Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31555 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 30 Apr 2010 15:25 #63732

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Welly Welly Welly Well....

HAshem's really sending me some surprises lately. All good, all the time. I finally had one of those great mornings, where i woke up kinda more refreshed finally, even tho it was early for the hashkama minyan, but I'm enjoying a VERY positive attitude wave right now, BH.Looking forward to a wonderful shabbos, and a lot of time with the kiddywiddies.

Ladies and Germs (vaudville ref.), i recommend highly you look over Bardy's Gevalike vort on lag B'Omer posted on the Chizuk Email today. memorize it and tell it over to your families on Shabbos, or to your hosts. This idea is SO POWERFUL!! If we use our Kochos HaNefesh to serve Hashem with excitement and hislavus, we are finally using them for what they were GIVEN to us for. And we'll be mesaken on using those same kochos for tumah, rachmana l'tzlan.

gotta Go!!

THANK G-D I HAVE FOUND YOU, MY DEAREST GYE CHEVRA!! YOU ARE ALL SAVING ME RIGHT LEFT AND BACKWARDS!!

Habe the GREATEST of SHABOSIM everyone!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 30 Apr 2010 18:20 #63779

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Have a wonderful Shabbos my friend.

Re: Steve's Journal 30 Apr 2010 19:06 #63793

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
RebSteve, do you eat pickles with your chulent?

Re: Steve's Journal 05 May 2010 19:41 #63969

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Oh YEEEEESSSSSS!!! It's GOOD to be back!!

Thank you for striving 'round the clock for us perverts. Thank You!!

I think Guard is right again, we have an addiction to this forum, and BH we have have our Drug of Choice back. All we need now is a Bardy Fix.

Have to get back to procrastinating. Can't put it off any longer.

Be well, everyone!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Last Edit: 05 May 2010 22:33 by .

Re: Steve's Journal 05 May 2010 19:52 #63970

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Steve wrote on 05 May 2010 19:41:

Have to get back to procrastinating. Can't put it off any longer.

Why start procrastinating today, you can always start tomorrow!

Re: Steve's Journal 05 May 2010 20:35 #63988

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
"Tomorrow I will LIVE,
The Fool doth say,
Today's itself too late,
The Wise lived Yesterday!"

Re: Steve's Journal 06 May 2010 14:31 #64110

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hi gang. BH today is GREAT!! Lots of good things going on on the Call, we're really moving forward, and I'm all pumped to have us all live together in Recovery.

My diet and excerize program seems to be working - the scale doesn't run away from me anymore. Thank G-d. I'm tired of hearing "get off my back!" every morning....

Guys, did you know Shavuos is right around the corner? I feel so unprepared - Hashem has been sending me a gazillion messages that i should get back into a regular learning schedule. We want FREEDOM from lust, right? Well, as the writing on the Luchos teaches us, there is NO CHAIRUS WITHOUT TORAH!! The 12 Step program will help us get free to a certain extent, BUT WITHOUT TORAH we could never become FULLY FREE from our teivos and the yetzer hara. Some second-look urges have been getting stronger, and I need Torah nutrition to have the strength to fight them, using the tools from the 12 Steps.

So I'd better 'get on the stick" instead of 'making with the shtick" like i'm doing now.

I started by looking over Pirckei Avos during the weekdays also. Simple to read, small sized bites with a LOT of nutrients, and always accessible everywhere a siddur is found.

Kol Tuv everyone, have a GREAT DAY!!

Re: Steve's Journal 07 May 2010 15:38 #64286

• stevec613
  • Current streak: 4942 days
  • Senior Boarder
Steve,

Glad to hear that you are doing well

SC

Re: Steve's Journal 07 May 2010 17:20 #64298

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Thanx SC. Hopw you are well, too.

Not a lot of time to post today, just wanted to vinch everyone a GOOD SHABBOS!!

CHAZAK!!

Re: Steve's Journal 07 May 2010 17:30 #64300

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Good Shabbos buddy!

Re: Steve's Journal 09 May 2010 19:03 #64392

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hope all is well!! KUTGW!!!

Re: Steve's Journal 09 May 2010 20:58 #64415

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
hi guys.

Got thrown a little when my bookmarks sent me to the dumping grounds, took this slow pickle some time to figure out where the action is.

Hope everybody had a GOOD SHABBOS!!

Had a moment on Shabbos that would have used to been MAJOR RID food. My parents, they should live and be well past 120 years, stayed with us for Shabbos. BH my father was able to get up in the morning early for me to wheel him to shul. But as older people they take a long time to accomplish simple tasks, and taking care of getting him ready includes coffee and some cookies for him to eat before he leaves, and well, I knew I'd get us to shul at Borchu. I used to get tense from that, and my kids would see that tension. But instead, I took a deep sigh, and said to my oldest:
"What greater joy could there be in life to know that for a given period of time, you are doing EXACTLY what Hashem wants and expects you to do at that moment." Then and there, that was my job. Besides feeling honored to be taking care of my parents.

So once again, REALITY of LIFE doesn't change, but when PERSPECTIVE does, the reality doesn't hurt and lead to RID.

And thanx to that, guarding my eyes this shabbos was a lot easier than it could have been...

keep the FAITH, folks.

Re: Steve's Journal 09 May 2010 21:30 #64416

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
shkoyach Steve, thanks for sharing

Re: Steve's Journal 09 May 2010 21:45 #64418

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
That's beautiful Steve.

Re: Steve's Journal 10 May 2010 04:22 #64467

• Dov
  • Administrator
Thanks again, reb Shteve!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes