Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31546 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 11 Jun 2010 06:03 #70065

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Second of all nothing will happen to the canoe...yidden don't tip!

Yidden don't tip!!!.  ROTFL!

Oy, it so good to laugh till I jiggle.  Thanks you guys.

Hey
Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 11 Jun 2010 06:06 #70066

• bardichev
It took 3 days ..

Someone got it!!

Re: Steve's Journal 11 Jun 2010 14:09 #70124

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
WE'RE NOT ALL SLOW, Reb B, you just couldn't hear us groaning.

!daat, I'm with YOU man. Next stop, Jigglers Anonymous.

Have a wonderful shabbos, guys. A neighbor of mine is making a Shalom Zachor. Maybe i'll be lucky and see Woody there.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Steve's Journal 13 Jun 2010 07:50 #70261

• NeverAgain
Steve wrote on 10 Jun 2010 15:31:

I smell a hijacking going on...

Everyone, please have the flight attendants check your shoes for little wires sticking out.

OK, let's play What's My Line:

"Will the REAL TERRORIST please stand up?"

Why, he looks just like Kitty Carlyle in drag!!
Enough with this hijacking, guys!

Leave Chris Crocker alone!! Leave Chris Crocker alone, right now!!
Last Edit: 13 Jun 2010 08:00 by .

Re: Steve's Journal 13 Jun 2010 18:06 #70331

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Welcome back t the start of a new week, a new month, and the first day of the rest of our lives.

Personally, I'm not having the rest of my life today, I'm working.

Baruch Hashem, SOMEBODY wants to pay me something for the work I do.

Well, i'd better count my blessings before they hatch, cuz afterwards they might just fly away.

For now, i'm gonna keep concentrating on today's tefach.

C U Later.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: Steve's Journal 14 Jun 2010 22:43 #70659

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
B"H my new kabbolos are working so far, I got a lot done today.

KOT everrybody!!

Re: Steve's Journal 15 Jun 2010 19:56 #70837

• an honest mouse
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Im just dropping by to say thanks for your amazing story/idea that got put up in the email a couple of days ago - it really helped me today (if you wanna know how, you can see my thread in the 'break free' section.) I always thought of myself as thoughtful towards my wife and sensitive of her feelings, but hey - there must be something missing otherwise I wouldn't be addicted to lust. Your post really adds depth to it all and gives me an amazing new perspective. Thanks so much! Keep up your good work!

Re: Steve's Journal 16 Jun 2010 15:13 #70985

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hi everybody!!

This post from honest mouse really made a difference to me as well. Let me add this thought:

We Lust Addicts obviously have to do major teshuvah for all the M"Z we were ovir on, perhaps on every tipah v'tipah. How could we possibly correct YEARS worth of that? Hand in hand with charatah and 'letting go" of the chait, one way to get a kapparah that Chazal mention is through SWEAT from a mitzvah. Ameilos b'Mitzvos that comes with such physical exertion and passion allows every tipah of sweat to be a kapparah on the tipos zerah of the past. Chazal mention baking matzos, for example, as one of those mitzvos. And Passion in mitzvos and learning, INCLUDING PASSIONATELY HELPING ANOTHER STRUGGLER and inspiring their OWN PASSION is a big kapparah for aveiros committed thru passion.

Yet, another tremendous yesod that Honest Mouse made me realize - we here at the forum have been given by HKB"H a gevaldike opportunity: Every time each of us reaches out to give chizuk to another, sharing what has worked for us, and our words have an impact on another struggler that HELPS STOPS THEM from looking/falling/acting out and being MZ"L - EVEN IF IT JUST ONE TIME - is a TREMENDOUS KAPARRAH for OUR OWN PARALLEL AVEIROS as well!!

So it's REALLY TRUE, my friends, that when we help each other, we are also HELPING OURSELVES. Not just thru the mitzvah of Arvis, that we are all One and we all benefit from each other's mitzvos. But through direct TIKKUN and KAPARRAH MAMASH!!

So I suggest that when we offer chizuk and friendship to each other, we consider it also (not to take away from the chesed aspect) part of our PERSONAL TIKKUN, part of our own special AVODAS HASHEM YISBOPRACH. And we could offer a tefillah  that our words should help our fellow, and be a tikkun for us personally, for this life and for past gilgullim as well.

WHAT A GEVALDIGE CHESED THE RIBBONO SHEL OLAM HAS DONE FOR ME!! AND FOR ALL OF US!!

May we all be zoche to finalize our kapporos soon with korbonos in the Beis Hamikdosh, B'mihaira B'yomeinu!

Re: Steve's Journal 17 Jun 2010 02:13 #71088

• Dov
  • Administrator
Amen ve-Amen!!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Steve's Journal 17 Jun 2010 14:46 #71158

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Joost a qvik czek-in to zee eef de dancin' chas shtarted.

tsk tsk.

Y'all remember that Mrs Skinny Minnie I wrote 'bout earlier? Well, I tutor 9 yr old son, who was at the school bus stop this morning with his mom. I stopped to talk to both of them, and BH I was able to think of her as a person, this boy's mommy, not as an object of my desire.  I was mamash standing 3 feet in front of her, and did not even accept ANY lust bribes to look at her that way. The YH was knockin, but i just didn't answer. I knew I wasn't 100% "spiritually healthy" as we said on the DC cruise the day we departed for shore, so i took no chances and hardly looked at her face while I spoke to them, 99% of the time i looked at and focussed my attention on her son while we spoke (which made him beam like crazy).

While I was bent down to face him, I noticed her feet in her shoes, like I could see where the bottom of her toes didn't make it under the front of her shoes. I deliberately turned my eyes back to his face, realizing "a while ago I would have gotten hanaah just from looking at even that part of her - THE END OF HER TOES for crying out loud! Is that SICK, or what?! - well that was THEN, and this is NOW, and I am NOT going there!" And it didn't matter to me, it meant nothing to me, this "lost opportunity" to look at a part of a woman's body without anyone noticing. I felt a gevaldige moment of FREEDOM again from this stupid YH.

When I turned away to walk home, i felt REALLY GOOD about how I handled that, and much secure that I am on the right track of life.

Have a GREAT DAY, everybody!!

Re: Steve's Journal 17 Jun 2010 14:56 #71160

• bardichev
Not bad ,for a pickle flavor jelly belly

Here's a pshat I just thought for you

Schar aveira

The schar you will get from holding back from avaira

Kinegged hefsaida

Kinnegged reflects. The pain and work you needed to avoid it

Gevaldiggggggg!!!!

Re: Steve's Journal 17 Jun 2010 17:21 #71178

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
nice new perspective, bardo.

Thanx.

When are you comin over for a drink? I want to get pickled together....

Re: Steve's Journal 21 Jun 2010 21:50 #71596

• Yechiel
  • Current streak: 98 days
  • User
Hi Steve,

Needed a boost and thought I'd check out Steve's little corner of the world and what do you know, a regular Red-Bull it is. Thanks!

Re: Steve's Journal 23 Jun 2010 04:17 #71773

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hi Y'all.

Just checking in. YH is working overtime to get me sidetracked so I dont get my work done, which is suicide if I dont make certain deadlines by June 30. So, forgive me, but I wont be reading the forum or posting till after that. Gotta focus on work, family, and staying clean. Pray for me that Hashem gives me stength to fearlessly tackle my projects, every moment of the day, and to restore my parnose.

May HKB"H bless ALL your efforts, my heilige GYE family.

See you July 1 or 2!!

Re: Steve's Journal 23 Jun 2010 04:25 #71775

• bardichev
See you an july 1

Where and when??

How do I know its u

Do you wear a name tag that says I'm steve??

Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes