010 16:20 #72860

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Thanx my friends.

Bards? Yo memory is suffering from too much woodford.

Time to switch into REAL man's liquor... like ammeretto.....

Here's a nice A&W moment for a Shabbos Gift: 

On the road this week, while driving I started nostalgically thinking about my the more "exciting" lustful moments of my "past" (before frumkeit). Then I stopped meself and said to meself: "Self," I said, "I really wish i had NEVER been exposed to this "fun" side of life, so that when confronted by lustful thoughts i would be able to turn away from them and say 'eeyew, ickypoo!' and not have to deal with knowing about them. But now that I DO KNOW, I am no longer in that parsha. I'm now in the parsha, like it says in the gemorrah, of responding 'I KNOW it is pleasurable, and even fun, but "What can i do?", my Creator has commanded me not to go there, not to experienced this anymore. I will refrain because it is the will of Hashem, my Creator. And therefore i will not even entertain the memories, for to dwell on them and enjoy them might weaken my resolve to serve Hashem as he requests of me."

So then i said some tehillim by heart while I drove, and asked Hashem to remove these lustful thoughts/memories from my mind, which He kindly did. Then, JUST A FEW MINUTES LATER I was spared from a VERY bad accident - while making a k-turn, i almost backed out of a driveway into an SUV going at about 50-60 mph. I noticed it coming at the last second and hit my break - mamash missed by maybe 1 ft.!!!

Naturally I was thanking Hashem again and again while driving home. I stopped at a light behind a car, thinking about how I'm not really davenning well with kavannah, not completely 'spiritually fit" as the program aims us to become, wondering how to motivate myself to get there. And, B"EMES!! when the light changed, i noticed the license plate on the car ahead of me, which read LETGODN - "Let G-d In", or "Let Go N Let G-D", which is DC's motto. (No, it was a NJ plate, not a Texas plate.) 

Now, if THAT"S not Hashgacha Produce, I don't know WHAT is!! Hashem is waiting for us, right there next to us, all the time, with his hand outstretched! All we need to do is to reach out and take it!! And then HOLD ON TIGHT FOR DEAR LIFE!!

Have a GREAT and HOLY Shabbos Kodesh, everyone!!  Bli neder, I'm gonna try to get to shul early, to daven better, and to learn more this Shabbos. Ulai it will rub off into the rest of the week!!

Re: Steve's Journal 02 Jul 2010 18:40 #72873

• bardichev
yess its coming back to me

something about pickles and lelly beans

woodford

yuppppppp

gevaldigggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

b

Re: Steve's Journal 02 Jul 2010 20:31 #72890

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
wow.

Re: Steve's Journal 02 Jul 2010 20:40 #72891

• Dov
  • Administrator
Wowee! Have a nice Shabbos, with no loads but Shabbos!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes