Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31574 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 07 Feb 2010 21:28 #51766

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Bardy, don't forget to clean the snow on top of the truck. You'll get a ticket if you don't.

Oh, and u can tell the cops next time that you weren't drinking the Woodford on the front seat, you were saving it in case you ran out of gas. That stuff burns better than most fossil fuels. I know. I've tried them all.....  :D
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 07 Feb 2010 21:30 #51768

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I actually got about the 1st 22 minutes...it kept cutting out on me (though that might've been my phone) - then I had to go into my therapist's office, so I hung up. So, if you get hold of the mp3 file, please let me know!

Re: Steve's Journal 09 Feb 2010 17:04 #52221

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve, or pickle man, how you doing today? 

Re: Steve's Journal 09 Feb 2010 20:01 #52249

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hello, gang.

Special Kudos go out from me to Sci1977 and SB, to special Jews who have shown me what it takes to care about one's fellow man.

Also, if anybody wants's so see some REAL INSPIRATIONAL posts, pay a visit to Sci1977's thread on 'how he got here,' over in Break Free. His Dear John letter to his past should become required reading, like the Handbooks (which BTW i STILL haven't read, so it just goes to show you...). And his Cheshbon Hanefesh, his introspection, is done in such a POSITIVE light, I am remarkably inspired, and i think all of us here could learn that positive way of thinking from Sci.

Have to get back to work now. Lost some time over the last few days, the slowly melting pile of snow on my roof started leaking through the ceiling of our guest room, right over where my Mom-in-law is supposed to sleep this Shabbos. I've got 4 separate buckets in there right now. And until things thaw and dry out, I cant find the cause, or even seal anything. And another 12-18 inches is expected tonite!! i'm gonna have to bring my work computer home. And it's heavy.

Cheerio.....
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: Steve's Journal 09 Feb 2010 20:03 #52251

• humanbeing
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to see your getting some excercise...Hey Sci...Can you repost that letter do I can find it easier.

Re: Steve's Journal 09 Feb 2010 20:18 #52257

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
HB, just go back to a GYE Chizuk Email # 698 - Feb 1st.

Re: Steve's Journal 09 Feb 2010 23:02 #52324

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
STEVELEH AH STEVELEH! Happy to see your doing something productive foronce like shoveling out my rebbe from his home. Careful though he may pay you with woodford, and i dont think your wife would like that would she??

Re: Steve's Journal 09 Feb 2010 23:35 #52335

• bardichev
Steve some towns have southeners. That can shove for u
Its not mucho dinaro

Re: Steve's Journal 10 Feb 2010 06:02 #52378

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
My whole family enjoys shoveling. Snow, that is....

We like to get out in the cold, sweat a little, come back in for hot cocoa and a game of Bananagrams or Rummykub.

We do a lot of family games together, even have pingpong and a miniature pool table.

So a winter day off is a good thing, but I'm prob gonna work thru it anyway. Brought this here work Mac home, so when I'm snowed in tomorrow I can still go strong.

And speaking of strength, i figured out why the Stupor Bowl is sponsored by Doritos.

Cuz in the locker room, when those guys take off their shoes, the place smells like corn chips.

Hameiven Yaaven. NEEEEHHHHBUCH!!!

Re: Steve's Journal 10 Feb 2010 08:47 #52422

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Stevo,

Howz my favorite pickle doing? A pickle never minds a lil bit of the white stuff! Just add some more salt to the brine and it all disappears!

You are one of the pillars of this community and may G-d bless you with a crunchy sound and a bold flavor for all that you do!!!

Keep on Marchin!

Re: Steve's Journal 10 Feb 2010 12:22 #52433

• humanbeing
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Mega Dittos...V'hamaivin Yavin.

Re: Steve's Journal 10 Feb 2010 14:34 #52452

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve, how is the snow today?  Sorry for keeping you up late last night.  Had a little bit of writers block.  I knew what I wanted to say but just couldn't get it out of my fingers.

Thank you for reading my thread.  I posted something a while back and not sure if you got to read it but wanted to share it again.  I am a huge fan of reading your own thread.  It shows where you were and where your headed.  It is the best source to feel positive about what you have done.  If you read your thread especially you will find this internal light bulb will go off.  We help others but the best thing we do here is help ourselves. 

With an utmost respect and love.  BTW, the other night at dinner we had pickles and I started to laugh to myself, Steve would want one of these. 

Re: Steve's Journal 10 Feb 2010 16:23 #52478

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
OK, if i do a 90 day thingie, I've gotta get pickles, 7up, and woodford...and of course, chocolate cake. Not because because it reminds me of anyone on the forum, just because it's good. :D

Steve, reading about your family intereactions is always so inspiring! Thank you!!

Re: Steve's Journal 10 Feb 2010 18:49 #52539

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
STEVE,
just tell you that i love you,
and to remind you that i'm clean for already  58 days because of you!  :D :D

after 120, you will see your  big share in the olam haba   (not our HABA  :D) because of that.

HKB"H lo mekapeach schara shel af bria

KOT!!

Re: Steve's Journal 10 Feb 2010 21:06 #52563

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve enjoy the snow while i enjoy the great weather here in the holyland!

Family shmamily. I bet you would trade a snow day for a sunny one on any day!!
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes