Welcome, Guest

Journey to 90 days
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Journey to 90 days 654 Views

Journey to 90 days 11 Feb 2020 09:24 #347287

• Hizuk18
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Shalom guys,

I have reached 13 clean days now.  I thought it would be helpful to start a thread where I journal at least a few times a week about my progress, struggles, etc.  B'hatzlacha to all who are striving to reach 90 days and strengthen their inner resolve!

Re: Journey to 90 days 12 Feb 2020 19:18 #347310

Hey everyone, I have tried the 90 day challenge multiple times, but keep failing after I get very strong urges after about 2 to 3 weeks. I can’t seem to overcome this level of urge, does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Journey to 90 days 12 Feb 2020 19:22 #347311

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Doitforhashem wrote on 12 Feb 2020 19:18:
Hey everyone, I have tried the 90 day challenge multiple times, but keep failing after I get very strong urges after about 2 to 3 weeks. I can’t seem to overcome this level of urge, does anyone have any suggestions?

Its very common to feel weak and fall after a streak of clean days. Most people go thru this stage.We need to realize what's behind this in order to stay strong and not to have to start the same cycle again.The reason is that the initial emotional excitement wares off ... now its an intellectual struggle. 
The good thing is that when you get over this bump, and you stay strong not because of feelings but because you know what's important and you want in life, things really start falling into place - big time!For now, please know that there is nothing wrong with you, you're normal and you're actually doing great. Many people disappear for the system at this point and the fact the you reached out for help shows that you're serious about this and you'll get over the bump with Hashems help.Let's daven together that we should be able to do the ratzon Hashem and we should be happy and have a true fulfilling life with the REAL enjoyments.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Journey to 90 days 12 Feb 2020 19:42 #347312

• Mark18
  • Current streak: 120 days
  • Banned
DavidT wrote on 12 Feb 2020 19:22:

Doitforhashem wrote on 12 Feb 2020 19:18:

Its very common to feel weak and fall after a streak of clean days. Most people go thru this stage.We need to realize what's behind this in order to stay strong and not to have to start the same cycle again.The reason is that the initial emotional excitement wares off ... now its an intellectual struggle. 
The good thing is that when you get over this bump, and you stay strong not because of feelings but because you know what's important and you want in life, things really start falling into place - big time!For now, please know that there is nothing wrong with you, you're normal and you're actually doing great. Many people disappear for the system at this point and the fact the you reached out for help shows that you're serious about this and you'll get over the bump with Hashems help.Let's daven together that we should be able to do the ratzon Hashem and we should be happy and have a true fulfilling life with the REAL enjoyments.

The fact that youve tried multiple times is really the key to success. The posuk says sheva yipol tzadik vkom - a tzadik falls seven (or more) times and gets up again again and again. Rav tzadok asks why does it say a tzadik falls are you a tzadik after you fall and the answer is yes because he keeps getting up again and again thats what makes him a tzadik. So, Tzadik pick yourself up cry to Hashem to help you in this struggle say tikun haklaki in hebrew and english so that it gets into your heart and your soul stay connected to your brothers here at gye and forget about the falls as if they never happened pick yourself up and push on straight ahead. Our dear brother keep strong!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes