Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31580 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Jan 2010 17:17 #46613

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 18 Jan 2010 17:16:

Yiddle2 wrote on 18 Jan 2010 17:11:

Steve wrote on 18 Jan 2010 17:06:

Yiddle - I miss hearing your voice.

Do you mean on the call, on the forum, or on gchat, or all of the above?????

well, on gChat you sound like a lot of clicks....
on the forum I read, but don't hear anything but the ringing in my ears...
I guess I mean the call.
I'm gonna try to be in on the next one, too. don't know if  qualify as a vet yet, I feel i have a lot to learn still...

I plan on going on a few calls next round but not full time commitment. When is the first call, do you know?

-Yiddle
Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Jan 2010 18:10 #46659

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
No idea yet. All i know is that If Moshiach doesn't get here before that, DC isn't getting back to the US until Jan 28th. Guess we gotta keep checking his thread once & a while.

have a great day!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Jan 2010 18:51 #46673

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I know this sounds ignorant but who exactly is DC, and for that matter who is Rabbi S or Shlachter?

A lot of people in these forums seem to know these people, and I don't?

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Jan 2010 19:00 #46674

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
DC is Duvid Chaim, who gives a phone conference on the 12 steps (I think). Rav Shlachter is a therapist in eretz yisorel that specializes in addictions - he's worked with several people on the forum.

See? Now you know, too!

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Jan 2010 19:04 #46678

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
How and when would I join the DC calls?

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Jan 2010 20:42 #46706

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
haba,

take a looksie on the main forum page, scroll down till you see a board called "Duvid Chaim's Anonymous SA Confernece call" or something close to it, go in there and the first thread listed will give you information about the 12-Step program he runs. The next one starts sometime in February. You can email Duvid Chaim directly to request info, his email is posted on that page.

I joined that group because he GUARANTEED that if i do the program and "work the steps" this DESIRE TO LUST will become a thing of the past.

I know I have a ways to go, but i DEFINITELY see that I have a tremendous amount of freedom from that desire, much more than i have ever had in my life. i finished the program, but still feel there are parts of the steps I need to work better, and i can see that his guarantee is true, at least for me.

I hope you will be able to join. Even if the timing is tough, it is so worth it as an investment in the rest of your life.

That's what we're all here for, innit?
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Last Edit: 18 Jan 2010 20:58 by .

Re: Steve's Journal 18 Jan 2010 20:51 #46708

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
shkoaich!!

Re: Steve's Journal 19 Jan 2010 19:10 #46973

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Welcome to Tuesday.

Got a lot of catching up to do with work. Hard to function when there's a tiny feather tickling my nose on the inside, making my head run with water like Niagara. Caused a rough nite's sleep.

Never had allergies before, but i have a funny feeling this is what it's like.

Anyway, made a decision recently, not sure if it was right, but it felt right for me then. A friend, not so close, but a good man & major askan in our community, made a l'chaim for his daughter's engagement. Normally, I would have gone to give him a mazal tov. But I realized, even tho his family are bnei aliya b'ruchniyos, his wife and daughter dress very attractively, plus the kallah herself is, well, gorgeous, according to her pic on Facebooks which my wife showed me. I haven't seen her in years, but she was good-looking as a teen & made friends with the crowd that dressed less sniyusly. I decided NOT to go, thinking "why should I put myself into that nisayon" of avoiding looking at all the pretty young women, who most likely will be dressed in ways that make one WANT to look. As Habib and Trying taught me, I'm not talking against them, I hope they are working on themselves despite the influences of fashion. I'm just recognizing it's MY problem, and question if am I stronger than the nisayon or not? And rather than "test" myself, i decided it's best not even to "engage" the enemy.

I don't think of this as a failure, but as a win - 3 months ago I would have gladly gone, even looking forward inside to the feast for my eyes. If I could have worn sunglasses, I would have, to be able to stare with impunity. So I think of this as progress, BH, as a strategy to avoid slips. And by calling them afterwards, and wishing the parents mazal tov via phone, I get to give them my beracha without danger to myself.

Life can be VERY funny sometimes.

Re: Steve's Journal 19 Jan 2010 22:31 #47046

• humanbeing
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for being a live example. Your humbling perspective is what all of us Lust Addicts need to adopt in order to serve Hashem...To be mindful and know ourselves and our triggers is a very hard task to accomplish...Your example fills me with hope that i too will look upon myself and with humility recognize my limitations and become the true hero that's th real me...

Michaelangelo said that when he looked at the slab of marble that he formed his famous Moses ....he saw Moses... and then just chipped away the rock to reveal the beauty that his expert eye saw from the beginning
Last Edit: 19 Jan 2010 22:56 by .

Re: Steve's Journal 19 Jan 2010 22:51 #47062

• Halevi
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow.. amazing effort Steve.

Just make sure your wife doesn't show you the l'chaim photos on facebook  ;D

Re: Steve's Journal 19 Jan 2010 23:52 #47081

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow- sounds like you get a mazal tov! That is absolutely a victory, in many ways - in particular, the fact that you identified a danger, and took action to avoid it!

Re: Steve's Journal 20 Jan 2010 03:53 #47120

• Halevi
  • Fresh Boarder
Steve, I'm a bit worried about you. Your posts are too concise these days. We need the megillas!!

Re: Steve's Journal 20 Jan 2010 05:55 #47130

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
Steve, I LOVE THE IDEA!!! And with all that extra time on your hands, why don't you go to BLockbusters and take out Charlie's Angels or something.... Just Kidding!

Steve, I give you three thumbs up!!! (Did I ever tell you I was born in Chernobyl?)

KUTGW my man!

Re: Steve's Journal 20 Jan 2010 17:00 #47275

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
habaletaher wrote on 20 Jan 2010 05:55:

Steve, I give you three thumbs up!!! (Did I ever tell you I was born in Chernobyl?)

Oh, that is terrible! :D :D :D :'(

I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying!

Re: Steve's Journal 20 Jan 2010 17:44 #47289

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Short version:

YGCMU!

Megillah Version:

YOU GUYS CRACK ME UP!

Have a super-fantastico-ultra-productive day, everyone! KEEP SMILING at everyone you meet!!!! You just might infect yourself...

Ciao, baby...

Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes