Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31577 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 03 Feb 2010 18:49 #50965

• humanbeing
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh goody goody gumdrops! Remember Hashem Loves You!! You wouldn't still be alive today if he didn't!!

Oh! you call that short?! -  about fifty words to say HI    :-*

Thank God you speak/write alot...There is so much wisdom in your writings. You're a billionare when it comes to the things money can't buy.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 04 Feb 2010 10:49 #51105

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 03 Feb 2010 16:00:

imtrying25 wrote on 03 Feb 2010 11:59:

Do have to be honest i like the shortys more than the longies, but i like them all!!

Oh goody goody gumdrops! I'm a shorty, too, so now you HAVE to like me!!!

I think he meant short posts, not short people.

Re: Steve's Journal 04 Feb 2010 10:52 #51106

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
I LIKE CHEESE!

Do you?

Re: Steve's Journal 04 Feb 2010 11:38 #51110

• BecomeHoly
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Steve. Just saying hi - you've been an inspiration to me, even though I lost touch w/ you.... kutgw! I see you're doing very well... I hope to be right behind you :-)

Reply on my log just in case I forget to check yours :-)

Re: Steve's Journal 04 Feb 2010 12:04 #51113

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Momo wrote on 04 Feb 2010 10:49:

Steve wrote on 03 Feb 2010 16:00:

imtrying25 wrote on 03 Feb 2010 11:59:

Do have to be honest i like the shortys more than the longies, but i like them all!!

Oh goody goody gumdrops! I'm a shorty, too, so now you HAVE to like me!!!

I think he meant short posts, not short people.

I KNOW that, silly, I was just trying to force him into a corner by "running rings around him, logically"...
(BTW, 10 GYE points for anyone who can figure out the reference. Hint: Penguin)

Momo wrote on 04 Feb 2010 10:52:

I LIKE CHEESE!

Do you?

I liike cheese, too, but when it's served, I prefere to be the one that cuts it....

Have a SUPER-FANTASTICO DAY everyone!! Let's get some WORK done around here!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Steve's Journal 04 Feb 2010 12:13 #51116

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 04 Feb 2010 12:04:

I liike cheese, too, but when it's served, I prefere to be the one that cuts it....

LOL. It was begging for someone to write that...
Have a good one Steve!

Re: Steve's Journal 04 Feb 2010 18:17 #51213

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep on rocking, bro!

Re: Steve's Journal 05 Feb 2010 10:20 #51386

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oy steveleh oy steveleh oy yoy yoy steveleh! Shabbos is on its way. LOOK OUT!! you dont want o get hit too hard!

Penguin shmenguin!   :-* :-* :-*

Have an awesome shabbos.

Oh and btw i noticed you checked in have you checked out yet??   :D :D

Re: Steve's Journal 05 Feb 2010 20:01 #51497

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Wishing everyone here a GREAT SHABBOS.

PLease don't worry if I start limiting my posts for a few weeks. I will be clean, and I'll keep updating my chart, but my love for all you guys here on this Holy Forum, and my desire to stick my nose in all over the place, has lead to a new addiction. GYE FORUM ADDICTION. I need to throw some cold water on my face, and limit myself to just posting here for a while, and resisting the temptation to follow everybody's threads for as long as it takes to break free from that addiction. I know I will suffer by not reading the gevaldige chizuk that everyone posts to each other, but i am hurting myself, my family, and those clients who count on me to produce for them. There is NOTHING WRONG with the Forum, the problem is within me, in that i run away from facing what i fear about my work and abilities, and escape to spend hours on the forum. I hope that by March I'll find how to balance both, but for now, I must limit myself drastically. At least it's better than leaving the forum completely.

Please all keep in touch with me by visting here. If you need me, or if i could be of service to anyone you know who's calling out, let me know here or PM me, please. I couldn't bear to see that someone suffered when I could have helped in my small way.

Stay strong, all my Holy Brothers. Have a GREAT SHABBOS!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Feb 2010 21:19 #51557

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
We will miss you steve. You know every group of guys has to have a sour pickle!!!!

Anyways like i alwys say. Its hard for us when you leave but it makes it so much easier knowing your doing it to help your growth!!

Keep on growing my pickle!!

Shavua tov!!

I wuv yoo!!

Re: Steve's Journal 07 Feb 2010 03:16 #51622

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I hope you find the balance you need, and that you grow from it!

We will all miss you, obviously. Actually, if you could find time to share your thoughts on my recent post about the program that I'm trying to build for myself, I'd appreciate it...you replied to my last post about it, but this one is a bit more concrete as far as plans go.

Re: Steve's Journal 07 Feb 2010 06:15 #51651

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
We'll miss you Steve.

Always thinking of you.

I have GYE balance issues too. I usually take a step back for a few days, then return.

By the way, you don't have to follow everyone's threads. You can pick your favorites and follow those (Me! Me! Please!!!  ;D)

Shavua tov!

Re: Steve's Journal 07 Feb 2010 20:20 #51736

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
A HAPPY SUNDAY TO ALL!!

B"H I got to join in Rabbi/Dr. Fish's conference call, unfortunately I got to join about 22 min. into the call, so when i got on I was a little lost. i hear it was recorded, and I hope to get my hands on the mp3 file to hear what I missed. The end of the call had some cool meditation excersize, which was very helpful. The relaxation also paid off in other ways, like relieving my worn muscles after all the digging out we Eastern Sea-Borders had this weekend.

Funny thing, DC had asked me to do a mini-inventory (that's a 4th & 5th Step thingy for you plebes) and have it ready to speak to him on Sun. Then it snows over 2 feet, so there's no time to have it ready for when we had planned. Last time, which was for the ACTUAL 4th & 5th Step work in the middle of our 12-Step program call, it ALSO snowed over 2 feet the night i was supposed to finish preparing my worksheets, preempting my ability to be ready for our 5th Step appointment.

I asked DC NEVER to ask me to do Step 4 & 5 again. I'm afraid of making a chazakah!!

I was down & out on friday, as you can see it prompted my last post. I tend to be too hard on myself. DC, as usual, had great advice: If you can't be happy or have a positive attitude right this second, then FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT. So i did, and it worked. in fact, a good friend of mine who is a psychotherapist, asked me Leil Shabbos why i was in such a good mood, and i answered him "cuz i'm faking it till i'm making it!" He laughed more than i did.

I'm still gonna keep to this thread, even tho i am SOOOOOO tempted to pop in EVERYWHERE, cuz I'm determined to stop making excuses and to focus on my work and a few directions of improvement. So MOMO, SB, HB, BH, OL, HABA, IT25, BARDY, RAGE, TG, SCI-whenever, STEVIE-C, YDDLE, YCHIDA, 2B, and all you other assorted nuts & bolts, please know that i am DAVENING for your success and continued growth b'ruchniyos (and Gashmiyos). You know where to reach me if you need me, here or via PM.

Hang in there, and as IT put it so nicely, I WUV U. All of you.

TTFN

(Ta-Ta, For Now....) [reference: Tigger]

Re: Steve's Journal 07 Feb 2010 20:25 #51738

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Good luck on finding a balance.  We will miss you!!  KUTGW!!!

Re: Steve's Journal 07 Feb 2010 20:31 #51740

• bardichev
STEVE

SHOVEL ME OUT!!!
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes