Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31579 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 20 Jan 2010 19:35 #47311

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve,

First, hope you feel better.

Second, kudos for not going to the party. It takes a real man to man up to yourself, and you did it, with Aces! Thanks for being a great example for how all of us should behave.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 21 Jan 2010 12:12 #47427

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
IT25 SCREAMING; STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE

Re: Steve's Journal 21 Jan 2010 13:08 #47448

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
I'm sorry, I didn't hear you....

Hearing aid batteries must be low again...

wait... I ...T....2....5... ?

HEY!!! IT25 IS BACK!!

WHOOPPIIEEEE!!!!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Steve's Journal 21 Jan 2010 14:17 #47464

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
STEVE,

Have a great day filled with connecting to Hashem. and thanks for everything!

-Yiddle

Re: Steve's Journal 21 Jan 2010 15:39 #47480

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
OK, OK, I've gotta get off reading thru this forum and get to work. The old fear is setting in that is trying to tell me i'm not good enough at what i do. BUT I KNOW IT"S WRONG. And I can't get even better if I dont keep working.

So back to work for 2day. I'll sign in later & let everyone know how 2day went. Daven for me that this pickle stays whole, and doesn't get cut into sandwich slices!!

Later...
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: Steve's Journal 21 Jan 2010 15:44 #47483

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Steve wrote on 19 Jan 2010 19:10:

Anyway, made a decision recently, not sure if it was right, but it felt right for me then. A friend, not so close, but a good man & major askan in our community, made a l'chaim for his daughter's engagement. Normally, I would have gone to give him a mazal tov. But I realized, even tho his family are bnei aliya b'ruchniyos, his wife and daughter dress very attractively, plus the kallah herself is, well, gorgeous, according to her pic on Facebooks which my wife showed me. I haven't seen her in years, but she was good-looking as a teen & made friends with the crowd that dressed less sniyusly. I decided NOT to go, thinking "why should I put myself into that nisayon" of avoiding looking at all the pretty young women, who most likely will be dressed in ways that make one WANT to look. As Habib and Trying taught me, I'm not talking against them, I hope they are working on themselves despite the influences of fashion. I'm just recognizing it's MY problem, and question if am I stronger than the nisayon or not? And rather than "test" myself, i decided it's best not even to "engage" the enemy.

Good move Steve - this event does not sound like it was a good place for a nice Jewish boy to hang out!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Steve's Journal 21 Jan 2010 16:07 #47490

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 21 Jan 2010 13:08:

I'm sorry, I didn't hear you....

Hearing aid batteries must be low again...

wait... I ...T....2....5... ?

HEY!!! IT25 IS BACK!!

WHOOPPIIEEEE!!!!!
Are you trying to poke fun at this bebble?? Huh? You wisecrackin wippersnapper!!

Is this better??

STEVE

Re: Steve's Journal 21 Jan 2010 16:18 #47497

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Roar, Shmoar, at least we don't BOAR!!

Good to have you back, my friend, KOT!!

Re: Steve's Journal 21 Jan 2010 21:49 #47601

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
steve,
please let me in your thread to say to IMTRYING that he is a
bomb.

and you too 

love you gever!!

Re: Steve's Journal 21 Jan 2010 22:03 #47606

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
OL, the BEST BOMBS are BOMB KASHES!!  Man, i miss yeshiva....

Well, folks, good ol' YH did it again to me, and I didn't get my work done, not even a little. Spent too much time on other issues. It's all the procrastination thing.

THAT'S my big struggle now. To believe in myself, and just nail that project.

Maybe I should make my own chart for this, like Slips are getting sidetracked for less than 5 min, and Falls are ones that go longer.

Thinking about that is pretty scarry. It would be a BIG challenge. Hmmmmmmm.......

Re: Steve's Journal 21 Jan 2010 22:40 #47615

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve your always welcomed back to the warm confines of the yeshiva walls! :D :D

Slip shmip. Keep on pickleing. Not too sour though! :D

Re: Steve's Journal 22 Jan 2010 00:33 #47674

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve, we love you!

And we know that you're constantly working and improving...

Re: Steve's Journal 22 Jan 2010 08:35 #47735

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve?? The forum is too smooth. Mind rockin it for a few minutes.

Have a Great Shabbos. You really are mechazek me. Although your posts are a little bit too long for this senior citizen i try and take what i can!

Re: Steve's Journal 22 Jan 2010 10:30 #47754

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Steve? Long?   

Re: Steve's Journal 25 Jan 2010 00:47 #48173

• humanbeing
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve,

I'm going to talk to myself....You can listen in if you want to...

Stop feeling that you and your work are that important...that you have to put your whole head and heart in it....Yigia Kapecha davka....Of Course if you feel like the success of your work (as we have been trained by our parents, Americnanishe ZTudraite Society etc.) is what will define your worth as a person...Then work becomes like trying to cross a board that 1000 feet up with no safety net...Crossing a board ain't to hard but if your whole life is at stake then we suddenly close up and find every excuse to not do it....because it's terrifying....

The board is not up in the air it's on the ground...The fact we were born and we are still alive means that Hakadosh Baruch needs us...kivayochol...Thatt's our self worth....the job is just a job....enough procrastinating...Gotta Go!
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes