Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31584 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 11 Jan 2010 16:55 #44427

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve, it is good to see your positive attitude, even though this is a difficult time...
Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 11 Jan 2010 17:17 #44443

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Well, y' know, it's like the lottery.

YOU GOTTA BE IN IT TO WIN IT!!!

Let's all spike our coffee today and come up with NEW ways to interact, maybe some NEW topics to generate some excitement, not just trudging along. Remember, we NEED each other's chizuk, and there are constantly appearing new recruits who look up to US to guide them. What'll happen to them when they see a bunch of depressed ex-addicts moping around?

WE GOTTA THINK OF THEM! JUST LIKE SOMEONE THOUGHT OF US, WHEN WE FIRST GOT HERE.

Many new friendships can be made, and that will help fill our void.

C'mon, guys, let's keep smiling...

:'(   
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Steve's Journal 11 Jan 2010 17:29 #44452

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Very true Steve.  KUTGW!!!  The more positive we are the better we are going to be. 

Re: Steve's Journal 12 Jan 2010 05:44 #44688

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Boy, it sure is quiet around here right now...

Shhhh.....

well, more on the morrow.

G'nite....
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: Steve's Journal 12 Jan 2010 14:11 #44733

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve, I love your attitude.
Hope you have a great day.

Re: Steve's Journal 12 Jan 2010 15:26 #44769

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sometimes quiet is good, right? But not always...

I absolutely agree - I mean, I'm far from being a veteran, but I'm going to make an effort to reach out a bit more, even though my time has become more limited...

Re: Steve's Journal 12 Jan 2010 16:40 #44817

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve, you serving pickles today.  Hope your day is going good!!!  Keep going and love the attitude.

Re: Steve's Journal 12 Jan 2010 16:53 #44826

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Actually, pickles are really good for you. No calories, and the vinegar balances blood sugar and reduces hunger cravings.

I used to joke around, after hearing the "pickle barrel" stories of the lower east side, and i used to say

"What's a Jew without a Pickle?!"

Didn't know how prophetic that would be...

Re: Steve's Journal 12 Jan 2010 16:59 #44829

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Steve wrote on 12 Jan 2010 16:53:

Actually, pickles are really good for you. No calories, and the vinegar balances blood sugar and reduces hunger cravings.

I used to joke around, after hearing the "pickle barrel" stories of the lower east side, and i used to say

"What's a Jew without a Pickle?!"

Didn't know how prophetic that would be...

Let me try this once more: I'm a prune, and I'll never be a plum again!  :D ;D : : :
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 12 Jan 2010 17:02 by .

Re: Steve's Journal 12 Jan 2010 18:23 #44855

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
I don't like the effect of prunes on my 'system..."

I think I liked you better as a reformed grape...

THEY'RE HAVING THE KUMZITZ RIGHT NOW!! AND WE CAN'T COME!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I tried to cal DC to ask him to send my regards to da boyz, but got only his voicemail, which really was some Sabra lady making an announcement after she practice her hebrew numbers, and not being too swift in the Shprach I couldn't get what she said, but there was a beep at the end so i left a message.

--- breathe ---

So in case our "Guests" think we don't know what it's like to be locked out with a gag order, please think again...

well, back to work.

I'll have to get this thread back into gear when i catch up with my work, till then, just short snippets.

Re: Steve's Journal 13 Jan 2010 05:54 #45169

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
End of day 29, according to the Chart.

'nother late night searching thru the forum. Seems I found a pattern, and I'm asking my friends here for their honesty and advice.

Hmmmmm, not quite sure how to word this. So I'll go for broke.

Maybe it's just my insecurities cropping up again, it's a problem I'm working on. But I noticed a few times when I add my 2 cents to a thread, that the other posters just sort of dance around my comments/suggestions and either don't or hardly respond. And you know me by now, when I have an idea in my heart that I feel strongly will help be mechazik someone, I get it out even if it takes a long post. I type slow, and for me these long posts are a real investment in time. I've done it cuz I've felt SO compelled to try to help in what look like emergencies.

I've also spent a lot of time today, when I really should have been working, looking over the other threads, trying to be helpful getting the RahRah going after the Big Change. Some of it's been appreciated, some ignored.

So please be honest and tell me what I'm doing wrong, how I can change so as to still contribute without being burdensome.

Maybe I've been missing the point, that the conversation is bent a different way than I was going.

Or maybe by the time I finished typing, the gang has moved on and my post wasn't relevant anymore.

Or maybe people are just sick n' tired of my long-winded posts.

Or maybe i'm coming on too strong, sounding liken I'm too commanding or telling people what to do.

Or maybe you think that I think I'm G-d's gift to the Forum, an old Baal Geivah preacher. Or a DC 12-Step Program Poster-Boy.

PLease be honest with me.  I haven't really been spending time here, which is what I started this for. Maybe I should limit myself to here, I'll share my days, my thoughts, or pontificate here from the sidelines, and stay out of everyone's hair. If you need me, you could find me here, ask me anything, and I'll try to give you the short version.

Maybe I'll actually get my work done, and finally be zoche to my parnose.

Re: Steve's Journal 13 Jan 2010 06:39 #45184

• BecomeHoly
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Gold Boarder
I think your posts are great. Keep em coming.

But do limit yourself here. Your job is to what is right, for this moment. If you need to work, then you need to work. Limit yourself for your sake, but we welcome your giving to us with open arms :-)

Oh and one more thing, long posts help you clarify YOUR thoughts. We're all about sharing... but sharing does not require a share-ee... its more important that we share. I've noticed my posts help me more than I think they help others. If they help others, that means I've got feedback on what actually helps, and it means I've gauged how much I've helped myself.

See.... this post is like one great clarifyer for me :-)

Good night!

Re: Steve's Journal 13 Jan 2010 07:19 #45195

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Steve,

First of all, I think that you have posted a ton of good stuff on the thread's I've seen. I also thing that some of the longer posts might only get read by the people whose thread it is, cuz many people don't invest as much time as you on the forum. I share your struggle, I think I have spent too much time on this thread, cuz it is taing up serious chunks of my time. On the other hand I'm clean now 28 days, and that is priceless and if it takes me spending 45 mins a day here, that is fine too!

The way I look at it for myself is azoy: if you regularly go long, people might not give it weight, but if your a regular mid to short ranger and then suddenly you post a long one, it will probably carry more weight.

Also, being that I'm relatively new here, my words aren't going to carry so much weight either way, b/c people don't know if I'm Good, Bad or Ugly!

As a pickle, I would have to say you're probably Good, Bad AND Ugly!!!

But I love you any way, and love the way you dedicate yourself to growing and helping others grow through GYE!

KUTGW my dear Chaver!!

Re: Steve's Journal 13 Jan 2010 15:57 #45299

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
THIS IS AN EMERGENCY TEHILLIM REQUEST FOR A DANGEROUSLY ILL YOUNG WOMAN

HI everybody.

A niece of mine in Eretz Yisroel has a best friend who has just been hospitalized due to VERY LOW BLOOD COUNTS in just about everything. The Doctors do not know what it could be. But she is in very grave danger. Her family in America, who just returned from visiting her there, are turning around and getting right back onto a plane to go back to her bedside. This is a young, unmarried girl in her mid 20's.

PLEASE SAY TEHILLIM ASAP FOR RIVKA AYALA BAS ALIZA, may she have a refuah shelayma b'korov!!

I will bli neder keep the olam posted. Guys, please add her name to your shul's Mishaberach list, and if your tzibbur allows tehillim b'rabbim for cholim after shachris and mincha, please include her name.

Tizku L'Mitzvos,

Steve

Re: Steve's Journal 13 Jan 2010 16:02 #45301

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Oy Refuah Sheleimah.
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes