Welcome, Guest

I am not my body
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I am not my body 197 Views

I am not my body 16 Apr 2020 20:21 #348421

• Guardian
  • Junior Boarder
My body is mine but not me

It is no wonder that today people make the mistake of identifying themselves as a body. 

We live in a world where people identify with their phone, their car, their house, their facebook profile, their political party, etc. 

If people mistakenly identify themselves with objects and ideas that are completely external to themselves it is no wonder that they also confuse themselves with something that is a lot closer to themselves (their body). 

But we are not our bodies. Our bodies are like our clothes. They might reveal something about who we are, but they are not who we are. Just like our clothes become worn out and need to be thrown away so to one day it will also be time for us to say goodbye to our bodies. 

I am not 24 but my body is, I am a Neshama I am ageless.
  • I am not hungry, my body is hungry
  • I am not tired, my body is tired
  • I am not angry, my body is angry
  • I am not stressed, my body is stressed

Right now I am treating my body to a cold glass of milk. My body and I are at peace. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes