Welcome, Guest

commitment: b'ezrach H'Shem
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: commitment: b'ezrach H'Shem 312 Views

commitment: b'ezrach H'Shem 02 Apr 2020 06:00 #348249

• shlemiel
  • Junior Boarder
This will not be easy; at least, I can acknowledge that. Otherwise, if I were too optimistic about this, without recognising the challenge ahead of me for what it is, I would be fooling myself. My first concern, regards what may have led to my demise in the past, when I let a false rationalization lead me into an aveirah. Rather, I should not give any credence to Freud 's instinct theory, that is based on the model of a steam engine. As if there is any truth to the claim, on his part, that there is a necessary release of libido energy that is natural (through an act that is actually forbidden according to Torah). H'Shem, may I not fall prey to this, or any other rationalization to do what is impermissible. 

Re: commitment: b'ezrach H'Shem 02 Apr 2020 18:07 #348258

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlemiel wrote on 02 Apr 2020 06:00:
This will not be easy; at least, I can acknowledge that. Otherwise, if I were too optimistic about this, without recognising the challenge ahead of me for what it is, I would be fooling myself. My first concern, regards what may have led to my demise in the past, when I let a false rationalization lead me into an aveirah. Rather, I should not give any credence to Freud 's instinct theory, that is based on the model of a steam engine. As if there is any truth to the claim, on his part, that there is a necessary release of libido energy that is natural (through an act that is actually forbidden according to Torah). H'Shem, may I not fall prey to this, or any other rationalization to do what is impermissible. 

It takes great effort to decide to change, and even more effort to stick to that resolution for even a short time.

As we know, effort is all that matters, and every instant of effort is priceless. The battle against desire is a challenging, lifelong battle, and it was not created to be easy. It is supposed to be a struggle, and the odds are strong that some battles will be lost.

But by keeping his determination to fight despite the difficulty, a person can achieve the ultimate success: emerging victorious from the most intense battle ever.

You should feel proud and encouraged about every ounce of effort. As a result, you will emerge stronger from your errors!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: commitment: b'ezrach H'Shem 02 Apr 2020 18:26 #348259

• shlemiel
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you for your response.
I see every effort as having great potential.
I know from my past experience that
each hurdle can bring me to the next level.
The kedushah will accrue over time,
- H'Shem willing. Yehi ratzon.
Shalom.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes