Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31589 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 05 Jan 2010 21:00 #42496

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
imtrying25 wrote on 05 Jan 2010 20:28:

You know come to think of it, im so impressed that your proud to be a pickle. Arent thet always so insulted cuz they got smooshed around in the jar?!? :D :D :D

IT, ya just GOTTA BELIEVE!!! Accept yourself for who & what you are, then get going into action!

What should i do? Sit around moping, doin' nothing, like a bump on a pickle?
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by energeticwolf79.

Re: Steve's Journal 05 Jan 2010 21:02 #42499

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 05 Jan 2010 21:00:

imtrying25 wrote on 05 Jan 2010 20:28:

You know come to think of it, im so impressed that your proud to be a pickle. Arent thet always so insulted cuz they got smooshed around in the jar?!? :D :D :D

IT, ya just GOTTA BELIEVE!!! Accept yourself for who & what you are, then get going into action!

What should i do? Sit around moping, doin' nothing, like a bump on a pickle?
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Love the attitude sour head. Yeah and thats why i dance even though ive got meself a walker! :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by sparklingjaguar36.

Re: Steve's Journal 05 Jan 2010 21:06 #42501

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
attitude shmattitude - they're all platitudes, dude.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Last Edit: by balancedfox07.

Re: Steve's Journal 05 Jan 2010 21:09 #42504

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 05 Jan 2010 21:06:

attitude shmattitude - they're all platitudes, dude.
wow i didnt know you were a talmid of my Rebbi Dov too?? :D
Last Edit: by pleasedkangaroo16.

Re: Steve's Journal 05 Jan 2010 21:12 #42505

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Nah, just trying to beef up my spirits after a looooooooooooooooooooong day.

be kewl, jewl.

Last Edit: by struggle12345.

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Jan 2010 06:58 #42675

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey there bumpy pickle,

Jsut wanted to check in and say KUTGW!!! 22 Days now, almost a month!!!

Thanks for checking in on me while I was gone!
Haba
Last Edit: by brightgoldfish88.

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Jan 2010 08:42 #42709

• Halevi
  • Fresh Boarder
Steve is the man. Keep it up, Steve!!!
Last Edit: by mrhitter.

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Jan 2010 11:34 #42728

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 05 Jan 2010 21:12:

Nah, just trying to beef up my spirits after a looooooooooooooooooooong day.

be kewl, jewl.
Now if ive ever seen a long day........................................
Last Edit: by DeletedUser15514.

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Jan 2010 14:41 #42820

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE! THE EARTH SAYS "HELLO!"

OK, here begins another day, (Day 24 BTW,) full of potential. I'm wearing my Happy Specs today, the yellow ones, the ones that look FORWARD and not backward. And I've davenned that HKB"H guide me & make all my efforts successful, b'ruchniyos & b'gashmiyos!

I've had such inspiration from all of you, and last night especially from Trying, that even I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I REALLY feel I, WE, can make it!!

So now I'm rip, roaring and ready to get my projects done, with H's help.

Sooooooooooooo, I'm off to see the wizard. Wish me luck!! I got me a lot of catchin' up to do!!

Last Edit: by charliek57.

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Jan 2010 15:52 #42873

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
follow the yellow brick road! skip, dance, make snow angels!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by optimisticotter36.

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Jan 2010 22:35 #43091

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
In case anyone's not aware, someone left the kids playing without supervision and they got a penalty play called on them. Don't quite know if it was called for, but nevertheless, there is a GYE campaign going on to end Kaalos Rosh on this site. Yes, i agree, there should never be "lightheadedness", but we need some guidelines. i know there was a thread about Mechitzas a while back, but this is MY thread, so I wanna push the button over here...

What exaclty is the definition of kaalos rosh at it applies to GYE? Is it ANY amount of humor at all (I wont be allowed to open my mouth!!), or is it when we fall into the "playful banter" of "sista & brotha" across genders? Is there a diff between typing "You're so cool" and "You're so kewl?" Are we being extra creative and slangy cuz we wanna impress someone? How do we feel when we are in "chat"-like conversations across genders, that have nothing directly involved in chizuk other than showing gevaldige friendship, and caring? Is that "support" or is that inappropriate? can we really draw a distinctive line between Fellowship and Friendship? Does anyone besides me see the difference?

We each need to examine our innermost motivations when posting "cross gender." REALLY. I did some serious sole-searching (that's the kind where you kick yourself a lot) the first time i sent a mssg directly to one of the young ladies on the forum when i joined. Guard will remember how neurotic i got then. I remember feeling a small degree of "affection" for the person, and all i was doing was sending her a chizuk PM thru Guard! But that was in my early days, when I was still confused. Now I see inside me, on a motivational level, that the chizuk posts I send "cross gender" are divorced from any degree of flirting or inappropriate desire, and I see that i can seriously care deeply for them and their success on a neshama level, same as I do for the guys here. In fact, I have been so impressed by these holy women, whom I assume are young enough to be my daughter, that at one time I was even looking for shidduchim for them!

I don't mean to take the fun out of this site, c"v, or to deny any of our holy men & women here the chance to form the close friendships they need. And I have NEVER seen anything inappropriate in any post, 'cept for the occasional bad language (which i understand comes from pain and emotion).

I have come to respect every man and woman (and those nuts in between  - you know who you are  ) -  whom I have met on this site, and the amount of great chizuk given inter- and intra-gender is GEVALDIG and so full of caring. I wouldn't want us to lose any of it.

But perhaps there are moments of closeness we wouldn't allow ourselves if we were, say, meeting in person in an office atmosphere, even with others in the room. Should THAT be the geder of understanding?

Just a few of my thoughts. Anyone care to mention theirs?

Last Edit: by .

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Jan 2010 23:21 #43130

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Couldnt agree woth you more , steve. Honestly i think anything on the site is usually pretty stable. People know that thewre are moderaters and stuff so people dont want to cross the line.

What i dont understand is, walking to the other side of the mechitza just so you can yell at the women for not being dressed properly. If you dont like it, stay in the mens section.

Ok im gonna stop while im ahead!

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Jan 2010 23:27 #43136

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
One more point: As we learn in the strategies to get free from a lust urge, experts have mentioned to stop thinking about the specific person we are looking at as a s*x object, but as a human being. Think about her as a person, feel her pain. Those screen performers are someone's daughter. How far from her parent's love she must be. How lowly she must hold of herself to do these things. And then to project that though process on every female we meet - to think about them on a higher plane, as a person with hopes and dreams and struggles just like us.

We have an opportunity here at GYE to develop that care and concern for the neshama of each other, no matter what their gender is. I think every younger man on this forum will make a better husband one day because of how he is treating the young ladies on this forum today.

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Jan 2010 23:29 #43138

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 06 Jan 2010 23:27:

One more point: As we learn in the strategies to get free from a lust urge, experts have mentioned to stop thinking about the specific person we are looking at as a s*x object, but as a human being. Think about her as a person, feel her pain. Those screen performers are someone's daughter. How far from her parent's love she must be. How lowly she must hold of herself to do these things. And then to project that though process on every female we meet - to think about them on a higher plane, as a person with hopes and dreams and struggles just like us.

We have an opportunity here at GYE to develop that care and concern for the neshama of each other, no matter what their gender is. I think every younger man on this forum will make a better husband one day because of how he is treating the young ladies on this forum today.
Maskim!!

But then again what does some senior citizens haskama mean anyway?? What does he know about tayvos?? Ok stop it STOP.............

Re: Steve's Journal 06 Jan 2010 23:32 #43140

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
IT, you remind me of the time a young man was standing by the mechitza at a wedding, watching the ladies dance. A rosh yeshiva comes to him and says, 'young man, you dont belong here..." to which he replies "Oh, Rebbi, you don't understand. I'm looking for my wife, and I've gotta go, so I'm in a rush." So the RY answers "Oh, that's different! Let me help you find her. What does she look like?" And the fellow says "I don't know yet!!"

Have a good nite!!!

Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes