Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31573 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 17 Feb 2010 01:48 #53724

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
You guys are tooooo much!! Man I love you!

Been home since the BIG FREEZE, and been away toooooo long from here. Like I didn't know about the BUZZ GARBAGE that was done to our anonymity until SUNDAY NIGHT when tomim2B got in touch with me at 2 am and helped me fix it.

THREE CHAIRS FOR TOMIM....

HIP HIP. BAR STOOL,
HIP HIP, BEAN BAG,
HIP HIP, OLD MAN'S ROCKER W/ A POUCH OF WOODFORD ON THE SIDE...!

I'll be moving my equip back to my office 2morrow, so I'll be back to daily duty w/ uze guys soon. Couple of quick updates:

On the good side: I'VE BEEN GETTING WORK DONE, B"H!! Reached a good milestone with that project that I'm already 2 months behind in. But I think me AND my client are in a good place about it, so we keep moving forward.

On what I wish so much was a good side: Despite a world-wide effort, and despite a whole lot of good, sound, and logical reasons why it should have been postponed, the Gov of Florida went through today at 6pm with the execution of Martin Grossman, O"H. It is a very sad day for klal yisroel, that a brother lost his life. The legal system in America failed him, he was a victim of red tape and antiquated laws that allowed them to use him as an example, even tho he was not deserving of the death penalty at all. He should have been given life without parole, which is similar to the way the Torah would have handled it (ir miklat).

We should use this tradgedy to reinforce 2 things:

One, our belief that EVERYTHING is in HAshem's hands, and even tho up to the last second we fought as if it is Hashem's desire for his life to be saved, we must believe that once it is after the fact, it was Hashem's desire that he die at this time and in this way. It is NOT a stirah.

Two, we should improve our davening on behalf of Klal Yisroel, that people come to teshuvah and that HKB"H bring us Moshiach quickly. Once we can live as Yidden under Hashem's Torah Laws, we will have neither sorrow nor sighing, for there will be REAL JUSTICE in the land and for all of us.

MAy we be zoche to this soon, and in the lifetimes of our families and our friends.

Amen. Kein Yehi Ratzon.

A Gutte Chodesh.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 17 Feb 2010 02:34 #53733

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Steve,

Gut Choidesh to you too. What the heck is MABB?

Re: Steve's Journal 17 Feb 2010 05:17 #53742

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Steve,

Sorry I  missed your gchat respnose. Dont worry you'll be proud that the reaosn I wasnt there to respond back was becasue I was doing the most unbelievable thing. Its not secret so ill share it with you. I WAS OSEIK BETORAH!! Sorry I left my computer on I usually shut it off when I go to night seder.

All the best!

-Yiddle

P.S. MISHENICHNAS ADAR MARBIM BESIMCHA!!!

Re: Steve's Journal 17 Feb 2010 11:39 #53762

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey steve wad up?? Yeah i know the skys but what else?? Drinking yet?? nu what happen to alleh der hachunehs?? Eh??

Re: Steve's Journal 17 Feb 2010 13:42 #53806

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
NOYA wrote on 17 Feb 2010 02:34:

Hey Steve,

Gut Choidesh to you too. What the heck is MABB?

NOYA, I don't know. I'm "stymied!" Go ask Bards & get back to me.

I'll check in w/ y'all later....

No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: Steve's Journal 17 Feb 2010 14:35 #53811

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep on trucking!!

Re: Steve's Journal 17 Feb 2010 16:01 #53831

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to have you back, Reb Steve!

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Feb 2010 08:31 #53999

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Steve wrote on 17 Feb 2010 01:48:

Like I didn't know about the BUZZ GARBAGE that was done to our anonymity until SUNDAY NIGHT when tomim2B got in touch with me at 2 am and helped me fix it.

Hey Stevo,

How you been my man? What are you talking about the buzz done to our anonymity? Could you please send me a PM about that?

Thanks and keep on fighting the good fight, we are so close I can smell 90 already... and it smells like a good steak, medium rare, with Montreal Steak Seasoning lathered liberally all over it....

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Feb 2010 10:45 #54012

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 18 Feb 2010 08:31:

and it smells like a good steak, medium rare, with Montreal Steak Seasoning lathered liberally all over it....

rare ?  ??? 

medium-well!!!

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Feb 2010 12:24 #54031

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Steve, how's it going?
Last Edit: 18 Feb 2010 12:26 by .

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Feb 2010 15:48 #54063

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve,  hope all is well with you today.  KUTGW!!

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Feb 2010 16:17 #54072

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
OneLife wrote on 18 Feb 2010 10:45:

habaletaher wrote on 18 Feb 2010 08:31:

and it smells like a good steak, medium rare, with Montreal Steak Seasoning lathered liberally all over it....

rare ?  ??? 

medium-well!!!

Oy vey...Reb OL, I love you. But when it comes to steaks, I think you need me to make a good one for you. Steak is supposed to be eaten either medium-rare, or possibly even rare. At most, medium. You might not like the look of the red, but 1)it taste betetr that way, and 2) it's much more juicy and tender. The more you cook it, the more tough it gets.

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Feb 2010 16:53 #54092

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Good Mornink, people!

Haba, I sent you a PM response to your question about Gmail & the Buzz. I urge anyone who did not take care of this problem to do so immediately, thru contacting Tomim2B. He can help you fix it in just a few minutes.

SB, you're right, as my tastes have refined I'm liking my steaks better just under Medium. One day when my grill isn't covered in snow, I'll invite y'all to a BBQ. I make a mean Honey-teriyaki steak sauce...

Sci, I looked over what you wrote in your Journal's pages 15-17 about MM. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you at the time. May Hashem fill your loss.

I'm having very mixed emotions right now. Struggling over financial constraints is putting a lot of tension between me and my wife. I have to work very hard to get out of these doldrums.

I HATE MONEY AND THAT I AM DEPENDENT ON IT TO SURVIVE.

I wish I was on the madrega that Hashem would support me with Manna, let my clothes grow with me (did they diet in the Midbar?), and there would be no tuition payments or mortgages.

Some of you think I've got the system beat, that I'm over the lust issues, and I'm fine. WRONG. It's back there, looking to rear it's ugly head. When I'm down or just not B'Simcha, or unproductive, I see it tempting me, poking me with little slip offers here and there. Even tho i see it for what it's worth, self-indulgence and to numb my self pity, it's trying to get to me. I've felt the need to PHYSICALLY turn away, shake my head to get rid of thoughts, run to a different room than the one I was tempted in, say NO out loud to my YH, think that I've got to hold strong for all of you who are counting on me, and mostly for myself. I KNOW like I believe in Hashem that if I give in to lust even a little, I will not be able to stop myself, or my YH will bombard me with ever lower opinions of myself again.

I WILL NOT GIVE IN!! HASHEM PLEASE CONTINUE TO GIVE ME THE STRENGTH TO RESIST!!!

I look at all of you, and right now more Sci, and I see levels of honesty and integrity I have yet to attain. and I wonder if I can be as brave as you to walk away from the distracting Yetzer Haras of procrastination and sloth, get over my fears of making/breaking it, and live my life to the fullest the way Sci describes. I always tell everyone else to be positive, find the good, but I am having a very hard time living up to that myself.

I guess I just have to get out of this "funk". I'm gonna add some chocolate to my coffee, and get back to work. Daven for me, please. I need a lot of help...

Last Edit: 18 Feb 2010 19:50 by .

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Feb 2010 18:10 #54118

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Absolutely davening for you, my friend.

I'm glad to hear that you're not "over" the issue of lust - because if you thought that you were, then we'd have a real problem!  :D

Steve, I hope you're serious about that barbeque offer, because I'm ready to take you up on it!! ;D

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Feb 2010 18:31 #54131

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve if you were trying to be honest, that was a very very good start!!!!
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes