Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31578 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 28 Jan 2010 18:56 #49203

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to hear that you're feeling better -0 and even gladder to hear that you feel better on a deeper level, and thank hashem!

Have a great day!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 28 Jan 2010 21:48 #49265

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
It's NOT control - it was BLESSED INDIFFERENCE!!

The most freeing feeling in the whole world, isn't it?
I cant tell you how happy I am for you Steve.
May the battle always be in the past tense.
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: Steve's Journal 28 Jan 2010 22:38 #49286

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey ya steve?? Did you here Watson is getting alot quicker these days than Sherlock?? You know why?? Cuz watson drinks redbull!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Do you??

Re: Steve's Journal 29 Jan 2010 18:13 #49626

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
I'm Trying:

PLEASE TRY HARDER.

Have a GREAT SHABBOS, Y'all!!

BTW almost back to myself.

As we used to say in the Bowery,

"Slugs and Misses,"

Steve.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Steve's Journal 30 Jan 2010 20:44 #49665

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry papa dont get it! So happy you pulled yourself out of bed to say hello. The bedbugs were feasting you know. They were actually thinking of opening a restaurant. Steves!   :D

Re: Steve's Journal 30 Jan 2010 22:45 #49709

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
hi steve,
if there are no news its great.
i see you doing good,

and just remind you that the deal between us was your idea, and it absolutely saved me sometimes.

thank you man, im grateful to you.  8) 8)

SHAVUA TOV!!

Re: Steve's Journal 31 Jan 2010 20:52 #49944

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hi GANG!!

I'm back from sickbay.

You can all visit Momo's thread to see my cartoon "vort" for the day, and while you're there, drop him a line to let him know we're all praying for him. He's one of the bravest of the heros on this forum and he's been through a lot lately. So let's all pick him up. G-d knows how many times he's done that for so many of us, and now it's OUR TURN to be there for him.

see ya in the funny papers...

Kol Tuv!!

PS - OL and HABA, I'm still in the lead at 48/49 days. You two still hanging tough?!! Oh, and IT - "You wan' a piece of me?" - your first meal at our new restaurant in ON THE HOUSE.  :D :D :D ;D
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: Steve's Journal 31 Jan 2010 22:03 #49968

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
You should know, the last time someone offered me an " on the house" he never paid up!!!! > > > > > > > > > >

And btw are you a gherkin??? Cuz me HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE GHERKIN!!!

Re: Steve's Journal 01 Feb 2010 05:31 #50095

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Howz my favorite pickle doin?

I'm still with you, but came within a hairbreadth of losing it, this deal with you me and OL is really a huge huge help for me, so don't you fall away here, or we're gonna have to open all your bumps to expose the raw flesh and pickle you in a barrel of habaneros!!!

Re: Steve's Journal 01 Feb 2010 07:53 #50119

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 31 Jan 2010 20:52:

Hi GANG!!

I'm back from sickbay.

You can all visit Momo's thread to see my cartoon "vort" for the day, and while you're there, drop him a line to let him know we're all praying for him. He's one of the bravest of the heros on this forum and he's been through a lot lately. So let's all pick him up. G-d knows how many times he's done that for so many of us, and now it's OUR TURN to be there for him.

see ya in the funny papers...

Kol Tuv!!

PS - OL and HABA, I'm still in the lead at 48/49 days. You two still hanging tough?!! Oh, and IT - "You wan' a piece of me?" - your first meal at our new restaurant in ON THE HOUSE.  :D :D :D ;D

Glad you're feeling better.

Thanks for the call-out.

49 days! Wow! Momo's proud of you, son!

Thinking of you.

I wuz here.

--Momo

Re: Steve's Journal 01 Feb 2010 16:06 #50171

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Momo wrote on 01 Feb 2010 07:53:

I wuz here.

--Momo

Fuzzy Wazzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he? 

Just jumped into this here pool (actually, GYE is a lot like a Mikveh) to wash off some of the filth, comin' up clean again. BH my resolve's still holdin', tho for some reason I found it harder today to avoid a second look at someone. Practicing what i learned, I looked into myself to see what is bothering me, what am i resenting right now that i needed to distract myself with escaping into a quick voyeur. And whaddayaknow, I found them. Stupid things like a disagreement with my wife over whether to buy cheap or lease a car to replace my jalopy that went brokey, and important things like how to motivate my Dad to do his therapy. So again, another proof to the Living in Recovery System, that once i uncover the root cause, the DESIRE to look is removed from me. I MUST remember to follow this path anytime i get the wrong urges. Then, instead of white knuckling it, I get to sigh and move on.

Will this method work for most people who haven't gone thru the 12 steps yet? I would like to think so. But on the other hand, maybe it works for me because I BELIEVE in the approach, that it WILL WORK because I have seen how it fits in with my new philosophy of life with this addiction. It also helps that once I gave it a good chance, I've experienced that it DOES work.

Have an AWESOME day, everyone.  Keep the FAITH!!

Re: Steve's Journal 01 Feb 2010 17:09 #50184

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
KUTGW!!!

Re: Steve's Journal 01 Feb 2010 18:12 #50200

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Tahnks, Steve - important points for everyone to think about.

And whether or not it immediately removes the temptation, it still points us in the right direction, shows us what we need to work on anyway!

Re: Steve's Journal 01 Feb 2010 20:10 #50233

• humanbeing
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I LOVE STEVE SO MUCH ..YEAH!!! oH ..HE'S ALWAYS THERE FOR ME...STEVELE IS TRULY THE BEST....I HAVE HOPE/BECAUSE OF STEVE...[/size]

AND HASHEM WHO PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH HIM!!! (STEVE - PUT THAT TO YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC TRACK AND SING IT FOR ME)

Re: Steve's Journal 01 Feb 2010 21:17 #50252

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow steve! 2 points for you. A pickle getting so much attention?? Wow!!
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes