Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31590 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 24 Dec 2009 20:22 #37803

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
thank you for inspiring all of us. on the forum and on the call!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by g7658127.

Re: steve's journal 24 Dec 2009 22:04 #37823

• loi-misyaeish
Well steve i suppose it's a really great way of facing life, to be living one big life of chessed. So true about smiling. I really try to give everyone a nice bright smile and sometimes when i'm really feeling down, i meet someone and give him a nice smile, even i begin to feel better. I suppose it really helps. Loi-m
Last Edit: by yitzi623.

Re: Steve's Journal 24 Dec 2009 22:46 #37841

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 24 Dec 2009 19:17:

I am so thrilled to have two more New Friends, OneLife and Haba. And we're going to travel this road together. And thanx for your understanding posts!!

Waddaya mean steve?? I aint your friend?? :'( :'( :'( :'(

Keep on rocking. Your inner change is so obvious in your posts. Keep on smiling. Like this ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Last Edit: by bob959330.

Re: Steve's Journal 25 Dec 2009 09:06 #37957

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Steve wrote on 24 Dec 2009 18:48:

7 Up, thanx.

May I humbly suggest that you start planning NOW to join DC's calls next time. Don't be afraid - it'll be the best thing you could ever do for yourself. The program gets at the root, which is more about a better life, a life of serenity and closeness with HKB"H. It's a definite G-dsend, even if the daily grapple against shmutz is behind you. And it'll help protect you from falling in the future, C"V, when the going gets REALLY tough... hamaven yaven.

That's what I'm here for, that life, that future. And I can already see it, waving from the shore for me to come home...

Thanks for the suggestion Steve.
I am very seriously hoping to join this time around
It'll take major coordinating as its crazy hour / bed time here in Israel,
but no pain, no gain!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by moshe2006.

Re: Steve's Journal 25 Dec 2009 11:19 #37991

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Steve,

How is the Snowshovliner Rebbe Doing? I hope Day 11 is working out for you. I have a sleep issue too, I stay up super late (like now when it's 3:20 on the West Coast and I have at least another hour and a half before I can crawl into sleep) but I need to get up on time for the different responsibilities I have, so I end up killing my immune system by averaging 4.5 hrs a night, and then bang! I get really sick!!

Maybe as part of working together on our 90 (YAY!!), we can help each other get better sleep habits!!

Keep fighting the good fight!
HAba
Last Edit: by hodulhashemkitov.

Re: Steve's Journal 25 Dec 2009 14:05 #38036

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
have a super, calm, happy shabbos, steve!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by mmll.

Re: Steve's Journal 25 Dec 2009 21:52 #38101

• BecomeHoly
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Gold Boarder
Wow steve... very insipiring :-) More words do not do justice... so I will leave it at that :-)
Last Edit: by DeletedUser10486.

Re: Steve's Journal 27 Dec 2009 08:25 #38238

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YOU ARE SOMEBODY SPECIAL!!!
Last Edit: by mendyspanish1.

Re: Steve's Journal 27 Dec 2009 09:14 #38299

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Please READ and VOTE on this new poll I just created over here: rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=1427.0
Last Edit: by numero70.

Re: Steve's Journal 27 Dec 2009 09:28 #38309

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
hi, steve.
OK i'm laughing  ;D 
now i feel the endrophins....

keep the good work, we are at the same boat, and we have to take it to haven of rest,
together its easier.

Last Edit: by DeletedUser10754.

Re: Steve's Journal 27 Dec 2009 12:32 #38377

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
this is such a fun pace to visit - everyone says such nice things about me.

Thanx for the chizuk - sorry I couldn't post erev shabbos, but I did get a quick peek before i left work, and it was close enough to shabbos that it was a YH trying to get me to stop & reply. BH I recognized his trying to undermine my Shalom Bayis, and just left with a warm fuzzy feeling for all my friends, INCLUDING IT25!

Shabbos was a wet one, a nice slow rain all day/night that I recognized as H's chesed - a hard rain would have melted the snow into a big flood, the slow rain did it gently so the ground and sewers had time to absorb it.

Friday was Day 12, and I did my first Step 9 Ammends Call, but in person in the hallway after shul. Felt good, but not as releasing as I had hoped, cuz yennim was still on his soap box that i dissagree with. But that's about ME - my reaction to his over-zealousness about something - I tried hard to see it from his perspective, as if I were him. I succeeded a little bit, then I saw how wrong i was...

Gotta go.

More later, Im Yirtza Hashem Yisborach.

No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by mcaviel.

Re: Steve's Journal 27 Dec 2009 12:40 #38380

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Im so happy to see i made it into the pickle jar!! :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by spookyfire.

Re: Steve's Journal 28 Dec 2009 20:30 #39123

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Pickles n' Spice,

N' Everything Nice...

That's what little addicts are made of...

(well, whaddayaexpect from a guy who's been confused ever since he heard that the door was ajar...)

??? ??? ???
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: 28 Dec 2009 20:56 by testdeliv.

Re: Steve's Journal 28 Dec 2009 20:44 #39129

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You made me smile.  Hope you smile more then you frown.  KUTGW and keep making us all laugh!!!
Last Edit: by noyou.

Re: Steve's Journal 28 Dec 2009 21:17 #39134

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Steve,

Missed you on the call today!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by tala.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes